The Baardheere Jihaad: The Forgotten Somali Jihaad Against the Geledi Sultanate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't change anything. The Gosha beat the combined forces of the Ogaden in 1890 and kept them away from the Jubba. This only confirms the Oromo on the west bank after 1830. The Boni were the only competition for the Gosha within the gol.

Clan map circa 1977:

The Gosha is in pink. The Digil are in green. The Ogaden replace the Oromo on the west bank of the Jubba well after the initial settlement of the Gosha villages.

somalia_ethnic77.jpg
Liar there was no Gosha sultanate.
And your map is not up to date at all.

Liar there was no Gosha sultanate.
And your map is not up to date at all.

As stated, the map was circa 1977.

This is how bad Wiki has gotten. Wiki Jilib:

"During the Middle Ages, Jilib and its surrounding area was part of the Sultanate of Bqor (King)Nasib Bundo that governed much of Goshaland Somalia and eastern Ethiopia, with its domain extending from Hobyo in the north, to Qelafo in the west, to Kismayo in the south of Somalia.[4]

In the early modern period, Jilib was ruled by the Sultan Nasib Bundo. The kingdom was eventually incorporated into Italian Somaliland protectorate in 1910 after the death of the last Sultan [Nasib Bundo].[5] After independence in 1960, the city was made the center of the official Jilib District."

--------------------------------------------------

The Gosha is clearly being confused with the Ajuraan territory, but what it says about Jilib and the Gosha itself is true. Nassib Bundo was recognized as Sultan by Zanzibar, the British, Italy, the Sheekhaal, the Tunni and Baraawe, and the Italians.

As stated, the map was circa 1977.

This is how bad Wiki has gotten. Wiki Jilib:

"During the Middle Ages, Jilib and its surrounding area was part of the Sultanate of Bqor (King)Nasib Bundo that governed much of Goshaland Somalia and eastern Ethiopia, with its domain extending from Hobyo in the north, to Qelafo in the west, to Kismayo in the south of Somalia.[4]

In the early modern period, Jilib was ruled by the Sultan Nasib Bundo. The kingdom was eventually incorporated into Italian Somaliland protectorate in 1910 after the death of the last Sultan [Nasib Bundo].[5] After independence in 1960, the city was made the center of the official Jilib District."

--------------------------------------------------

The Gosha is clearly being confused with the Ajuraan territory, but what it says about Jilib and the Gosha itself is true. Nassib Bundo was recognized as Sultan by Zanzibar, the British, Italy, the Sheekhaal, the Tunni and Baraawe, and the Italians.
I could give two fucks if you say a Bantu ruled Jilib. Jilib was known to have a heavy Madow presence.
And we never had a Bantu ruling us Marehans in Garbaharey

I could give two fucks if you say a Bantu ruled Jilib. Jilib was known to have a heavy Madow presence.
And we never had a Bantu ruling us Marehans in Garbaharey

Garbaharey is the capital of Gedo, settled by Marehan after 1850. The Gosha settlements centered on Jilib and Jamaame and were settled beginning about 1840. The Marehan were not part of the Ogaden coalition that was defeated by Nassib Bundo. According to a letter I received from a descendant of Olol Dinle relative to the war between the Marehan clans in the early 2000s, the Marehan were galti to the guri Ajuraan in Gedo and were discriminated against until 1912-13. The Gosha and Marehan did not interfere with each other.

From the letter:

"Rer Axmad, rer Xassan & Habar Yacquub are all Marexaan. Rer Axmad is the first branch of Marexaan that moved to Gado region. Ajuraan was dominant at that time & made the policy of other clans in that area not to marry Rer Axmad girl. Other Marexaan branches came later on to Gado to support rer Axmed who were treated like Midgaan. 1912/13 my grandfather Diriye Dinle who was the king of Ajuraan recognized the injustice that was done to rer Axmad. They were allowed to cross the river at Lug & intermarry with other noble clans."

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Marehan

"As early as 1850, the Marehan were recorded moving into Jubaland. It was recorded that:

"To the east the Somalis were once more on the move. By 1850, one of the Darod Somali groups, the Marehan crossed the Jubain force. In 1865 they went on to break the Tana Galla [sic] and by 1880 had turned on the Boran. Pagan peoples in this region were now being dominated by Muslims, and peasants by nomads from the north."[7]"

Garbaharey is the capital of Gedo, settled by Marehan after 1850. The Gosha settlements centered on Jilib and Jamaame and were settled beginning about 1840. The Marehan were not part of the Ogaden coalition that was defeated by Nassib Bundo. According to a letter I received from a descendant of Olol Dinle relative to the war between the Marehan clans in the early 2000s, the Marehan were galti to the guri Ajuraan in Gedo and were discriminated against until 1912-13. The Gosha and Marehan did not interfere with each other.

From the letter:

"Rer Axmad, rer Xassan & Habar Yacquub are all Marexaan. Rer Axmad is the first branch of Marexaan that moved to Gado region. Ajuraan was dominant at that time & made the policy of other clans in that area not to marry Rer Axmad girl. Other Marexaan branches came later on to Gado to support rer Axmed who were treated like *******. 1912/13 my grandfather Diriye Dinle who was the king of Ajuraan recognized the injustice that was done to rer Axmad. They were allowed to cross the river at Lug & intermarry with other noble clans."

"As early as 1850, the Marehan were recorded moving into Jubaland. It was recorded that:

"To the east the Somalis were once more on the move. By 1850, one of the Darod Somali groups, the Marehan crossed the Jubain force. In 1865 they went on to break the Tana Galla [sic] and by 1880 had turned on the Boran. Pagan peoples in this region were now being dominated by Muslims, and peasants by nomads from the north."[7]"
Why you lying? Your source is bullshit to say the least. Reer Axmed are part of the new Galti wave of immigrants to the south
By 1912/1913 there was no Ajuran dominance in Gedo we were fighting the colonization. Ajuran didn't rule us in Jubaland.
Stop lying.
@Factz

Why you lying? Your source is bullshit to say the least. Reer Axmed are part of the new Galti wave of immigrants to the south
By 1912/1913 there was no Ajuran dominance in Gedo we were fighting the colonization. Ajuran didn't rule us in Jubaland.
Stop lying.
@Factz

Qabyalad. 1912-13 is well after 1850. When they first arrived, the Marehan were all Galti.

:siilaanyosmile:1914. Nothing about the order of settlement or anything else you are complaining about.
The British were only concerned the Marehaan might ally with the Ogaden.
It starts from 1913 that is why it says 15 december and then says 1914 january read properly boy
Your lies were debunked

It starts from 1913 that is why it says 15 december and then says 1914 january read properly boy
Your lies were debunked

That's a seriously silly statement. Your link relates not at all to the issues you raised.

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
That's a seriously silly statement. Your link relates not at all to the issues you raised.

You really can't read can you? @nine just showed you reliable sources, nothing silly there. You're being silly with the fantasy Bantu Sultanate existing in southern Somalia, you have no credible sources where it even mentions there was such a Sultanate existing in southern Somalia.

@nine I think Grant can read well, he does not have reading comprehension. It's just he's intellectually dishonest.

You really can't read can you? @nine just showed you reliable sources, nothing silly there. You're being silly with the fantasy Bantu Sultanate existing in southern Somalia, you have no credible sources where it even mentions there was such a Sultanate existing in southern Somalia.

@nine I think Grant can read well, he does not have reading comprehension. It's just he's intellectually dishonest.
@Grant Expects us to believe his unreliable sources. The highlighted part was enough to show his source as bullshit. Not to mention the other bullshit

"Rer Axmad, rer Xassan & Habar Yacquub are all Marexaan. Rer Axmad is the first branch of Marexaan that moved to Gado region. Ajuraan was dominant at that time & made the policy of other clans in that area not to marry Rer Axmad girl. Other Marexaan branches came later on to Gado to support rer Axmed who were treated like *******. 1912/13 my grandfather Diriye Dinle who was the king of Ajuraan recognized the injustice that was done to rer Axmad. They were allowed to cross the river at Lug & intermarry with other noble clans."

@Grant Expects us to believe his unreliable sources. The highlighted part was enough to show his source as bullshit. Not to mention the other bullshit

Your link says the Marehaan raided the British after December of 1913. This is consistent with Diriye Dinle recognizing the increased strength and presence of the Marehaan in the region in 1912-13. The sources vary, but Nassib Bundo was dead and the Gosha Sultanate incorporated into directly administered Italian Somalia by about 1906. The Marehaan were clearly arriving for a long period in Gedo after the initial migration in 1850.

I will look at any other link you have for the order of the subclan settlement.

Your link says the Marehaan raided the British after December of 1913. This is consistent with Diriye Dinle recognizing the increased strength and presence of the Marehaan in the region in 1912-13. The sources vary, but Nassib Bundo was dead and the Gosha Sultanate incorporated into directly administered Italian Somalia by about 1906. The Marehaan were clearly arriving for a long period in Gedo after the initial migration in 1850.

I will look at any other link you have for the order of the subclan settlement.
You're talking out of your ass. I don't need to provide links about my own clan's movements. There was no Ajuran dominance in Gedo after we conquered it. We conquered Gedo and pushed into NFD and southern Ethiopia but the British pushed us back from NFD in the colonial era so our presence in NFD is much less than before.

You're talking out of your ass. I don't need to provide links about my own clan's movements. There was no Ajuran dominance in Gedo after we conquered it. We conquered Gedo and pushed into NFD and southern Ethiopia but the British pushed us back from NFD in the colonial era so our presence in NFD is much less than before.

I'd love to see a link for when the Marehaan conquered Gedo.

What do you think of this?

"Between the 17th and 18th centuries, the Marehan were reported to have lived in an area that extended from Bender Ziyade on the Gulf of Aden to beyond Ras el-Khail on the Indian Ocean, or much of northern Somalia.[2]Marehan are recorded as having played a significant role in Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrihim al-Ghazi's campaigns against Ethiopia during the 16th century. The commander of the Somali forces and the closest deputy of the Imam was a Marehan commander, Garad Ahmed bin Hirabu. The Marehan along with the Habar Makadi/Makadur of the Gadabuursi;[3][4][5] helped push westward the enemies into the plains of Harar and farther, helping destabilize the highland Christian empire. Evident in these battles were the Somali archers, namely the Marehan and the Gerri archers, through whom al-Ghazi was able to defeat the numerically superior Ethiopian Army that consisted of 16,000 cavalry and more than 200,000 infantry.[6]

As early as 1850, the Marehan were recorded moving into Jubaland. It was recorded that:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is entirely consistent with Diriye Dinle's information. All the Marehaan were not immediately present in Gedo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts