Suspect that shot and robbed a 76 year old Ayeeyo released on bail

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Halima-Farah.jpg

Halima Farah (credit: CBS)

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 76-year-old Minneapolis woman who survived being shot and brutally beaten is sharing her story of survival.

Halima Farah fought back to survive after an attack two weeks ago.

Minnesota is where many natives of Somalia come to find refuge. But for Farah, her sense of peace is shattered.

“All of this has kind of terrorized me, and kind of like I’m fearful. I don’t know what to do,” Farah said through a translator.

The disruption started at about noon on the first Saturday of 2021. Farah took a bus to get a money order to pay her $900 rent. A young woman followed her to her door

“I pull out my key … and she is standing next to me,” Farah said.

Police say 21-year-old De’Seanna Williams was standing at her door, which is where things got ugly.

“I told her get out of my way, leave me alone … she pulled a pistol and point to me. When I saw the gun, and I start [to feel scared]. My life was in danger. She just pushed me and she fired the gun and hit me on the hip. I lost control … lost my navigation and she fired another bullet, hit me in the butt, on the side,” Farah said. “She grabbed my purse and my hijab and [dragged] me and ran away with that, and I see the blood in my face, all over in my back and all over … pool of blood.”

Minneapolis police say Williams confessed to attacking and robbing Farah. She is now free on bail. As much pain as Farah is in, she says Williams’s freedom is what hurts the most.

DeSeanna-Williams.jpg

De’Seanna Williams (credit: Hennepin Co. Jail)

“Do we have a justice here in this country?” Farah said. “This person … she’s out there, there is nothing we can do.”

Farah says she’s deeply grateful for the police officers, doctors and nurses who’ve helped her stay strong, as this fighter of a woman seeks peace once again.

“It’s God’s will,” Farah said. “Everything’s gonna be OK.”

Williams is expected in court on Feb. 2. Farah says until then, she is staying inside because she is still so scared.

Investigators believe Williams has targeted other Somali victims. She faces assault and robbery charges. They’re also investigating her in a handful of other cases.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Who is able to pay the bail? 100k is not a small money, maybe and org?

I can't imagine that ayeeyo feeling knowing that that criminal is free in her neighbourhood.

And what kind of shitty justice systems they have in the US?.

MN Somalis should do a research on those who bailed her out

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
We need to keep her safe there is a huge Somali population especially somali adult men there that should protect her inshallah she will be safe I will pray for her

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
But... But... Black Lives Matter?????

May Allah protect all our elderly. Amen.

In the first 20 seconds in the video:
Da’Seanna Williams has been targeting the Somali community”

This b!tch is a xenophobic racist thug with no remorse and she took advantage and shot a defenseless ayeeyo just because she wanted to. I hope she rots in prison for many years. Sorry I normally don’t swear but this ticked me off 😡
None of black media outlets that my mum listens to has reported on this story.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Ur sick... do u know how many times ive been called an nword... u probably in mn with all somalis n the few cadans u see u think r nice look how they ridiculed ilhan omar.. i live in louisiana which is mostly cadan state i have seen how mean nasty and evil they r... i dealt with emotional stress from being racially abused at work n i wasnt in a position to move out of the area i was in. At the end of the day they see me as black n will see u as black too
if you think every cadaan is racist you'll probably attract racists, same as if one think all blacks are thugs they'll probably atract ciyaal suuq thugs cus people can read your body language or non verbal clues that you show subconsciously so :whoa:

if you think every cadaan is racist you'll probably attract racists, same as if one think all blacks are thugs they'll probably atract ciyaal suuq thugs cus people can read your body language or non verbal clues that you show subconsciously so :whoa:
Cadaan booty clapper. I treat whites like dogs, but I'm smart enough to know they see me and any other black person as criminals. Treating madows badly, when you need go mark "Black/African American" on the census is retarded.

Trending