The culture of cold calling, cold emailing and enquiries in Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:faysalwtf:

Whats up with sales culture in Somalia? Especially in enterprise sales. I tried cold emailing and cold calling a few businesses in Somalia and it's a complete shit show.
:jcoleno:

The ones who have websites never follow up with enquiries, or they reply 40 days later and kawaal YOU with an offer instead.

I tried emailing a home developer once and they never got back to me. I sent them more follow up emails and it took them months to reply. What's up with that?

Is business to business development only done by walk-ins in Somalia? I would hate to have go door to door and canvas for a service I need.

If you had a business solution in Somalia what do you do? Approach the clan chief and have him build awareness for you instead? Do you run tv ads to get customers interested or get a journalist to bring out the politicians to cut the red ribbon for you?

The only good thing I learned is that once you find a business that can sell you something they usually treat you like gold. They will always be there for you. Other than that, business development is a complete shit show.

Last edited:
Somalis back home only work when they need to eat and only think about the present and rarely about the future.

Its the " inshallah" culture hangover we still have.

Somalis, regardless of where they are, are yet to discover what it means to be a professional. Have you never been told "hooyada wase naga aamus" at a restaurant after you have asked them why your order hasn't come yet after 30 minutes?

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
They always leave a number on their website so you call them. Your Somali has to be very good for them to take you seriously.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Somalis back home only know how to sell things.
They got no customer service,
Communication is really poor,
They’re rude,
The amount of times I went to a shop and the shop keeper is busting jokes with his friends instead of serving the customers.

Somalis back home only know how to sell things.
They got no customer service,
Communication is really poor,
They’re rude,
The amount of times I went to a shop and the shop keeper is busting jokes with his friends instead of serving the customers.

So in other words increasing the customer experience by 1% can yeild significant ROI and competitive advantage?
:rejoice:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts