Tech people come in

So im in school for computer science. Im in a kind of introductory course( its prerequisites were intro to java and basic programming skills). I didn't do well on my first quiz, now I'm contemplating. I don't know if I want to continue this major because the only reason i wanted to major in cs was to be in cybersecurity which requires a little bit of programming which im fine with but the entire cs program at school is basically based on software engineering which i don't want to do. Basically the only 2 things i feel like i like from cs is cybersecurity or web development. I don't want to do extensive programming i feel like it overwhelms me. anyways, idk what i should do, because i certainly want to do a career in tech. I know there's a bunch of you software nerds on here, somebody please give me advice

So im in school for computer science. Im in a kind of introductory course( its prerequisites were intro to java and basic programming skills). I didn't do well on my first quiz, now I'm contemplating. I don't know if I want to continue this major because the only reason i wanted to major in cs was to be in cybersecurity which requires a little bit of programming which im fine with but the entire cs program at school is basically based on software engineering which i don't want to do. Basically the only 2 things i feel like i like from cs is cybersecurity or web development. I don't want to do extensive programming i feel like it overwhelms me. anyways, idk what i should do, because i certainly want to do a career in tech. I know there's a bunch of you software nerds on here, somebody please give me advice

Also majoring in computer science. The entire field is more theoretical and requires a lot of math, over the upcoming years you'll be focusing on primarily discrete mathematics and algorithms in addition to programming. If you want to go the cybersecurity route you can learn a lot of that stuff on your own, but I would recommend to stick with the program because a lot of those skills would be helpful.

Also majoring in computer science. The entire field is more theoretical and requires a lot of math, over the upcoming years you'll be focusing on primarily discrete mathematics and algorithms in addition to programming. If you want to go the cybersecurity route you can learn a lot of that stuff on your own, but I would recommend to stick with the program because a lot of those skills would be helpful.
idk i might stick to it but i think i have to drop the class i was talking about bc i don't want to ruin my gpa and im taking a lot of classes as well, i might take it next semester or major in a related subject...idk
london guy GIF

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Outside of college you won't have the time to sit down for countless of hours to learn about the fundamentals they teach in cs.

Is this knowledge that's going to make it easier for you to understand how these systems are built and more importantly why.

If you decide to teach yourself then you'll just learn the surface knowledge... In other words applied knowledge of some tool.

These tend to have a short life and you won't be able to adapt as fast without a strong foundation in CS.

Trending