Terms of Surrender: Shabaab founder and vice president lists his demands to lay arms against the gov

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site[1] is in Somali and heavy with ads, so here is my translation:

1) I must be afforded the freedom of movement anywhere within Somalia, upon my surrender.

2) I must not be handed over to any foreign intelligence agency, inside and outside of Somalia.

3) I must not be interviewed, or asked about my past (he doesn't specify interviewed by whom? Media? Intelligence?)

4) My soldiers must not be treated or managed differently, and must be absorbed into the fold of the Somali national security apparatus. Their past loyalty to me must not haunt them.

5) I must not be asked to cooperate either in politics or security.

Mukhtaar believes in a national state that unites the Somali people, but he is against anything that could oppose Islam.

Yeah, seems like someone who wants to break away from al-Shabaab's bullshit, and go on to lead a normal life, without selling out his principles (as shitty as they maybe.)

He's on the run from al-Shabaab with a force of 400.

What do you make of this?

Personally I don't think he is in a position to make those demands. Shabaab wants him dead, best he can hope is come to the right side and cooperate fully. I want him filming PSAs denouncing terrorism. The dude murdered so many people!

[1] http://hiiraanka.net/xog-dowlada-so...ameeyneeysa-shmukhtaar-roobow-farmaajo-oo-ka/

Gov should agree to the terms but place him on watch, once AS gets defeated all these bastards need to be rounded up and executed. They are a living walking plague.

As for his goons, they should be inducted on the frontlines against AS. Once they serve their purpose, they should be secretly executed in an "accident". Preferably an explosion.:dabcasar:

This dude only became disillusioned with Shabaab because they didn't give a rats ass about his low caste raxanwayn soldiers. He still has Shabaab ideology, it's even clear from these demands. This is obviously not a remorseful person. He needs to be waterboarded in Gitmo for a few decades, or Farmaajo should just let Shabaab finish him off as they're already planning to do. He has no influence over them any longer anyway. What's the benefit of protecting him?

How the hell can 400 people cause so much problem? No ex terrorist should be absorbed into the national army. Give them immunity tho because no alshbabab means no fucking amisom.

The govt. should agree to these terms and then royally f*ck them to oblivion.
There are thousands more in the jungles. Fucking these guys over would send a signal that the gov can't be trusted. Give them immunity and put surveillance on them. That should inspire the rest to come out of he jungles and surrender:

VixR

Veritas
There are thousands more in the jungles. Fucking these guys over would send a signal that the gov can't be trusted. Give them immunity and put surveillance on them. That should inspire the rest to come out of he jungles and surrender:
We're dealing in hypotheticals. They're (govt) too weak to be effective anyway, but no man deserves to walk free from the havoc and destruction they wrought. That's a weak and pathetic stance.

Odeg

Gedo
Whats certain is that Somalia cannot rely on AMISOM soldiers much longer for their security. They rape and kill civilians while they are getting fat checks from EU. The Somali gov needs to explore all options to come to a solution or it will not exist.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
He and his soldiers are probably chilling in Saakin's villa atm.

Also I bet this infighting in Al Shabaab isn't about ideology but instead who will take up the new Blackwater (Frontier Resource Group) contract to train more terrorist.

Gov should agree to the terms but place him on watch, once AS gets defeated all these bastards need to be rounded up and executed. They are a living walking plague.

As for his goons, they should be inducted on the frontlines against AS. Once they serve their purpose, they should be secretly executed in an "accident". Preferably an explosion.:dabcasar:

So basically let him live the celeb life a
and gon be making life story documentaries.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
Reasonable demands.

No matter how much you hate Al-Shabaab, it is classic case of one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

You can never eliminate an ideology, you can only divert people from it. The only way to do this, is to have whoever leading the ideology to lay down his arms and integrate himself and his army into the society.

Screwing him after agreeing to his demands will discourage other al-shabaab fighters from thinking about laying down their arms

Best option is to let Al Shabab kill him to create even more disunity but not be public about being against him so cannon fodder soldiers can surrender on their own whenever they choose to. Most are doing this for a paycheck or were kidnapped.

I would anonymously tip them off of his location.

This guy is very high ranking and has brainwashed thousands and has killed countless. He's best dead.

Bohol

VIP
Best option is to let Al Shabab kill him to create even more disunity but not be public about being against him so cannon fodder soldiers can surrender on their own whenever they choose to. Most are doing this for a paycheck or were kidnapped.

I would anonymously tip them off of his location.

This guy is very high ranking and has brainwashed thousands and has killed countless. He's best dead.

Or assassinate him in the wild with a drone then claim Al shabab did it to create confusion and mistrust among them.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
:jcoleno:AS is full of Swahili speaking Bantus, I have seen their propaganda video singing and marching in Swahili. AS is an exact copy of AMISOM and AU.

Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.