Sudan Coptic genetics?

Garaad diinle

 
Copts aren't as pure as i thought they would've been. Haplogroup b and r1b came from sudan meaning they must've assimilated native sudanese into their population. Almost 50% of their population belong to the j1 and j2 haplogroup which surprised me. I don't know how prevalent these two haplogroup were in egypt and sudan but almost 50% doesn't sound right.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Copts aren't as pure as i thought they would've been. Haplogroup b and r1b came from sudan meaning they must've assimilated native sudanese into their population. Almost 50% of their population belong to the j1 and j2 haplogroup which surprised me. I don't know how prevalent these two haplogroup were in egypt and sudan but almost 50% doesn't sound right.

It's fairly common though I don't recall it being that common. I knew a Copt guy from a few years ago who kept track and told me clearly that E-M35, particularly M78, lineages were the most dominant but yeah, Semites left a big mark on Egypt since the Hyksos by the looks of it and even before that there were seemingly clear Bronze to Copper age migrations from the Levant that probably did carry J1/J2.

It's fairly common though I don't recall it being that common. I knew a Copt guy from a few years ago who kept track and told me clearly that E-M35, particularly M78, lineages were the most dominant but yeah, Semites left a big mark on Egypt since the Hyksos by the looks of it and even before that there were seemingly clear Bronze to Copper age migrations from the Levant that probably did carry J1/J2.
Ain’t J2 amerian, Turks, Greeks etc ?
Was J2 common in Bronze Age palastine+Egypt

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Ain’t J2 amerian, Turks, Greeks etc ?
Was J2 common in Bronze Age palastine+Egypt

Early on J1 and J2 seemed to have been pretty common together among Semites. If I'm not mistaken, the Bronze-Age Jordanian samples we have which were most likely early Semites showed both markers. Arabs just seem to have founder-effected hard for J1 but even then it's mainly Peninsular Arabs. You find a good chunk of J2 among Jews and Shami Arabs and it occurs in the Peninsula as well even if less so.

Last edited:
Early on J1 and J2 seemed to have been pretty common together among Semites. If I'm not mistaken, the Bronze-Age Jordanian samples we have which were most likely early Semites showed both markers. Arabs just seem to have founder-effected hard for J1 but even then it's mainly Peninsular Arabs. You find a good chunk of J2 among Jews and Shami Arabs and it occurs in the Peninsula as well even if less so.
Does those Jews and shami Arabs (who have J2 )prove ain’t Semitic people ?
I thought J1 was only Semitic while J2 was Greeks armeanen etc
But again it make sense for leveant to have J2 cuz they’ve lived with Semitic ethics and even moved to their lands

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Does those Jews and shami Arabs (who have J2 )prove ain’t Semitic people ?
I thought J1 was only Semitic while J2 was Greeks armeanen etc
But again it make sense for leveant to have J2 cuz they’ve lived with Semitic ethics and even moved to their lands

No, it seems J2 was an early Semitic marker like J1. It just became far less successful. It appears among Bronze-Age (Semitic) Jordanian samples, for example, alongside J1.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Only Sudanese Copts, the Egyptian ones don't intermix, Sudanese coptic means those who belong to the church, while the egyptian one, is more like an ethnic term.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Only Sudanese Copts, the Egyptian ones don't intermix, Sudanese coptic means those who belong to the church, while the egyptian one, is more like an ethnic term.

Sudanese Copts are, as far as I remember, purely Egyptian Copt migrants from Egypt from within the last 200 or so years. There are not really native Sudanese Copts, if I'm not mistaken. As in no Ja'ali, Shaiqiya or Nubian is a Coptic Christian.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Sudanese Copts are, as far as I remember, purely Egyptian Copt migrants from Egypt from within the last 200 or so years. There are not really native Sudanese Copts, if I'm not mistaken. As in no Ja'ali, Shaiqiya or Nubian is a Coptic Christian.
There copts became more like Assyrians in Syria, a group of people belonging to a sect of religion. Their dna shows that.