Somalis in Somalia need to start businesses

Reverse

booliska federal 🚓
I agree. We first need to begin with a defense industry, this is by far too important. It's time to create our own weapons and protect ourselves then sell them to other countries, including African ones.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I agree. We first need to begin with a defense industry, this is by far too important. It's time to create our own weapons and protect ourselves then sell them to other countries, including African ones.
Of course the first thing a Zoo wants to develop is weapons.

We should instead for example focus on making our own steel and concrete to encourage a construction boom. Currently we important low quality yet overpriced materials from Turkey.

They need a good trade policy perspective. Not even the most developed countries operate without this exchange as there are different levels of complexities in the equilibrium because there are specializations even within the same sectors that trade can reasonably cover according to the comparative/competitive advantages while also achieving a balanced import/export ratio.

While I think this self-sustainability proposition comes from a good place, it's not a realistic outlook on how they should and will operate; it's not an issue as long as the economy grows to a relatively good regional market position. I'm speaking in how it would work, Somaliland/Somalia now is not even remotely close to operating anything this intricate, with shit tons of varieties such as this, without heavily institutionalizing and improving productivity and human capital.