The dark continent: Zimbabwe will become a rich country in year 4700

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when Somalia and the other lala lands will get rich.

Will humans even be alive by then? Maybe we will be extinct before Africa becomes rich and developed.

Shame.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
>disabled comments

my homie knew what was coming

but what he's saying is essentially correct. secularism is the only real method of success and landlocked countries are unilaterally fucked if they cannot work together to accomplish common goals. so most of Africa cannot succeed until its institutions are solidified and corruption is rejected. and religion needs to take a back-seat to significant industrialization. they have essential resources in large numbers, so cooperating with each other rather than infighting is probably the only way they can succeed. which is why countries like Nigeria have better outlooks. they sent their intelligent folk to Harvard and so on to siphon as much knowledge as possible. they have the institutions, they simply need to weed out the corruption now.

he kind of glosses over the impact of colonization, which i can only assume is because he's looking at this from a distinctly post 1800s perspective and looking at how things flow in a globalized economy. which is fair i suppose.

also he does acknowledge some of these countries flat out never had a real chance. landlocked regions are doomed for failure by and large.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I've seen that video. I like the fact that he involved religion, geographical, cultural and climate factors. But like @Mohamud said he glossed over colonialization which is the biggest reason for it all. Countries should organically be formed not forced with borders created by foreigners.

Apollo

VIP
I've seen that video. I like the fact that he involved religion, geographical, cultural and climate factors. But like @Mohamud said he glossed over colonialization which is the biggest reason for it all. Countries should organically be formed not forced with borders created by foreigners.

Ethiopia.
Liberia
Ethiopia.
Liberia
Ethiopia.
Liberia
Ethiopia.

Even Haiti to some extent. (on its own since 1800).

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Ethiopia.
Liberia
Ethiopia.
Liberia
Ethiopia.
Liberia
Ethiopia.

Even Haiti to some extent. (on its own since 1800).

Ethiopia is a new construct tho and they are landlocked and just like Somalia have clan structures.

Don't know much about Liberia other than that African American slaves were given to chance to resettle there and naturally were given the power.

Apollo

VIP
Ethiopia is a new construct tho and they are landlocked and just like Somalia have clan structures.

Don't know much about Liberia other than that African American slaves were given to chance to resettle there and naturally were given the power.

Borders have little to do with development potential.

Belgium and Switzerland are totally fake artificial countries, yet the people live in peace with each other.
South Sudan got its border ''corrected''.. and guess what it? It slid into more violence.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.

Belgium and Switzerland are totally fake artificial countries, yet the people live in peace with each other.
South Sudan got its border ''corrected''.. and guess what it? It slid into more violence.
You can't compare Switzerland with Ethiopia. Both are landlocked but are in different regions. Most European countries are surrounded by neighboring countries who could simultaneously took the necessary steps to reach the level of devolpement they have today.

Western Europe went through feudalism , Catholic Church, the Renaissance, enlightenment and the indiustrialisation collectively.

Most of Africa didn't even reach feudalism before they were colonized.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.

South Sudan got its border because of oil and we can make the argument South Sudan has civil war because of oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending