Struggling with modesty

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
I don’t wear hijab but I wouldnt say I dress immodestly. Ever since i reverted back I threw away all of my shorts (having to go back to wearing just pants was hard, i hate the feeling of having my legs covered for some reason). I didn’t really wear crop tops but i have a few low cut tops I sometimes wore. It feels good to know that i am slow getting to where i am supposed to be in terms of modesty. But i feel like i am kind of compromising myself. Do y’all have tips on dressing modestly whilst still aint a sense of self?

Last edited:
It helps to do things out of love for Allah. Imagine Allah is watching you and pray that Allah makes it easy for you. This is part of this dunya's test, but you can do it.
It also helps to think about not feeding the male gaze. It's actually a womanist thing to cover your body and only reveal it for yourself and deserving people.

Last edited:

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
It helps to do things out of love for Allah. Imagine Allah is watching you and pray that Allah makes it easy for you. This is part of this dunya's test, but you can do it.
It also helps to think about not feeding the male gaze. Iit's actually a womanist thing to cover your body and only reveal it for yourself and deserving people.
I know dressing modestly is empowerment to women, however with the rise of hijabi 🌽 I fear I might be subjected to more s*xualization. I have a cousin in london, who started wearing jilbabs, and she said to me that she surprisingly got more attention now than when she just wore hijab with pants. I know modesty is for Allah, however I used to dress really androgynous so men rarely ever approached me. Now that i plan on dressing more feminine (so I am not imitating men), I feel like I am losing what made me feel secure.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Go talk to Allah. wtf we suppose to do about your immodesty and gaal wanna be dressing style?
Lol i just wanted advice from fellow muslim women, who know what it feel like to struggle with modesty. If you were so mad about my thread you didn’t have to comment lmao. Besides this is the WOMEN’s den. Unless you think your microp*nis counts as a cl*t, keep your opinions to yourself.

Lol i just wanted advice from fellow muslim women, who know what it feel like to struggle with modesty. If you were so mad about my thread you didn’t have to comment lmao. Besides this is the WOMEN’s den. Unless you think your microp*nis counts as a cl*t, keep your opinions to yourself.
didn't even read this was the women's section but here I am with my microGu.s:fittytousand:

serious talk, you are a grown woman and you're telling us you cant help yourself but be naked, i mean wtf is that? naa dhar xidho.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
didn't even read this was the women's section but here I am with my microGu.s:fittytousand:

serious talk, you are a grown woman and you're telling us you cant help yourself but be naked, i mean wtf is that? naa dhar xidho.
Lol u haven’t even seen the way i dress. I may have not been too modest a couple months back but I was able to tone it down now. Besides if you read closely you would have seen that I said I used to dress androgynously meaning I didn’t wear tight clothes. The shorts I wore weren’t booty shorts lol. And what is wrong with like to dress a certain way? I certainly wasn’t naked. I like to feel good about myself occasionally.

I know modesty is for Allah, however I used to dress really androgynous so men rarely ever approached me. Now that i plan on dressing more feminine (so I am not imitating men), I feel like I am losing what made me feel secure.
I’ve noticed a lot of younger hijabis dress in cargo pants and hoodies from online. Dressing androgynous is regular fashion - I wouldn’t say it’s imitating men. If you don’t have a feminine style then it’s okay. Try wearing loose pants and high cut tops. Start there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
I’ve noticed a lot of younger hijabis dress in cargo pants and hoodies from online. Dressing androgynous is regular fashion - I wouldn’t say it’s imitating men. If you don’t have a feminine style then it’s okay. Try wearing loose pants and high cut tops. Start there.

iskufilann

inactive.
I don’t wear hijab but I wouldnt say I dress immodestly. Ever since i reverted back I threw away all of my shorts (having to go back to wearing just pants was hard, i hate the feeling of having my legs covered for some reason). I didn’t really wear crop tops but i have a few low cut tops I sometimes wore. It feels good to know that i am slow getting to where i am supposed to be in terms of modesty. But i feel like i am kind of compromising myself. Do y’all have tips on dressing modestly whilst still aint a sense of self?
The hijab situation is okay sis! Try wearing it and wearing trousers with a shirt is okay!! That is what I wear all the time just make sure it's not fitted and instead baggy

Do you get your sense of self from how you dress? Are your legs one of your best features? Is that why you like to have them uncovered? Not judging you btw just trying to understand your perspective more.

Never been in your shoes with dressing modestly but I empathize with you, abaayo. I remind myself that my beauty isn’t for everyone. I like having control over who gets to see it. Please make a lot of dua about it while taking steps to your goal. May Allah make it easier for you.
I know dressing modestly is empowerment to women, however with the rise of hijabi 🌽 I fear I might be subjected to more s*xualization. I have a cousin in london, who started wearing jilbabs, and she said to me that she surprisingly got more attention now than when she just wore hijab with pants. I know modesty is for Allah, however I used to dress really androgynous so men rarely ever approached me. Now that i plan on dressing more feminine (so I am not imitating men), I feel like I am losing what made me feel secure.
There will always be sick weirdos out there with a fascination with Muslim women. It’s hard to do (at first) but you have to learn to ignore the unwanted attention. I get special treatment sometimes from men that I feel want something but I act oblivious to it while maintaining boundaries with them. We shouldn’t let them and their sickness stop us from dressing to please Allah in public. But I still get treated with respect by many of them. They see how I’m dressed and carry myself so they behave accordingly around me. That’s a perk.

Did you feel more secure because you felt men wouldn’t mess with you if you dressed androgynously ?

Last edited:

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Do you get your sense of self from how you dress? Are your legs one of your best features? Is that why you like to have them uncovered? Not judging you btw just trying to understand your perspective more.

Never been in your shoes with dressing modestly but I empathize with you, abaayo. I remind myself that my beauty isn’t for everyone. I like having control over who gets to see it. Please make a lot of dua about it while taking steps to your goal. May Allah make it easier for you.

There will always be sick weirdos out there with a fascination with Muslim women. It’s hard to do (at first) but you have to learn to ignore the unwanted attention. We shouldn’t let them and their sickness stop us from dressing to please Allah in public.

Did you feel more secure because you felt men wouldn’t mess with you if you dressed androgynously ?
I used to do alot of sports in my teens(been trying to get back into it)so i wore shorts often i love the feeling of the wind on my legs. I used to be quite expressive with the way I dress not anymore tho. Alx it has gotten better however I sometimes look back at my old self & think of how much i have given up. As for my dress style men rarely approached me since I looked masculine. It’s the reason why I love androgynous dress style.

Trending