The British/Italian should've given haile selassie all of somalia

I know coming from a person whose family has been destroyed by Amhara nationalists/ Tigrayan nationalists, you wouldn't think I would be saying this, but I solely believe all the problems Somalis are facing right now would've vanished. I say this to say that I wouldn't wish any harm done to my people, but there is something to be said, that the people who have the strongest identity are those who have suffered the worst the world has to offer. I have been reading a lot by one of my heroes, Theodor Herzle, who talks about how the spread of anti- semetic rhetoric is positive, as it provides the framework for social cohesion amongst the Jews. Is it wrong to say that the reason why China has the strongest ethnic nationalistism (Han) has to do with the tragic tale of invasions by different world powers from its past? You can even examine the current world as countries who have suffered greatly at the hands of soviets view Russia in the same lens as they do with the soviets. The invasion of Ukraine has strengthened the poles, Georgians and many other Baltic people has the stories told by their grandparents coming to fruition. One has to be conquered to be the conqueror, that is the story of empires, that is the story of human history. Food for thought.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I know coming from a person whose family has been destroyed by Amhara nationalists/ Tigrayan nationalists, you wouldn't think I would be saying this, but I solely believe all the problems Somalis are facing right now would've vanished. I say this to say that I wouldn't wish any harm done to my people, but there is something to be said, that the people who have the strongest identity are those who have suffered the worst the world has to offer. I have been reading a lot by one of my heroes, Theodor Herzle, who talks about how the spread of anti- semetic rhetoric is positive, as it provides the framework for social cohesion amongst the Jews. Is it wrong to say that the reason why China has the strongest ethnic nationalistism (Han) has to do with the tragic tale of invasions by different world powers from its past? You can even examine the current world as countries who have suffered greatly at the hands of soviets view Russia in the same lens as they do with the soviets. The invasion of Ukraine has strengthened the poles, Georgians and many other Baltic people has the stories told by their grandparents coming to fruition. One has to be conquered to be the conqueror, that is the story of empires, that is the story of human history. Food for thought.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

images.jpeg

Losing a quarter of a million square kilometres of Somali land (Galbeed) to Ethiopia was apparently not enough... you want all of Somalia to be annexed by Ethiopia?

:umwhat::susp:

Ethiopia would be insane to annex Somalia
I think you're not getting what im trying to say I'm implying if this scenario were to have had happen. A It will breed, a stronger more resilient people.B. it will create vessels for ethnic nationalistism to Fester destroying all the previous barriers such as qabil. C. It will bring forth revolutionary leaders who seek to unify the greater regions of Somalia
. I truly believe in that scenario Ethiopia would've have to annex the somali regions as at that time it was riddled with other ethnic nations wanting self detrimintion .

GemState

36/21
VIP
I think you're not getting what im trying to say I'm implying if this scenario were to have had happen. A It will breed, a stronger more resilient people.B. it will create vessels for ethnic nationalistism to Fester destroying all the previous barriers such as qabil. C. It will bring forth revolutionary leaders who seek to unify the greater regions of Somalia
. I truly believe in that scenario Ethiopia would've have to annex the somali regions as at that time it was riddled with other ethnic nations wanting self detrimintion .
I know, but I'm saying that would have been suicide for the Habesha. Somalis would have formed an alliance with Oromo/Afar like Fulani/Kanuri/Hausa do in Nigeria.

Only problem with your scenario is the Amhara nationalists expansion. They are very aware of the strategic importance of sea access and still butthurt about losing Eritrea and becoming landlocked. The Amhara will start an unofficial mobilization campaign they got the numbers to pull it off. Next thing you know they establish enclaves in Kismayo, Mogadishu, Barawe, Merka, Hobyo, Bosasso, Berbera etc... Under the guise of one Ethiopia and freedom of movement they will slowly but surely establish themselves on thr coast. They might even start their own settlement on the coast from scratch to avoid conflict with Somalis at the beginning, we have plenty of empty deserted land on the coast and they will have the full backing of Ethiopian government. It will take a single genration, less than 30 years for Amhara to built several 500k cities on the coast. They will start making up history and claim the land as theirs and there is nothing we could do bout it. He'll by this time they would have absorb several small Somali sub clans and covert them to Christianity/Amxarisim adding more legitimacy to their claims (as outrageous as that might be)

Somalis take their land for granted. Any ethnic group in Africa dreams to have our real-estate. Especially the ultra nationalist Amxara expansionists. They can't wait to to put their hands on our lands and force us to learn Amharaic and become "Ethiopians". They already brainwashed so many Oromos to speak Amharaic and identify with their culture. They are as many Somalis as Amhara it is truly amazing how big their numbers are and how small plot of lands they inhabit.

Last edited:

Somali Nationalism was at peak from 1969 to 1978. We did not need Amxara overlords to unite us back then. It toke a crazy president who made a series of very poor decisions to discredit Greater Somalia and push every Somali to identify with his clan. If what you said happend we would likely speaking Amharaic right now and have filthy Xabashi blood running in our veins worshipping the decendents of Haile Selassie.

Last edited:
@Nilotic

Somalis almost conquered Ethiopia back in the nineteen seventies, super powers like the Soviet Union had to come to save them from us.. As a result of this we then went into a long and hopeless civil war.. In another world/scenario Somalia would've been doing much better today.

@Nilotic

Somalis almost conquered Ethiopia back in the nineteen seventies, super powers like the Soviet Union had to come save them from us.. As a result of this we then went into a long and hopeless civil war.. In another world/scenario Somalia would've been doing much better today.

I read (forget where) that the Soviets offered Siad Barre the Galbeed in exchange for peace, however, Siad Barre wanted to push on. Is this true?

I read (forget where) that the Soviets offered Siad Barre the Galbeed in exchange for peace, however, Siad Barre wanted to push on. Is this true?
I'm not sure if this is true.. But if he turned this kinda offer down then it was totally a miscalculation and a dictator poor choice syndrome.. This is typical poor choice when you're a dictator surrounded by yes men on your advisory board.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Completely agree, somalis would have united against them and we would see the second coming of Imam Ahmed. They are the historical enemy which gives people more fire to fight. We did not unite against white colonials because they were technologically superior. Not the same with xabash.
Unfortunately the victory would have come with great cost but I would be happy.