The day I've realized I wasn't Somali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
It was a hot summer day on July 13th. My good friend texted me that Friday morning and asked if I could go to the Somali mall with her because she wanted to get henna done. My friend is not Somali, me being the good, charitable, nice friend I'm, I agreed to accompany her. Since she asked me in the morning before my drive to work. I've quickly ran back to my room and grabbed an abaya. Chucked the abaya in my purse and quickly left for work.

After a long day of hard work (Not really, I mostly sat at my desk and listen to Spotify while I participated in the daily gossip of how I'm going to finesse Drake) anyways my friend and I met up at my work and we drove together in my car while she left her vehicle at my work place parking lot. We stopped by to get frozen lemonade on our way to the Somali mall. We found parking (there are plenty of parking spaces at the Somali mall because broke Somalis avoid paying 2 dollar parking fee, it's only 2 dollar for 0-4 hours)

Long story short because I don't have the patience to go on a tangent. As we entered the mall, we were greeted by the loud, inhumane sounds, at first I was scared thinking I've entered in another realm then I quickly realized I was in a Somali territory. As we quickly avoided making eye contacts with the sleazy, overweight, under dressed, former USC members (we were in Kamarel, that area is filled with former moryaans I mean Somalis) my friend and I held onto each other while putting on a brave face. Women who looked like they cooked people back in the civil war all stood in the hallway and stared at us from head to toe. They murmured to each other, I could feel their judgmental eyes piercing through my skin under the oversized open abaya.

What felt like eternity passed as we entered the henna store, there greeted me my good friend, the henna artist and her sister. I let out a sigh of relief. We scurried to the back of the store, there sat 3 obese girls with caked make-up.Smacking their lips with attitude as we sat across from them. One of them couldn't contain her curiousity and said, abaayo you're so pretty. Flabbergasted because I thought she was going to indulge me like a whale in the sea, I nervously said awww thanks sweetie. She started speaking in afsomali to me but in a different dialect that disgusted me to be quite honest with you. I excused myself from the unwanted conversation she tried to engaged me in and said Sorry Hun I'm not Somali, innocently she asked what was I and I replied I'm Puntite.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
It was a hot summer day on July 13th. My good friend texted me that Friday morning and asked if I could go to the Somali mall with her because she wanted to get henna done. My friend is not Somali, me being the good, charitable, nice friend I'm, I agreed to accompany her. Since she asked me in the morning before my drive to work. I've quickly ran back to my room and grabbed an abaya. Chucked the abaya in my purse and quickly left for work.

After a long day of hard work (Not really, I mostly sat at my desk and listen to Spotify while I participated in the daily gossip of how I'm going to finesse Drake) anyways my friend and I met up at my work and we drove together in my car while she left her vehicle at my work place parking lot. We stopped by to get frozen lemonade on our way to the Somali mall. We found parking (there are plenty of parking spaces at the Somali mall because broke Somalis avoid paying 2 dollar parking fee, it's only 2 dollar for 0-4 hours)

Long story short because I don't have the patience to go on a tangent. As we entered the mall, we were greeted by the loud, inhumane sounds, at first I was scared thinking I've entered in another realm then I quickly realized I was in a Somali territory. As we quickly avoided making eye contacts with the sleazy, overweight, under dressed, former USC members (we were in Kamarel, that area is filled with former moryaans I mean Somalis) my friend and I held onto each other while putting on a brave face. Women who looked like they cooked people back in the civil war all stood in the hallway and stared at us from head to toe. They murmured to each other, I could feel their judgmental eyes piercing through my skin under the oversized open abaya.

What felt like eternity passed as we entered the henna store, there created me my good friend, the henna artist and her sister. I let out a sigh of relief. We scurried to the back of the store, there sat 3 obese girls with caked make-up.Smacking their lips with attitude as we sat across from them. One of them couldn't contain her curiousity and said, abaayo you're so pretty. Flabbergasted because I thought she was going to indulge me like a whale in the sea, I nervously said awww thanks sweetie. She started speaking in afsomali to me but in a different dialect that disgusted me to be quite honest with you. I excused myself from the unwanted conversation she tried to engaged me in and said Sorry Hun I'm not Somali, innocently she asked what was I and I replied I'm Puntite.

giphy.gif
Sxb, don't you mean your a qabilist and a bigot towards other Somali qabils:cosbyhmm:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Kkkkkkkkkkkkkk I was never expecting such dramatic ending to the story. Hilarious wallaahi :pachah1:

How can I be qabiliste? I'm far from it.
Of course not you are a loving Xalimoo who loves her fellow qabilsmen without prejudice or bigotry

"She started speaking in afsomali to me but in a different dialect that disgusted me to be quite honest with you. I excused myself from the unwanted conversation she tried to engaged me in and said Sorry Hun I'm not Somali, innocently she asked what was I and I replied I'm Puntite"

:hillarybiz:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Of course not you are a loving Xalimoo who loves her fellow qabilsmen without prejudice or bigotry

"She started speaking in afsomali to me but in a different dialect that disgusted me to be quite honest with you. I excused myself from the unwanted conversation she tried to engaged me in and said Sorry Hun I'm not Somali, innocently she asked what was I and I replied I'm Puntite"

:hillarybiz:
You don't even know the dialect. You would agree with me if you heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts