South Africans says they will starve if Somali shops remain closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The problem is that whenever protests happen some community members always takes out their frustrations on foreign shop owners. They never take time to think of how the rest of the people will suffer‚” said David Sibanyoni‚ a community committee representative in Ratanda‚ south of Heidelberg‚ Gauteng.

Immigrant-owned shops‚ belonging to people from Somalia‚ Bangladesh‚ China and Pakistan‚ have been closed since Monday last week after they were looted by residents protesting over poor services from the Lesedi Municipality.

“We are trying to come up with a solution… The majority of community members say they will starve if the Somali shops remain closed‚” said Sibanyoni.

Many in the Ratanda community rely on foreign-owned shops. Now they have to travel further afield. “Travelling all the way to town to buy bread or a cold drink is absurd. People should swallow their pride and allow the Somalis to operate‚” said Mojabang Radebe‚ a salon owner.

Mokile Nkosi‚ who has been renting a shop to a Somali man for five years‚ said her tenant had run away. Community members had also threatened to burn down her house with her and her three children inside if she continued to rent to the Somali man. They looted everything in the shop.

“l was terrified and was left with no choice but to hand over the keys. The R1‚500 which l used to get from the Somali every month helped me a lot because l am a widow‚” said Nkosi. “I am a woman. Being terrorised in such a way is the last thing I need.”

Mahommed Shamim‚ a shop owner‚ said that all he wants to do is to operate his business and help the community. He said he often sold goods on credit and people would pay him at the end of the month. Some never paid‚ but he didn’t pursue them for their debts. Shamim said he did not understand why some in the community hated foreigners so much. He said it was not true that they sold expired goods.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2018-09-03-xenophobia-triumphs-in-gauteng/

Lol f*ck these bantu let them starve. I wanna see em suffer:gnzbryw::cool:. They will probably start eating eachother and canabalism will become an epidemic because they are apes.:ftw9nwa::yloezpe::dzmxmmb:

Lol f*ck these bantu let them starve. I wanna see em suffer:gnzbryw::cool:. They will probably start eating eachother and canabalism will become an epidemic because they are apes.:ftw9nwa::yloezpe::dzmxmmb:
They will join their central african and liberian brothers and practice cannibalism yes:ftw9nwa: savages we were the ones feeding them now look at them.

They will join their central african and liberian brothers and practice cannibalism yes:ftw9nwa: savages we were the ones feeding them now look at them.
Ungratful bantus. We helped liberate them and look how they repaid us. The whites need to bring back apartheid. They need to be civilized.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Geeljire should cooperate with the other foreigners to lobby the government to allow them to shoot looters at the tiniest risk to themselves.

The current law states that you can't shoot someone unless you feel like your life is in danger.

The current populist judiciary system would make it extremely hard to proof that...

You can't even shoot looters with machetes without getting written up for attempted murder.

Cadaans get away with all sorts of shit.

That's because the legal system isn't equal and Geeljire there should work together to acquire the privileges the cadaans have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending