Teen Vogue: Faarrow's "Chasing Highs" Music Video Is So Gorgeous and So Inspirational

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

"Initially, we were called into the studio to write a song for Rihanna," explains Siham Hashi, one half of the duo Faarrow with her sister, Iman, of their single "Chasing Highs." "Our producer and co-writer Elijah Kelley had the idea; we were writing lyrics about someone going to extreme measures just to feel alive and the three of us were all coming from different perspectives. Some of us were speaking in terms of a relationship and others about fulfilling our dreams." The end result was one of the six songs from their July EP, Lost, and features the kind of swells and riffs that will instantly grab your attention.

Of course, when it came time to film the music video — which Teen Vogue is premiering today — playing off the theme of highs and lows was a natural fit. The gorgeous landscapes, which range from Yosemite to a skyscraper-filled cityscape, juxtapose one another to spectacular result. "Going to these extreme heights and standing at the edge of a tall building — all those moments felt like we were 'chasing highs,'" explains Iman.

She adds that the meaning of the song is a lesson that will resonate with anyone: "On the journey to finding yourself and growing into the person you want to be, sometimes you're chasing so many highs trying to fill a void, whether it's a person or a goal. For all three of us, it was something we were all feeling: not knowing what's next but still passionately chasing our dreams; not having what we want and sometimes doing extreme things to feel something."

Of course, those highs aren't without the risk — something the sisters experienced while filming the video. "Yosemite made me conquer my fear of heights," Siham explains. "I was dancing on the edge of the cliff and suddenly I was completely fearless. Iman definitely took all my fear because every time the director yelled 'Cut!' she was yelling at me to step away from the cliff."

The sisters, who were born in Somalia but relocated to Canada as refugees, are already working on Faarrow's first full-length album. If their EP is any indication, the tracks will propel you to chase not just your highs, but your dreams, too. That's by design. "I hope anyone who hears our music feels like they can conquer the world, because I do," says Siham.

Iman echoes the sentiment, saying, "I hope people have a sense of freedom where they're letting go of the past, not giving a f*ck, and doing them."

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/faarrow-chasing-highs-music-video-interview

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
To my muslimahs, wallahi I'm not mocking, the music industry is very satanic, just clock how they got these girls dressed scantily clad, wallahi if you have any self respect & you're a Muslim then don't enterrtain this buffoonery. Your body, dignity, honor is worth more than some piece of paper, we should shun & ostracize them.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Wakhtigii dhamaa ! They being at it for the past 17 years. Can't imagine how many madoows took advantage of them.

This music video looks like it's being ripped off from a 1990s music video. Even their looks is from the 90s.

They chasing an unattainable dream.

None of their videos over the past 10 years has surpassed the 200k viewers on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts