Sudani afternoon jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
the rattlesnake like tapping
That interrupts every so often :it0tdo8:

I've noticed sudanese guys lose their composure when this gentleman is performing lol

Last edited:
I prefer popular music to folk music. I was always a fan of Sudanese music, Mohamed Wardi and man other legends were pioneers for many African cultures.

But a new star is taking the limelight, Nancy Agag who represents new age music in Sudan:

no we not arabised like sudan. they speak arabic,dress arab,dance arab. they the AAs of africa in terms of cultural domination. they been under arab influence(egypt) longer than any african country been under a foreign entity.
Its true that the vast majority are arabised nubians,but, speak for yourself because I am a banu hashim ahlu bayt

Last edited:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I prefer popular music to folk music. I was always a fan of Sudanese music, Mohamed Wardi and man other legends were pioneers for many African cultures.

But a new star is taking the limelight, Nancy Agag who represents new age music in Sudan:

Kkkkkkkkk @كوش

That's a very traditional rhythm, it's popular in the countryside

no we not arabised like sudan. they speak arabic,dress arab,dance arab. they the AAs of africa in terms of cultural domination. they been under arab influence(egypt) longer than any african country been under a foreign entity.
The dances and culture aren't Arab. Only thing Sudan adopted from Arabic was language and religion. If anything Arabs adopted aspects of Sudanese culture like henna, eye-makeup, clothing, certain gold jewelery, etc.

Huda Arabi is one of the newer artists in the music scene

The dances and culture aren't Arab. Only thing Sudan adopted from Arabic was language and religion. If anything Arabs adopted aspects of Sudanese culture like henna, eye-makeup, clothing, certain gold jewelery, etc.

Really?

Yes, since Pharaonic times these clothing and dances existed but people give credit to Arabsss
Although the lyre was used by ancient egypt, it was also used by ancient people of the middleast in general. And henna was also in general use in the middle east as well.
Ancient-Egyptian-music-music-in-Egyptian-civilization.jpg

The thawb is exclusive to the arabian coast of the red sea where the kilt was popular on the pharaonic coast

Last edited:
Although the lyre was used by ancient egypt, it was also used by ancient people of the middleast in general. And henna was also in general use in the middle east as well.
View attachment 72150
The thawb is exclusive to the arabian coast of the red sea where the kilt was popular on the pharaonic coast
Ofc it t was used in the ME but the origin of henna is the border region of Sudan and Egypt. Ideas spread.

The male thawb could've originated on either side of the red sea but the female one (which inspired many Asian and African attires, including Somalia) originated in Sudan.
Photo-16-07-2017-22-10-16.jpg

@Asaana

Are you Arab or Somali who was raised in the Arab countries?

sudan is totally an arabic country in every aspect but they black thou. Arabised,, the longest transformation any african country went thru, and thats cos of egypt near by.

Status
Not open for further replies.