Stocks and Investment thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Post any tips or advice you have. What does your portfolio consist of stocks, crypto, real estate index funds or others?

A bit late to this thread but I sold all my stocks on February 1st because of the coronavirus. I know we're gonna be experiencing an economic reset of the sort because of this whole ordeal and there's definitely money to be made through all of this. Before all this my portfolio consisted of: Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, Ali Baba, AMD, Amazon, Google, and Tesla. My interest is currently in oil however because we all know that Saudi and Russia can't keep this price war up for long, and after the coronavirus demand is gonna skyrocket again. Looking for an entry point and watching the news carefully for an OPEC deal as we speak.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
A bit late to this thread but I sold all my stocks on February 1st because of the coronavirus. I know we're gonna be experiencing an economic reset of the sort because of this whole ordeal and there's definitely money to be made through all of this. Before all this my portfolio consisted of: Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, Ali Baba, AMD, Amazon, Google, and Tesla. My interest is currently in oil however because we all know that Saudi and Russia can't keep this price war up for long, and after the coronavirus demand is gonna skyrocket again. Looking for an entry point and watching the news carefully for an OPEC deal as we speak.
Aside from AMD they are all expensive stocks to begin with. Were they your first purchases?

I had traded crypto in the past, but yes this was my first purchase in the stock market. I never exclusively held each of those stocks altogether at one time because I was working with about a $4000 initial investment, but I did do some day trading based on earnings reports, "buying the rumor and selling the news", and some recommendations from friends. Made about $800 in the couple weeks before COVID-19 hit in late January and I had to sell my entire portfolio so that was quite disheartening.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Moved most my portfolio to hand sanitizers and protective equipment.

Don't even trust the dollar with the treasury printing and borrowing all these trillions.

Seeing a ton of nice real estate deals around but have a feeling there'll be a worse 2nd wave coming this winter so i'm holding off from any investments.

The positions that I still have are all badly battered but I'd end up doing more damage by selling them at this point.

Lmao
Moved most my portfolio to hand sanitizers and protective equipment.

Don't even trust the dollar with the treasury printing and borrowing all these trillions.

Seeing a ton of nice real estate deals around but have a feeling there'll be a worse 2nd wave coming this winter so i'm holding off from any investments.

The positions that I still have are all badly battered but I'd end up doing more damage by selling them at this point.
Never get attached to a stock. If anything just put up a sell stop order.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Never get attached to a stock. If anything just put up a sell stop order.

I'm holding them for the long term anyways. They're the part of my retirement portfolio that I actively* manage.

I say active but 90% are passive index funds.

Betting that they'll recover by year's end. Already regained something like 50% of my losses.

Also don't want to deal with the taxes...

Lmao
I'm holding them for the long term anyways. They're the part of my retirement portfolio that I actively* manage.

Betting that they'll recover by year's end. Already regained something like 50% of my losses.

Oh yea you wouldn’t want to take anything out of your retirement portfolio if you have a high income. And by index funds, I assume your investing in an etf?

Good luck with your investments

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP

I used to hold index funds but now I just buy and reinvest dividend stocks.

I look up what companies are in a fund, and list buy each one individually needed on their rate of dividend.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I used to hold index funds but now I just buy and reinvest dividend stocks.

I look up what companies are in a fund, and list buy each one individually needed on their rate of dividend.

That seems like a lot of work/stress and companies give out dividends for a reason.

Wonder why the energy sector increased their dividends recently...

Dividends = giving out excess cash to investors because we don't know how to use it efficiently.

Can you guys make a thread, or even just post here info for people who know nothing about it and are interested in this.

Like book recommendations, or even courses, on how to get started.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
That seems like a lot of work/stress and companies give out dividends for a reason.

Wonder why the energy sector increased their dividends recently...

Dividends = giving out excess cash to investors because we don't know how to use it efficiently.

It's fun tho,

All in the process of building a sizeizeable dividend income...

Heard BP have recently increased but haven't paid out yet and Apple has paid out today

I'm on target to reach my goal of creating 7 large income streams insha'Allah

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Stocks are plummeting. Overall

If you're a broker than you need to repool the cash. So niggaz can eat!

I pussied out of a stock that just rose by over 85% in 2 days.
1589823059928.png

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Can you guys make a thread, or even just post here info for people who know nothing about it and are interested in this.

Like book recommendations, or even courses, on how to get started.

It depends on what you want to do.

Trading = Investopedia.com
Personal Finance = Reddit & YouTube

Learn how to learn and get resourceful.

I wish I knew this stuff at 10 but all I cared about then were games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending