The Ecommerce Kawaal. And What Somalis should avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to share this since SSpot ranks high in Somali keywords and some kid somewhere is going to look for ecommerce and Somali related keywords. I just want to give a perspective and help people see the truth in ecommerce if they are interested in opening an online dukaan .

There are 3 types of people in ecommerce.

1. Those who start ecommerce Dukaans

2. Those who buy ecommerce Dukaans.

3. And those who get suckered into paying $$$ to learn how to start a Dukaan.

There's this platform called "Empire Flippers" I finalized a deal on and purchased an ecommerce store after shutting down my business in Alberta.

The platform helps you buy ecommerce businesses from people who want to get out and move onto something else. I was super sceptical at first but after watching their unique content on YouTube I learned something incredible.

...I will get back to the purchase of this Dukaan. But let's cover something first.

...people love getting kawaaled!

Their YouTube channel has less than 2k subs, and average less than 200 views per video. They interview owners--REAL OWNERS, and they give you the niche, revenue and net profit--without compromising the companies name and details. The interviews display how difficult it is to own an ecommerce store and how sobering it is when they tell you the store you are buying only makes 4-6k profit a month. This is the most underrated ecommerce content on the market and I wanted to share this perspective with anyone who has considered joining this ecommerce orgy online.

The 2017 Ecommerce Duulinimo!

When you search anything in youtube about ecommerce nowadays, what do you notice? It usually starts like this: Some guys sits on a beach or in an lavish setting and tells you how he's living the dotcom lifestyle without working for anyone. The cadences of the content to pull maskiins in looks like this:

A) Show video related to keywords on how to start ecommerce store.

B) Show lifestyle

C) Host a pre-recorded webinar

D) After completing free webinar offer service.

E) Include legal disclaimer to protect you before purchase.

F) Take cash and never speak to client.

These setups are usually the drip campaigns that sucker so many duulis into paying to learn how to start something. This shit is getting out of hand the ecommerce knowledge content is getting incredibly saturated with these setups.

So, back to how my rational Somali merchant mentality helped me sidestep this Xoolonimo.

I bought an ecommerce store.

Yes,

I purchased it. From someone.

This little old Somali man voice in my mind said "Waar taalo, why START an ecommerce dukaan?" "When you can BUY an ecommerce dukaan".

This was my most rational and no brainer approach to getting into ecommerce. The store doesn't make millions like many people think, it gives me a decent ROI and I managed to Kawaal the seller into sticking around for an extra 2 months to help me get settled in.

At this point, I learned a lot and actually have time to do things that matter like raising my family and doing things I enjoy.

I wish I learned about this before and if you are reading this and got this far, don't give up and don't get tricked! It's not all luxury and lifestyle. It's hard work and it can payoff in a big way. Just be rational and have an Iman in your heart when it comes to practical cashflow.

I'm going to share this on my YouTube channel soon, but I won't be disclosing confidential information like the store I bought. But the seller is Empire Flippers and these guys are by far the best kept secret in ecommerce.

Rageethi,

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
Will you reveal in your vlog HOW MUCH you paid for this ecommerce website? And did you buy the WEBSITE or the WEBSITE + PRODUCTS?

Will you reveal in your vlog HOW MUCH you paid for this ecommerce website? And did you buy the WEBSITE or the WEBSITE + PRODUCTS?

The whole site, manuals, suppliers and products.

You get help from the previous owner during the transition and they sign a non-compete clause so they don't open another business that competes with you. After that it's you and the wind.

It's a niche product in Agro within the natural foods category. Learning a lot. But, I would like to disclose the details in a couple months on the channel.

If you go on their YouTube channel they have over 150 interviews in podcast formats with the sellers.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
Ok I understand now. SO I have question, since the person is selling his store it's clear they are not interested in pursuing their practice, wouldn't it be better to set up a similar shop for a fraction of the price and compete with them until they STOP.

Ok I understand now. SO I have question, since the person is selling his store it's clear they are not interested in pursuing their practice, wouldn't it be better to set up a similar shop for a fraction of the price and compete with them until they STOP.

Is that a Somali Siisaad question?

They don't disclose the full details of the business until you pay a deposit and check the financials.

They only provide limited info likes: Revenue, Expenses and Profit.

It's geared towards people who want to jump into a car that running and working instead of building a car from scratch.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
Is that a Somali Siisaad question?

They don't disclose the full details of the business until you pay a deposit and check the financials.

They only provide limited info likes: Revenue, Expenses and Profit.

It's geared towards people who want to jump into a car that running and working instead of building a car from scratch.
I don't know what that means siisaad? I understand now. Can I ask you about government contracts in Somalia in another thread?

I don't know what that means siisaad? I understand now. Can I ask you about government contracts in Somalia in another thread?

I meant Siiyasaad.lool

And no, I'm not the right person to ask about government contracts. That's outside of my scope and vertical.

The whole site, manuals, suppliers and products.

You get help from the previous owner during the transition and they sign a non-compete clause so they don't open another business that competes with you. After that it's you and the wind.

It's a niche product in Agro within the natural foods category. Learning a lot. But, I would like to disclose the details in a couple months on the channel.

If you go on their YouTube channel they have over 150 interviews in podcast formats with the sellers.

Woooow.

:ohhh:

There's non-compete clauses. I always used to think that if someone sells their business, they can just start a similar one again and beat the person they sold to, because they have the knowledge.

NDA's and non-competes. Wow. There's alot of secret agreements.

I wanted to share this since SSpot ranks high in Somali keywords and some kid somewhere is going to look for ecommerce and Somali related keywords. I just want to give a perspective and help people see the truth in ecommerce if they are interested in opening an online dukaan .

There are 3 types of people in ecommerce.

1. Those who start ecommerce Dukaans

2. Those who buy ecommerce Dukaans.

3. And those who get suckered into paying $$$ to learn how to start a Dukaan.

There's this platform called "Empire Flippers" I finalized a deal on and purchased an ecommerce store after shutting down my business in Alberta.

The platform helps you buy ecommerce businesses from people who want to get out and move onto something else. I was super sceptical at first but after watching their unique content on YouTube I learned something incredible.

...I will get back to the purchase of this Dukaan. But let's cover something first.

...people love getting kawaaled!

Their YouTube channel has less than 2k subs, and average less than 200 views per video. They interview owners--REAL OWNERS, and they give you the niche, revenue and net profit--without compromising the companies name and details. The interviews display how difficult it is to own an ecommerce store and how sobering it is when they tell you the store you are buying only makes 4-6k profit a month. This is the most underrated ecommerce content on the market and I wanted to share this perspective with anyone who has considered joining this ecommerce orgy online.

The 2017 Ecommerce Duulinimo!

When you search anything in youtube about ecommerce nowadays, what do you notice? It usually starts like this: Some guys sits on a beach or in an lavish setting and tells you how he's living the dotcom lifestyle without working for anyone. The cadences of the content to pull maskiins in looks like this:

A) Show video related to keywords on how to start ecommerce store.

B) Show lifestyle

C) Host a pre-recorded webinar

D) After completing free webinar offer service.

E) Include legal disclaimer to protect you before purchase.

F) Take cash and never speak to client.

These setups are usually the drip campaigns that sucker so many duulis into paying to learn how to start something. This shit is getting out of hand the ecommerce knowledge content is getting incredibly saturated with these setups.

So, back to how my rational Somali merchant mentality helped me sidestep this Xoolonimo.

I bought an ecommerce store.

Yes,

I purchased it. From someone.

This little old Somali man voice in my mind said "Waar taalo, why START an ecommerce dukaan?" "When you can BUY an ecommerce dukaan".

This was my most rational and no brainer approach to getting into ecommerce. The store doesn't make millions like many people think, it gives me a decent ROI and I managed to Kawaal the seller into sticking around for an extra 2 months to help me get settled in.

At this point, I learned a lot and actually have time to do things that matter like raising my family and doing things I enjoy.

I wish I learned about this before and if you are reading this and got this far, don't give up and don't get tricked! It's not all luxury and lifestyle. It's hard work and it can payoff in a big way. Just be rational and have an Iman in your heart when it comes to practical cashflow.

I'm going to share this on my YouTube channel soon, but I won't be disclosing confidential information like the store I bought. But the seller is Empire Flippers and these guys are by far the best kept secret in ecommerce.

Rageethi,

Funny coincidence that this thread was revived. Sadly, I fell victim to the siren of E-Commerce gurus chanting a balanced lifestyle while providing little information regarding markets and practicality. Luckily I'm still in school so it was a quick learning process, not much damage done.

I've moved on and ended up working for an established e-commerce site in my city. I wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying (or what you said, in 2017).

Not mentioning names of any high-profile self-proclaimed e commerce gurus, but many of them are targeting the starry-eyed single-mother category in the hopes of selling them a dream. I do remember a few single mothers who experienced what you've mentioned in the program they purchased. An instructor who rarely addressed their business concerns, yet managed to answer ever question about purchasing additional web-services that supplement e-commerce businesses.

Looking forward to your informative uploads!

Woooow.

:ohhh:

There's non-compete clauses. I always used to think that if someone sells their business, they can just start a similar one again and beat the person they sold to, because they have the knowledge.

NDA's and non-competes. Wow. There's alot of secret agreements.

That’s the Ciyaal Kacaan mentality.lool

Funny coincidence that this thread was revived. Sadly, I fell victim to the siren of E-Commerce gurus chanting a balanced lifestyle while providing little information regarding markets and practicality. Luckily I'm still in school so it was a quick learning process, not much damage done.

I've moved on and ended up working for an established e-commerce site in my city. I wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying (or what you said, in 2017).

Not mentioning names of any high-profile self-proclaimed e commerce gurus, but many of them are targeting the starry-eyed single-mother category in the hopes of selling them a dream. I do remember a few single mothers who experienced what you've mentioned in the program they purchased. An instructor who rarely addressed their business concerns, yet managed to answer ever question about purchasing additional web-services that supplement e-commerce businesses.

Looking forward to your informative uploads!

It’s been a slow and steady process.

Still learning the ins and outs of this, but what I do enjoy is the freedom it allows.

There’s great tutorials out there, but most of them say the same things and pull on people’s desires.

Just look at bitcoin tutorials and how its taking off. The videos are parallels with e-commerce videos; where people sell this false hope of getting rich and living a certain lifestyle.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
It's a shame that this thread died out.

Started a couple drop-shipping sites a year ago but ended up losing interest when the margins didn't improve after some time.

Tried diversifying the niches I was involved in but I guess I approached it the wrong way and expected I could get away with minimal sales funnel work.

A ton of iteration and testing is needed to make it work. Budget doesn't matter but time does.

Probably will attempt it again but I'm also interested in the Horn of Africa market.

Guess consumer stuff won't work because of the logistics involved.

Still researching b2b opportunities there but there is still work needed for e-commerce in Somalia.

what method do you use to sell, is it dropshipping, amazon fba or another method?

Do you only sell one product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending