Surah Al-Baqarah, Ayah 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment."

Allah set a seal on my heart preventing me from believing. Allah will punish me for not believing. Allah is punishing me for something he did.

@MuslimManMe @Do-I-Look-Somali @Active asylum

"Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment."

Allah set a seal on my heart preventing me from believing. Allah will punish me for not believing. Allah is punishing me for something he did.

(Sahih International)
Indeed, all things We created with predestination.

-Sura Al-Qamar, Ayah 49

And Our command is but one, like a glance of the eye.

-Sura Al-Qamar, Ayah 50

(Sahih International)
Indeed, this is a reminder, so he who wills may take to his Lord a way.

-Sura Al-Insan, Ayah 29

And you do not will except that Allah wills. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

-Sura Al-Insan, Ayah 30

(Sahih International)
Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are the deaf and dumb who do not use reason.

-Sura Al-Anfal, Ayah 22

(Sahih International)
Had Allah known any good in them, He would have made them hear. And if He had made them hear, they would [still] have turned away, while they were refusing.

-Sura Al-Anfal, Ayah 23

(Sahih International)
And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment."

-Sura Ibrahim, Ayah 22

(Sahih International)
And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment."

-Sura Ibrahim, Ayah 22
More please. I'm still looking for an answer.

More please. I'm still looking for an answer.
(Sahih International)
And if We had willed, we could have elevated him thereby, but he adhered [instead] to the earth and followed his own desire. So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs. So relate the stories that perhaps they will give thought.

-Sura Al-A'raf, Ayah 176

(Sahih International)
And if We had willed, we could have elevated him thereby, but he adhered [instead] to the earth and followed his own desire. So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs. So relate the stories that perhaps they will give thought.

-Sura Al-A'raf, Ayah 176
Have you ever felt your iman slipping away from you?

(Sahih International)
[The hypocrites are] like the example of Satan when he says to man, "Disbelieve." But when he disbelieves, he says, "Indeed, I am disassociated from you. Indeed, I fear Allah, Lord of the worlds."

-Sura Al-Hashr, Ayah 16
(Sahih International)
So the outcome for both of them is that they will be in the Fire, abiding eternally therein. And that is the recompense of the wrong-doers.

-Sura Al-Hashr, Ayah 17

Do-I-Look-Somali

Make me some Cambulo tonight.
Yes. Many times. My man over here gave you answers straight from the source. The devils are always whispering into your ear, and are always filling you doubts, and temptations. Praying Salah, and making Dua, and asking Allah to fill you with knowledge will prevent that.

1. God sealing of the heart is the direct outcome of the volitional conduct of the human being.

2. As the sealing of the heart is part of the cosmic scheme of Divine destiny and decree, it is attributed to God

3. The human being whose heart has been tainted by the dross of sin can add to his spiritual contamination by repeating the past mistakes. It should be noted that this perpetuation of sin is on his own accord.

4. Although it is very difficult for the sinful human being whose heart is covered with the dross of sin to return to the path of righteousness and is very unlikely, it is not impossible. He can choose with a firm resolution to embark on purging his heart of the darkness of sin.

In other words, if the soul and heart of the unbeliever and hypocrite become sealed and dark and debased such that no bright space remains, he is, to employ the words of the Quran, finished and there is no hope of his redemption. He has intentionally removed himself from the path of guidance and light and thus has shut the door of repentance on himself.

http://islamicresponse.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/why-does-allah-seal-hearts.html

Status
Not open for further replies.