SomaliSpot Chess Tournament (2021) - Bracket & Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@angelplan had a knockout here if he captured pawn and @CanoGeel recaptures with bishop as seen with these poorly drawn arrows:
2FECD9FF-BD20-4D62-BFF6-70F552213E36.jpeg

1… dxc3 2. Bxc3? Re3! 3. Rc1 Qc7

and white loses a bishop.

even if white doesn’t recapture you’re up an extra pawn and it’s a passed pawn at that, promotion is unstoppable.

There’s also the chance that white could take the pawn with check but you just move your king back to safety with Kg8 and black is still winning because the pawn is being promoted on the c file as opposed to the d file with no room behind it!

Now the passed pawn is guarded by the rook and soon queen as well.

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
@angelplan had a knockout here if he captured pawn and @CanoGeel recaptures with bishop as seen with these poorly drawn arrows:
View attachment 193991

1… dxc3 2. Bxc3? Re3! 3. Rc1 Qc7

and white loses a bishop.

even if white doesn’t recapture you’re up an extra pawn and it’s a passed pawn at that, promotion is unstoppable.

There’s also the chance that white could take the pawn with check but you just move your king back to safety with Kg8 and black is still winning because the pawn is being promoted on the c file as opposed to the d file with no room behind it!

Now the passed pawn is guarded by the rook and soon queen as well.
That would have been a professional move with a deadly outcome! Good inspection there Hot Ballah!

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I’m about to go on a chess marathon tonight with a good friend of mine, add me on lichess so you can join some games or watch them.

This is me coming off a long chess hiatus, but after 10 or so games the gears will get lubed and I’ll be in tip-top shape to wipe the floor with @angelplan lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts