Somtel is sponsoring Garowe Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somtel now sponsors Garoowe Airport after they paid a large sum to renovate the Airport Terminal.

Somtel is a Somaliland company that falls under Dahabshiil.

These companies have unusual power, they will Shape the economic landscape of Somalia and hence form undemocratic monopolies.

Bohol

VIP
Puntland should be careful allowing Dahabshiil companies to get involved that much in sensitive security matters such as airports if true. The southerners already distanced themselves from Dahabshiil and mainly use Hormuud.

Puntland should be careful allowing Dahabshiil companies to get involved that much in sensitive security matters such as airports if true. The southerners already distanced themselves from Dahabshiil and mainly use Hormuud.
One major reason people in Kismaayo prefer Hormuud is because it EVC while Somtel doesn't. I don't know whether they offer it yet.
And Hormuud had better service. Once in Kismaayo and other parts of Koonfur Somtel went down because something happened (I thinknit was flooding) in Janaale with one of their major masts (I'm not 100% sure).
However Somtel was cheaper for international calls.

Why is Hormuud better?

Bohol

VIP
One major reason people in Kismaayo prefer Hormuud is because it EVC while Somtel doesn't. I don't know whether they offer it yet.
And Hormuud had better service. Once in Kismaayo and other parts of Koonfur Somtel went down because something happened (I thinknit was flooding) in Janaale with one of their major masts (I'm not 100% sure).
However Somtel was cheaper for international calls.

Why is Hormuud better?

Hormuud(south) and Telesom(north) are the best telecommunication companies in Somalia because they are more advanced than the other companies.

They paid for the signage, painting and interior decorations. The Garoowe terminal is yellow and black the colours of Somtel. Many Puntlanders ask how come that Dahabshiil is paying for Somaliland troops stationed outside Garoowe and allowed to sponsor the capitals airport.

31636174_2031644613576670_8392040215740416000_n.jpg

They paid for the signage, painting and interior decorations. The Garoowe terminal is yellow and black the colours of Somtel. Many Puntlanders ask how come that Dahabshiil is paying for Somaliland troops stationed outside Garoowe and allowed to sponsor the capitals airport.

31636174_2031644613576670_8392040215740416000_n.jpg

It looks great

Dont be stupid and bite the hand that feeds you

By the grace of God

This SL company has given PL a new airport

Somaliland does not need to invade Garowe. It controls Laascaanood and Sool using hard power and Garoowe Puntland through soft power approach.

Kudos to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts