The Earth is flat?

Discussion in 'Science & Tech' started by Qabille, Feb 11, 2019.

?
  1. Round (Spherical)

89.5%
  2. Flat

10.5%
  1. Qabille

Qabille

Ratings:
    +425
    Lol wut?

> Planting two sticks a mile apart without taking into account elevation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Fiidmeer

Fiidmeer

Ratings:
    +893
    How would you explain sunrises and sunsets in a flat Earth?

3. A_A

A_A Retired FanFiction Writer

Ratings:
    +3,410
    I told you it’s been a while since I’ve done it. I knew I missed something, but yes you should take that into account. There are plenty of tutorials online that explain the steps way better then me.

4. Schematics

Schematics

Ratings:
    +116

The knowledge of the existence of the Van Allen belt pre-dates the moon landing flight. A study was undertaken to assess the dangers coming from radiation if travel required through the belt. Astronauts flew through a small gap of the belt on their way to the moon so naturally that means they went beyond the belt.The studies of the zone still continues and scientists are learning new details such as the shifting shapes and how particles organize themselves once hit by a surge of energy from the sun. Part of what the belt does is provide protection to the earth from the sun's deadly radiation .

The reason there was not another moon landing is purely economical and lack of space vehicle to take humans there again. Investments are needed and the Us government wasn't willing to spend money on the project. Now SpaceX and Boeing projects are underway to provide such vehicles cheaper so space flights to the moon specifically can resume.

There is also a new map of the Van Allen belt constructed from data gathered by probes sent there. You can find that new map on google. The study continues.

One of these images is here:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted