Somaliweyn needs this company for their oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alshabab will blow up the gas area. Or even the trucks exporting them to the ships
Who says we should do it in the south? If all shabaab come north then it's time for jihad. How long will we live poor for Western backed traitors sake? I want good infrastructure I don't even care about being richer than Qatar! We must build infrastructure and soon.

:birdman:

Who says we should do it in the south? If all shabaab come north then it's time for jihad. How long will we live poor for Western backed traitors sake? I want good infrastructure I don't even care about being richer than Qatar! We must build infrastructure and soon.

:birdman:
The north is administered by clans same problem different faces

The north is administered by clans same problem different faces
I know sadly we are cursed either way! the best thing is for the central government to allow each region to control their own oli profits so none can complain about their qabil money being wasted.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
PL has the most oil. The actual oil deposits are smaller on land then they are off-shore in the sea. PL controls 40% of Somalia coastline. Garacad to Las Qoray. 1200 kilometers. Somalia total coastline is 3200 kilometers. JL has oil also becuz kenya wanted it's coast-line. JL control a fair wack of the coastline also. NFD and Ogaden has already been confirmed a few billion barrells, that's why I say there isn't much on the land. PL maybe 4 billion and Somaliland far less due to the land size and it's not worth recovering.

DAROD ARE THE OIL SHEIKHS. Darod need to open up a jabarti oil consortium group. Members PL/JL/DDSI/NFD. SL can't join, SL will be like djibouti there is no point extracting djibouti oil because the land is tiny, same with SL hargeisa to burco and berbera is 150 kilometers only.

Last edited:

waraabe

Your superior
PL has the most oil. The actual oil deposits are smaller on land then they are off-shore in the sea. PL controls 40% of Somalia coastline. Garacad to Las Qoray. 1200 kilometers. Somalia total coastline is 3200 kilometers. JL has oil also becuz kenya wanted it's coast-line. JL control a fair wack of the coastline also. NFD and Ogaden has already been confirmed a few billion barrells, that's why I say there isn't much on the land. PL maybe 4 billion and Somaliland far less due to the land size and it's not worth recovering.

DAROD ARE THE OIL SHEIKHS. Darod need to open up a jabarti oil consortium group. Members PL/JL/DDSI/NFD. SL can't join, SL will be like djibouti there is no point extracting djibouti oil because the land is tiny, same with SL hargeisa to burco and berbera is 150 kilometers only.
:gaasdrink: They found only water in
punan!a

The test results, however, revealed only fresh water with no trace of oil
http://www.oilreviewafrica.com/geology/geology/unsuccessful-showing-for-horn-petroleum-in-puntland

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
How about FGS buys up small oil companies with the required IP or licences.

A couple hundred million could get us equiped with all the know how required to do everything in-house.

Imagine being able to demand 70%+ of the revenue instead of a paltry 10-15% that we're currently begging for.

The west were drilling for oil in the 19th century... The same century as Napoleon...

If we can't replicate a century old tech with technology transfers then we might as well stop calling ourselves human.

How about FGS buys up small oil companies with the required IP or licences.

A couple hundred million could get us equiped with all the know how required to do everything in-house.

Imagine being able to demand 70%+ of the revenue instead of a paltry 10-15% that we're currently begging for.

The west were drilling for oil in the 19th century... The same century as Napoleon...

If we can't replicate a century old tech with technology transfers then we might as well stop calling ourselves human.
Yes but those methods are more costly and out dated . You must realize that we lack slot of resources required to make the equipment, the Americans robbed a land rich in rare metals and resources so of course that combined with the knowledge they took from Europe made them a powerhouse. We lack the knowledge and the resources. Sometimes I wonder what Somali would have been like if our ancestors ventured out onto the world and weren't soon isolationist like China was. When you isolate yourself you make yourself vulnerable and weak, you can't compete in arms races since you don't know what the enemy is up to and you don't establish good trade with other nations.

Do y'all think the Greeks really meant east africans? I mean they said the kingdom beyond ethipia's river and that we were rich in gold .

what is it that makes us so backwards today and when did the decline start? No trolling! I am curious as to when we started to decline, obviously we weren't the most advanced but surely we only survived so long because we had some system that worked and we know that our ancestors used to know how to extract gold and their own resources back in those days.....I mean they were traders for god's sake. So what was it? Did the later generation of Somalis become lazy? Was it war that devastated us and sent us back to the dark ages or did the next generation just get lazy. I wish our history was written but since there are no archeologists in Somalia...I guess we will never know.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Yes but those methods are more costly and out dated . You must realize that we lack slot of resources required to make the equipment, the Americans robbed a land rich in rare metals and resources so of course that combined with the knowledge they took from Europe made them a powerhouse. We lack the knowledge and the resources. Sometimes I wonder what Somali would have been like if our ancestors ventured out onto the world and weren't soon isolationist like China was. When you isolate yourself you make yourself vulnerable and weak, you can't compete in arms races since you don't know what the enemy is up to and you don't establish good trade with other nations.

Do y'all think the Greeks really meant east africans? I mean they said the kingdom beyond ethipia's river and that we were rich in gold .

what is it that makes us so backwards today and when did the decline start? No trolling! I am curious as to when we started to decline, obviously we weren't the most advanced but surely we only survived so long because we had some system that worked and we know that our ancestors used to know how to extract gold and their own resources back in those days.....I mean they were traders for god's sake. So what was it? Did the later generation of Somalis become lazy? Was it war that devastated us and sent us back to the dark ages or did the next generation just get lazy. I wish our history was written but since there are no archeologists in Somalia...I guess we will never know.

Geography is the major contributor to most of the answers you want.

We just weren't able to keep together huge populations for a long time.

If we had a large city with over a 100,000 people a couple of centuries back then everything would've been different.

However, we simply didn't have the resources to keep those urban places fed.

That's why the earliest large civilisations all originated from near huge rivers.

There's a long answer to this but you need a book to fully cover it.

-----

Btw we do have the resources to pull our own oil development.

Somalis would be more than happy to invest billions into a domestic oil company.

They don't need billions to discover the oil. A couple hundred millions would let us quickly find out if there's oil.

Another couple hundred million bucks could get us all the tech we need. Just buy companies in the West with the IP or licenses.

Once we find viable deposits then we could just get a loan from oil importers like China or India in return for a long standing deal I.e 100k barrels/day at a set price.

Won't hurt us as it will be less than a fraction of our production inshallah.

Might seem like a fantasy but other countries have been doing this for half a century.

It's time we stay catching up.

Geography is the major contributor to most of the answers you want.

We just weren't able to keep together huge populations for a long time.

If we had a large city with over a 100,000 people a couple of centuries back then everything would've been different.

However, we simply didn't have the resources to keep those urban places fed.

That's why the earliest large civilisations all originated from near huge rivers.

There's a long answer to this but you need a book to fully cover it.

-----

Btw we do have the resources to pull our own oil development.

Somalis would be more than happy to invest billions into a domestic oil company.

They don't need billions to discover the oil. A couple hundred millions would let us quickly find out if there's oil.

Another couple hundred million bucks could get us all the tech we need. Just buy companies in the West with the IP or licenses.

Once we find viable deposits then we could just get a loan from oil importers like China or India in return for a long standing deal I.e 100k barrels/day at a set price.

Won't hurt us as it will be less than a fraction of our production inshallah.

Might seem like a fantasy but other countries have been doing this for half a century.

It's time we stay catching up.
It's sad how those tools in Mogadishu are selling us out. We need to vote them out and vote in leaders that promise to serve the Somali ppl.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
It's sad how those tools in Mogadishu are selling us out. We need to vote them out and vote in leaders that promise to serve the Somali ppl.

Unfortunately one person per vote elections will be delayed until 2100s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending