Somalis will NEVER prosper with this attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after going through @Hemaal thread about gabooye/madhibaan discrimination, I thought it would be wise to post this decent article from the rather loathsome and reactionary VICE about how FUCKING STUPID we Somalis are by hating on our own people!!!

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/minorities-and-migrants-are-fighting-for-last-place-in-somaliland

While some Midgaan are trying to reclaim that name, they still see it as a connoting pseudo-slavery in Somali society, where they’ve traditionally been restricted to “unclean” work, like barbering, blacksmithing, infibulation and leatherwork.

However, the majority clans of Somaliland have found a way to get into the barbering business over the past few years without dirtying their hands. They’ve done it by building barbershops, stocking them with new and functional equipment, and then hiring the cheap labour of illegal or ambiguous Ethiopian migrants to compete with or even undercut the traditional barbers on quality and price.

Members of the Ubah Social Welfare Organisation, a minority-run minority rights advocacy group, estimate that more than 20 barbershops have closed in the face of such competition. And now one of these competitors has moved in down the street from Jaylaani, throwing the security of the community in doubt.

Mohamed and Ahmed Ibrahim Hassan, two brothers who work at Jaylaani, say it’s true that some Midgaan have made it into government jobs or the security forces and their lives have improved materially over the past 20 years of Somaliland’s independence. But many of those improvements have come through concentrated efforts by USWO and aid organisations, who partner with international donors on simple projects like making sure there's more than one toilet per ten families in the Gaboye ghetto, or creating incentives and scholarships to keep Midgaan children from dropping out of school in the face of bigotry.

But even with such efforts, as of 2006, when the Voice of Somaliland Minority Women Organisation conducted a survey of the Midgaan in Hargeisa, most of the Midgaan lived off less than $1 per day, at least half of the population was unemployed, and only 20 percent attended school. Even now, only between 30 and 40 Midgaan (out of perhaps 10,000 in Hargeisa alone, by Mohamed’s rough estimates) are attending or have graduated from universities. And, USWO insists, you’d be hard-pressed to find one Midgaan in a technical school, despite their history of work in technical/vocational trades. Given that vocational skills are more in demand here than university skills, USWO officials suspect they’re being systematically barred from potential new means of employment despite their current employment crisis.

Disgusting.

I personally think that madhibaan, bantu and even D&M Somalis are the future of Somalia.
These groups are not afraid to work, they have technical and manual labor skills & they lack "kibir".

I for one, am grateful that Puntland is home to Madhibaan and that they are my fellow Puntites and Somalis.

Although, I will say that Madhibaan act just like any other Somali group when given the chance. When Siyad Barre was in power, they were also acting reckless as one of their own was a high-ranking minister, I think his name was Ina Samatar.

Just like the Bantu & Raxanwayn when they were chopping people up during 1991. Whilst I disagree with marginalizing people and bullying others, we should not white-wash their history.

NO Somali group is completely "miskiin" or innocent of war crimes.

Also @LarryThePuntite is right about the xaasid nature of Somali businessmen with their self-harning faux competition but this is another level of stupid (and hate).

and then hiring the cheap labour of illegal or ambiguous Ethiopian migrants to compete with or even undercut the traditional barbers on quality and price.

Also @LarryThePuntite is right about the xaasid nature of Somali businessmen with their self-harning faux competition but this is another level of stupid (and hate).

and then hiring the cheap labour of illegal or ambiguous Ethiopian migrants to compete with or even undercut the traditional barbers on quality and price.

Why do not they hire Somalis ? instead of illegal immigrants whoGod only knows what types of diseases that they are holding. Imagine one illegal Ethiopian holding aids who can infect,whole neighbourhood in barber shop through dirty equipments (shaving machines). Hiring Somali is safer, cleaner than foreigners who will steal your money and ran back to his country.

waraabe

Your superior
True, the minority clans are patriotic and you don't see them begging. They have always worked hard and said alhamudilah with the little they make unlike other clans famous for begging. I urge these hard working patriots to demand their rights and use violence against Somaliland if their rights are denied any further. Somalis only understand the bullet and I as the caaqil of the SM youth will support these patriots in their quest.

Last edited:

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
We'll be forever cursed until we address the injustice we commit on daily basis against the Madhibaan community.

I have never seen a Somali minority whether madhibaan or Bantu begging for a western passport or Arab citizenship. I have never seen them Tahriib either. The main culprits are the one who destroyed their country, the so called "noble clans"*. The minorities are quite content in staying and working in their own country but are constantly discriminated against. This bad karma is the reason we will be always starving, dying and being fucked by more powerful neighbours like Ethiopia and Kenya.

*Ain't nothing noble about kudaafadda.:kodaksmiley:

waraabe

Your superior
I have never seen a Somali minority whether madhibaan or Bantu begging for a western passport or Arab citizenship. I have never seen them Tahriib either. The main culprits are the one who destroyed their country, the so called "noble clans"*. The minorities are quite content in staying and working in their own country but are constantly discriminated against. This bad karma is the reason we will be always starving, dying and being fucked by more powerful neighbours like Ethiopia and Kenya.

*Ain't nothing noble about kudaafadda.:kodaksmiley:

They also don't have old men calaacaling on national TVs that their qabiil didn't get gov positions

Wiki didn't help me why Somalis look down on them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhiban

What is the history between Somalis and the Madhiban? Why are they looked down?

Can you tell the difference from the looks? Do they look typical Somali?

Why do Indians look down on lower caste individuals? Because of centuries of ignorance, superstition and laziness. These minority clans did all the skilled and manual labour while lazy nomads did nothing but chase around camels for a few hours in between killing eachother over said camels.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Why do Indians look down on lower caste individuals? Because of centuries of ignorance, superstition and laziness. These minority clans did all the skilled and manual labour while lazy nomads did nothing but chase around camels for a few hours in between killing eachother over said camels.
Are you saying Madhiban are hated just because of their work ethic? Is that how it started?

@Regg you're Ethiopian right?

(Edit: ok sorry)

I've read on the wiki that Ethiopia has similar groups too.

Ethnic group Caste name[26][27] Occupation
Somali
Midgan, Madhiban hunters, tanners
Amhara people Weyto, Faqi hunters, tanners
Argobba people Faqin tanners
Borana people Watta hunters, tanners, potters, foragers
Gurage people Fuga hunters,[23]woodworkers
Janjero people Fuga hunters, potters, tanners
Kefa people Manjo hunters, guards
Kimant people Arabinya tanners
She people Kwayeju hunters
Sidama people Awacho tanners

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
@Regg you're Ethiopian right?

I read on the wiki that Ethiopia has similar groups too.

Ethnic group Caste name[26][27] Occupation
Somali
Midgan, Madhiban hunters, tanners
Amhara people Weyto, Faqi hunters, tanners
Argobba people Faqin tanners
Borana people Watta hunters, tanners, potters, foragers
Gurage people Fuga hunters,[23]woodworkers
Janjero people Fuga hunters, potters, tanners
Kefa people Manjo hunters, guards
Kimant people Arabinya tanners
She people Kwayeju hunters
Sidama people Awacho tanners
Not Ethiopian.

Are you saying Madhiban are hated just because of their work ethic? Is that how it started?

Yes, they were doing the jobs that were traditionally taboos in Somalis culture like agriculture, fishing, tool-making, cloth/hide making etc. In other words, jobs that actually required hard-work, skill and intelligence. There are some myths about the ancestor of the midgaans eating the dead carcass of an animal but that's just nonsense made up much later.

There are also new theories that claim that the Madhibaan and other minorities are descendants of khoisan-like hunter-gatherer tribes that occupied the Somali peninsula before the arrival of Somalis that uprooted them. But I think that's also farfetched.

Wiki didn't help me on why Somalis look down on them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhiban

What is the history between Somalis and the Madhiban? Why are they looked down? How did the started?

Supposedly, there was a drought or famine, during which the Madhibaan broke Islamic laws, something about they consumed dead carcasses, subsequently, they were banished and since then, marginalised.

One of their kin was caught red handed by the 'nobles' eating dead camel due to famine few centuries back:siilaanyosmile:
1238064310_evilmonkey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending