The do's & don'ts of raising Somali kids in the West

It must be a fucking nightmare raising Somali kids in the west

What are the do's and don'ts? What do Somali parents do that works and that doesn't work?

Why are Somali youth in the UK and Europe better off than in Canada?

Serious question... drop some knowledge SSpot :nahgirl:

FOCUS ON STEM FIELDS Especially Engineering and Medical
FOCUS ON Proper Nutrition(more so plant based diet)

Get into real sports like Wrestling, Boxing Ju-Jitsu or any MMA related combat sport. Then as they reach their teen years, get them into weightlifting(power-lifting/bodybuilding). Basketball and Soccer(futbol) are cool, but should be tertiary behind MMA and powerlifting/bodybuilding. Will develop toughness and build utmost confidence.

Also make sure your kids are hanging out with kids that are also succeeding in school.

Muji

VIP
How can you ensure they do well in education? Most Somali boys are a flop

Most Somali boys have racist teachers who believe black boys are dumb and badly behaved so they treat them with scorn and tolerate nothing from them. When you treat someone like scum they act accordingly.

My son will receive help with his curriculum from me- he will be ahead of his class. And I will encourage him to find a study group.

Also most Somali kids are sharing a room with other siblings- no quiet place in the house to study. They also suffer because they can’t afford all the extra revision books their cadan peers can afford. When I finish my exams I always give my old text books to Somali kids.

My kids will be taken to summer camps, educational events and museums to get them interested in science, tutoring from me (I’m a post graduate) and a quiet place to study. I will also teach them to code very young as that’s very important. That’s if I decide to have kids. If I do I will only have 2 kids so I can give them my attention. If they turn shit after that I can blame the geeljire genetics which skipped a generation and went to my kids.

@Knowles damn you dropped some knowledge

Are you a teacher or something, very knowledge machallah

giphy.gif

Muji

VIP
@Knowles damn you dropped some knowledge

Are you a teacher or something, very knowledge machallah

giphy.gif

No walal but I’ve read in to this topic because in one year in Camden (an area populated by Somalis) only one girl got more than 5 GCSEs between A to C. I was interested in why this was the case and it turned out to be because Somali parents find it hard to understand the British grading system, can’t help with homework because they don’t understand English and other reasons to do with poverty.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Boys or girls, do NOT let them go outside or, better yet, make it so that they never want to go outside. You can do that by stocking the house with tons of video games or introducing them to something addictive like World of Warcraft.

I would also avoid living in low income neighbourhoods, especially ones full of Somalis and madows. Watch very closely who your child hangs around.

No walal but I’ve read in to this topic because in one year in Camden (an area populated by Somalis) only one girl got more than 5 GCSEs between A to C. I was interested in why this was the case and it turned out to be because Somali parents find it hard to understand the British grading system, can’t help with homework because they don’t understand English and other reasons to do with poverty.

Wow that's actually mad

That shows these kids are already behind at year 6

By year 11 its too late

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Boys or girls, do NOT let them go outside or better yet, make it so that they never want to go outside. You can do that by stocking the house with tons of video games or introducing them to something addictive like World of Warcraft.
I agree .Until they become mature, you have to impose restrictions and take them on holidays and road trips so they dont become shut ins(sons)

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I agree .Until they become mature, you have to impose restrictions and take them on holidays and road trips so they dont become shut ins(sons)
Regular supervised trips back home would be a good way to keep them cultured and prevent a future quarter-life identity crisis.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Another thing that Somalis should start doing is getting permanent tutors for their children whether they are doing good or bad in school. Indhoyars in America do this and it's a large part of why they do so much better than every other group.

More emphasis on education and discipline. Once there's discipline they will work hard regularly as if normal. Once they're educated and frequent decent Somalis they'll come to like their own people and not follow degenetate culture

Also, we need to fix our diets badly. Food is so important in growth and brain & body development but this is always overlooked. If u look at UK Somalis they consume a shit ton of sugar, sweets, fried chicken etc but added sugar seems to be their biggest addiction. I don't know if we're ready for this convo but this much sugar impacts behaviour, mood and leads to more addiction. Not gonna go into details but our diet is simply shit. Our neighbours, Ethios, have one of the healthiest diet/cuisine in the world, tastes very nice and is loved by vegans and non-vegans...this is why they have good minds, healthy bodies and produce bright families etc.

1. Don't live in the hood.
2. Be present. Mentally, physically etc.
3. Travel with your kids from a young age. Get them exposed to different cultures.
4. Get them involved in sports, extracirricular activities.
5. Teach them about the deen. Emphasize this when they're young.

Most Somali boys have racist teachers who believe black boys are dumb and badly behaved so they treat them with scorn and tolerate nothing from them. When you treat someone like scum they act accordingly.

My son will receive help with his curriculum from me- he will be ahead of his class. And I will encourage him to find a study group.

Also most Somali kids are sharing a room with other siblings- no quiet place in the house to study. They also suffer because they can’t afford all the extra revision books their cadan peers can afford. When I finish my exams I always give my old text books to Somali kids.

My kids will be taken to summer camps, educational events and museums to get them interested in science, tutoring from me (I’m a post graduate) and a quiet place to study. I will also teach them to code very young as that’s very important. That’s if I decide to have kids. If I do I will only have 2 kids so I can give them my attention. If they turn shit after that I can blame the geeljire genetics which skipped a generation and went to my kids.

Thats not really an issue if for example, there are two kids per room. The problem is when 5 kids are sleeping in one room and theres 11 people living in a three bedroom apartment. No space at all. parents really need to think about this before they have kids.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Somali Boys are more inclined to follow the Maddows ,such as those in Camden
They need a strong Fatherly role model to follow.

Trending

Latest posts