Student Is ‘DISOWNED’ By His Mother After He Posts IG Pics With His Face MADE UP LIKE TAMAR BRAXTON

Status
Not open for further replies.
TamarBraxton_Doneup.png

An 18-year-old Morehouse College student named Jauan Durbin is gaining national attention – after he posted online a text message conversation that he had with his mother after he posted pics of himself wearing makeup on Instagram.

Here is how his mom responded to the pics:

C-COG4CW0AEkUFS.jpg

Jauan spoke with the website MIC.com and he basically said that his mom “disowned” him. Here is what they are reporting:

Since his mother first discovered the viral tweet, he and his mother, who he’s described as having a rigid sense of gender norms, have not communicated.

Durbin has words for those who feel he should have kept this a private matter: “First of all, you’re not in my shoes,” he said. “I’m sorry that you feel that way but I’ve empowered way more people through my actions of posting that.”

He’s not being hyperbolic. According to Durbin, he has over 200 messages piling up on Twitter of strangers thanking him for being strong, not only for himself but for them.

The outpouring of support, he said, is like a “low-key band-aid” on what he describes as metaphorical “cuts and bruises” from the harsher words some have lobbed at him.

I read about this. He's very brave.

I nominate him for the 2017 AbdiJohnson's Hero Award. I will make a thread in the end of 2017 so members can vote on many nominees, which includes Jordan B Peterson, Donald Trump and Caitlyn Jenner.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I read about this. He's very brave.

I nominate him for the 2017 AbdiJohnson's Hero Award. I will make a thread in the end of 2017 so members can vote on many nominees, which includes Jordan B Peterson, Donald Trump and Caitlyn Jenner.
What about actual heroes that have saved lives :farole:
Are they not eligible for your prestigious Hero Award :mugshotman:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Imagine raising a kid for 20+ years and he turns out to be a massive :icon lol:

I literally wouldn't know what to do wallahi.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Pick up a dictionary.

Trump saved many Syrian children from gas attacks. You don't think that's heroic?
A hero is defined as someone who is admired for their outstanding courage or bravery.
A definition like this is incredibly subjective. Since this is your "Hero Award" we're talking about, decide who a hero is.
The point of my comment was to highlight the fact that you get all sorts of types of heroes, not just ones that make personal decisions that lead to them getting disowned. Personally, I think this guy just posted the image online and didn't factor in the fact that his mother would see the image. Nothing heroic about that.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
A real mother, watch them call her mentally ill, uneducated, stupid etc...

The norms have been changed to abnormalities, and the abnormal is now the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending