Somalis who've been adopted by gaalos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallahi I know this nigga who was adopted by a gaalo family, and switched from his Somali-Arabic name to the gaalo family name:drakelaugh: Nigga legit got a Somali first name and gaalo surname.
He'll be introducing himself like "Hi, I'm Cabdiraxmaan Johnson" :chrisfreshhah:

:francis:Feel happy that he hot a loving family but damn he's going to get a major identity crisis

Apollo

VIP
Well, his family fucked him over. These people are giving him a second chance, why shouldn't he use their name?

It's like asking for the victim of domestic violence to keep the name of her abuser.

Well, his family fucked him over. These people are giving him a second chance, why shouldn't he use their name?

It's like asking for the victim of domestic violence to keep the name of her abuser.
True, didn't say otherwise. Just thought it was a little funny

But I'm sure he'll say "I'm xabashi" if he doesn't already. He's got a good life though

Apollo

VIP
The ones I've met/heard of are usually adopted from Ethiopia or they were born to problematic diaspora mothers who got their kids taken away by social services.

Almost none are adopted directly from Somalia.

I know of two kids in Finland. I have a clan relationship with them

The kids live with some Finnish family and the kids don't want to see their dad anymore after he once abandoned them for another wife who herself divorced him. He is sad about the whole thing but he deserves it

I know of two kids in Finland. I have a clan relationship with them

The kids live with some Finnish family and the kids don't want to see their dad anymore after he once abandoned them for another wife who herself divorced him. He is sad about the whole thing but he deserves it
I heard of many Somali kids in Finland this has happened to which is very sad. There is a story of a Somali man who married a Finnish gaalo woman. She promised that she would convert for him but at the end it backfired and she went back on her promise plus took the kids.

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
Wallahi I know this nigga who was adopted by a gaalo family, and switched from his Somali-Arabic name to the gaalo family name:drakelaugh: Nigga legit got a Somali first name and gaalo surname.
He'll be introducing himself like "Hi, I'm Cabdiraxmaan Johnson" :chrisfreshhah:

:francis:Feel happy that he hot a loving family but damn he's going to get a major identity crisis
Hit the nail in the head with the last part. I'm currently going through a similar situation myself(mixed). Hopefully I find peace and acceptance from the community I love in the near future.

How do you know his family fucked him over? Do you know what led to him being adopted? No you don't. Quit speculating!

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
Are you adopted?
Yes. Alhamd lillah. Good people stepped up when my parents had an accident but not gaalo. Raised me like their own but never forced anything on me. :ehh: They could've introduced me to more Somali/Harari people or taken me to more cultural events tho :manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending