The 18 pre-civil war regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
somalia-regions-map.gif

I have noticed some people online have a strange attachment to them even though these awkward partitions have led to a lot of bloodshed. I believe Siyaad Barre drew these lines in such a way to cause conflict between clans. Nowhere is this conflict more fierce than in Mudug. The 18 regions must be thrown out and replaced by regions that reflect the clans that live there like Nugaal and Bari already do.

Actually he had nothing to do with grouping mudug if anything mudug and galgaduud were 1 region before cut them in 2
Alot of the region's borders didn't change he just cut them into smaller pieces

The 18 regions must be thrown out and replaced by regions that reflect the clans that live there like Nugaal and Bari already do.

How about No :camby:

MSB must be congratulated for creating 18 provinces from the 8 created by the Italian rats.

Even the 18 need further devolution & power to be vested in counties, sub gobals for real representation.

Unless ofcourse you mean export the xenophobic ideals you say is already in Bari & Nugaal

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
How about No :camby:

MSB must be congratulated for creating 18 provinces from the 8 created by the Italian rats.

Even the 18 need further devolution & power to be vested in counties, sub gobals for real representation.

Unless ofcourse you mean export the xenophobic ideals you say is already in Bari & Nugaal
How could you possibly argue in favour of Mudug including both Majeerteen and Habr Gidr lands? Imagine if the federal member states disappeared. Do you actually think that one premier/governor can rule that region? There would need to be a pretty big xasuuq for that to work. Why do xasuuq for lines on a map when you can just change them? This is part of why we have federalism because the 18 regions are ungovernable.

The funny part about your post is that the most qabilist people come from Mudug.

How could you possibly argue in favour of Mudug including both Majeerteen and Habr Gidr lands? Imagine if the federal member states disappeared. Do you actually think that one premier/governor can rule that region? There would need to be a pretty big xasuuq for that to work. Why do xasuuq for lines on a map when you can just change them? This is part of why we have federalism because the 18 regions are ungovernable.

The funny part about your post is that the most qabilist people come from Mudug.
Are you serious? :faysalwtf:
MJs got Bari + Nugaal + a chunk of Mudug and you complaining :ileycry:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Your map is wrong saxib. Faafaxdhuun is in Gedo not J/Dhexe like the map says. Gedo and J/Hoose have a border.

@AarLibaax
Sorry, is this one better?
somalimap.jpg

Are you serious? :faysalwtf:
MJs got Bari + Nugaal + a chunk of Mudug and you complaining :ileycry:
I'm not asking for more land. I am complaining about having to share a region with an enemy clan. If it weren't for this stupid line on the map and the two region requirement to become a federal member state, we wouldn't have HG claiming North Mudug (Majeerteen land) in their constitution.

It would help in diffusing the animosity. We have nothing to do with each other and should never have been put together in one region.

Why xaasuuq, why dagaal, why this unhealthy xenophic believes you hold.

Some of our Bravest & most influential men hail from Mudug whether they where Hawiye or Darod. Mudug is a mentality sxb

Sxb drop the crap of Federal states of having showcased any resememblance of Governance.

4 out 5 are bankrupt and hardly Govern any significant territory

1 is in open collusion with a foreign government and alledged ties to terrorists.

1 mints his own banknotes and is engaged in open tribal warfare

1 has his office in Xamar while the states he should be governing are the worst off in the whole of Somalia

the other 2 unfortunately have every armed dick & tom from Shabab to fake SNA soldiers making their states practically ungoverned.

But ur right, we should go back to Xasuuq days, I guess your parents havent told you how yall got burned in '91

Careful what you wish for

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

Some of our Bravest & most influential men hail from Mudug whether they where Hawiye or Darod. Mudug is a mentality sxb

Sxb drop the crap of Federal states of having showcased any resememblance of Governance.

1 is in open collusion with a foreign government and alledged ties to terrorists.

1 has his office in Xamar while the states he should be governing are the worst off in the whole of Somalia

the other 2 unfortunately have every armed dick & tom from Shabab to fake SNA soldiers making their states practically ungoverned.

But ur right, we should go back to Xasuuq days, I guess your parents havent told you how yall got burned in '91

I don't know why you're getting so defensive at the idea of Mudug being split into two. I never said I wanted xasuuq. If you actually read what I wrote you would know that it is the opposite. I know what happened in 1991 and that's why I know there's no way that we can be in a region with people who can go into communal violence machete mode at the snap of a finger.

The fact that Mudug isn't completely occupied by Hawiye already reactivated their xasuuq gene. They would have wiped us out already if they were able to. God knows they've tried repeatedly over the years.

You can bash federalism as much as you like but all that matters are the facts on the ground. One look at regions that either have no federal member state or only got one within the last few years will show you how bad things can get. It's no coincidence that the best and most peaceful regions of the country are solely governed by the people who actually live there.

But that's besides the point. Let's say the federal member states all disappeared tomorrow and we went back to the 18 regions. Walk me through how you would appoint a single person to govern Mudug.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
18 provinces for 18 major cities. I see no issue or do you want every clan village to be a region?

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Splitting Mudug in two is the only solution that can be avoided of a bloodshed. HG and MJ will never coexist peacefully unless the wh2us are the subjects and fully accept MJ authority.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Splitting Mudug in two is the only solution that can be avoided of a bloodshed. HG and MJ will never coexist peacefully unless the wh2us are the subjects and fully accept MJ authority.
If that happens will Puntland expand to kismayo to Zeila someday? :faysalwtf:

Lol the threats? You killed innocent people in Xamar and look at it now sxb, you tried to get back your precious north mudug but failed everytime keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts