The fort of Queen Kola: Abasa

Bass

😼
252E477E-8A4C-4A97-96E1-C3BC25055D43.jpeg

“Abasa is a large site with more than 200 houses which are in a good state of preservation -in some cases the walls of the houses reach a height of more than a meter and a half. As it is commonly the case for the medieval sites throughout Somaliland, it has no defensive walls.” - Incipit Archaeological Project in Somaliland.

Source:

Bass

😼
Abasa is situated about 25 km to the north of Borama as the crow flies on the road from Zeila. It is the most impressive of the ruins around Borama. A large town, it features numerous ruined structures stretching over a wide area. The buildings were built in a rectangular style, and the now ruined Abasa Mosque has large columns of two different types: cylindrical and cruciform. 14th to 16th century Islamic pottery and Chinese sherds have also been found here, which are believed to be relics from the Adal Sultanate's commercial activities.

Mosque-Abasa-3-1.jpg

Bass

😼
Who was she? What did she do?
Queen Kola was a Queen from the pre-Adal era which according to some sources was wicked and evil, inciting battles and fighting like “ certain cats until they ate each other up”

By they, I am referring to Abasa’s neighbour Aububah.

Queen Kola was a Queen from the pre-Adal era which according to some sources was wicked and evil, inciting battles and fighting like “ certain cats until they ate each other up”

By they, I am referring to Abasa’s neighbour Aububah.
Why did we have so many evil queens.

@Awbarre do you know anything special about this site?

I read what Richard Burton said about it in his book. He mentions a Queen named Kola who was at war with her neighbors and the war between the hometown of the Queen (Abasa) and the rival town (Aububah) fought with eachother until both towns and communities were destroyed.

I assume it was in the pre-Adal era. But she was definitely not Arawello in my opinion.

Fort of Queen Kola.jpg

From this website: https://statehorn.com/portfolio/abasa/

Isn't it weird that these iberian arab berber mullato rape products try to degrade our history in a subtle manner, why would they call this queen 'Galla', this is a term known by any amateur historian or anthropologist to refer to the Oromo, so these guys are implying this Queen and that ancient Somali town to be Galla Oromo, yet we all known oromo never settled in northern Somalia, the furthest they expanded to was jigjiga briefly in the 1600snbefore Garaad Wiil Waal killed the Oromo general Gaal Gurey and liberated jigjiga...if they wanted to use a term that implies the Somali queen and this town was most likely either pre-Islamic, non-muslim, or pre-Ifat and Adal, they could've simply used the term proto-Somali, or medieval Somali