SS, let's help this Somali brother with Multiple Sclerosis out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
6179771_1443590946.9039_r.jpg

Ibrahim Osman (also goes by Abe), is a good friend of mine. When he was 16 years old he was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. He is now 27 years old and has been in a wheelchair for the last 4 years of his life.

He never told many people of his diagnosis because he was always the one looking after others, always generous and kind; he did not want others to pity him. Behind many peoples knowledge he under went many procedures in places like Kenya and Egypt, seeking medical help.

Abe currently has the option to have a procedure done in Germany that is said to be very promising and involves chemotherapy and stem cells. He is strong and courageous and willing to participate but it costs $80,000 to do.

Ibrahim is still young and should have a long life to live. He loves his family and friends and wants to see his nieces and nephews grow up, they are the world to him. I have never met anyone else who cares so much about others, he travelled around the world to seek medical help but ended up helping others instead. He gave up his own clothes to children in poverty who needed it more than him. That is the type of person we need to keep on this Earth.

Please help Abe out today. He has a long journey ahead of him to save up for this procedure, but I would like to see him save up money much faster. Every $1 counts. Any donation would be greatly appreciated.

*Please find it in your heart to think about him and pray for him. You may also share this post and can use the hashtag: #JourneytoAbesRecovery

If you want to you can also do an email money transfer directly to Abe. This way you can still donate even if you don't have a credit card (there is a debit option), and all proceeds go directly to him. There is a small percentage for processing using this website, so this is an alternative option: abeosman@gmail.com. Thank you again for taking the time to read this and for all your love and support.

Q

Queen Carawelo

They should set up a gofundme page for him. May Allah swt help him.

Duchess

VIP
They should set up a gofundme page for him. May Allah swt help him.

They did, but it's not getting much attention because Somali websites have not picked up on it. Sahan Journal advertised that internet trolls gofundme were she was begging for $2000, but they're not helping this brother out.:childplease:

Hopefully the good people of SS can help get this story the attention it deserves.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Post his gofundme link and I hope menace posts on every site he's a member of.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I have always wondered why Chemotherapy is an option for MS when it is damaging. I have read an astounding book on this very subject. It was about a medical doctor diagnosed with the same autoimmune condition. She tried conventional treatment and it did not work for her. Her condition deteriorated and she became immobilized (confined to a wheelchair). She decided to focus on nutritional therapy and was able to reverse her condition. Although this is anecdotal, her treatment protocol shows much promise for those facing MS. Her book is called The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles. Her "integrative approach to healing chronic autoimmune conditions by a doctor, researcher, and sufferer of progressive multiple sclerosis (MS) whose TEDx talk is already a web sensation."

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
I'll spread the word to these websites Inshalah ...tell me the gofundme please

Duchess

VIP
I'll spread the word to these websites Inshalah ...tell me the gofundme please

The gofundme link is at the bottom of my post. Click on it and it will lead you to the page. Contact Sahan Journal and Hiiraan so we can get this story some attention.:qri8gs7:

S

syntax

I have always wondered why Chemotherapy is an option for MS when it is damaging.

I thought chemotherapy was good for those who have RRMS? I don't know about the process in depth but i thought it was destroying and rebuilding the immune system using blood stem cells. I didn't know it was damaging

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I thought chemotherapy was good for those who have RRMS? I don't know about the process in depth but i thought it was destroying and rebuilding the immune system using blood stem cells. I didn't know it was damaging

The study I looked at involved 24 MS patients that underwent stem cell transplant from 2006-2010. Apparently, the majority of subjects are still relapse-free years later, with 86% of patients that have not relapsed and 91% which have not experienced progression of the disease. A stem cell transplant is not without side effects or risk i.e. infection and toxicity from chemo drugs. This is also a treatment, not a cure per se. However, it does show some promise.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I hope all the best for him. I met him and never knew he was afflicted with MS. And I haven't seen him since uni, years ago. I will make my contribution.

Nabeel786

Southie pride
There is no treatment available Multiple Sclerosis, but there are some medication prescribed to reduce nerve inflammation. My friend went through this and still not improving since 1999. May Allah restore their health. Ameen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending