Somalis in professional fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
in your communities have you been seeing a lot more somali men/women who have completed school and are working in professional fields. like engineers, teachers, laywers, doctors, and etc.

I have only seen a few somali men/women that have complete school and are actually working in a professional field. Two uncles are teachers, one is a accountant, one is a nurse, and one who is a manager at a health care company. i also know one guy who recently graduated with his bachelors in computer science. a majority of somalis that i know though are either in school or are working full time.

my mother came here when she was a 11. her cousins and family friends that came around that age as well didn't really become educated. most completed high school and stopped there. My mother went back to school to get her associates. Most of her friends became stay at home wives. some work in child care as well.

Most of the 2nd generation somalis I know, have either finished or planning to finish their education of some sort. Higher education here in Scandinavia is mostly free, so it's an opportunity that parents don't wan their kids missing. Maybe it's different in your country?

in your communities have you been seeing a lot more somali men/women who have completed school and are working in professional fields. like engineers, teachers, laywers, doctors, and etc.

I have only seen a few somali men/women that have complete school and are actually working in a professional field. Two uncles are teachers, one is a accountant, one is a nurse, and one who is a manager at a health care company. i also know one guy who recently graduated with his bachelors in computer science. a majority of somalis that i know though are either in school or are working full time.

my mother came here when she was a 11. her cousins and family friends that came around that age as well didn't really become educated. most completed high school and stopped there. My mother went back to school to get her associates. Most of her friends became stay at home wives. some work in child care as well.

I met plenty of them. Both professionals and many working on their education. Level of professionalism depends on age too.

- In police departments: See the website below for Somali American Police officers.

http://somaliamericanpa.org/

- In Court systems as Lawyers and translators
- In Medicine as nurses and few doctors.
- Many Electrical Engineers
- Plenty of Technicians for Labs and Manufacturing companies
- One Member in Minnesota Congress who represents a district including the University of Minnesota.

Many entrepreneurs: women DRIVE success in Somali Mall according to Startribune article sometime ago. here

http://www.startribune.com/women-drive-success-of-somali-mall-in-minneapolis/323386601/

Another Somali mall

Somalis are doing good mostly with some losers to be found as usual. The positive outnumber the negatives. Only failures I MET ARE SOMALIS WHO DRINK, Males mostly who ask/beg for money, they are few who ask for a hand out at Somali stores and occasionally on buses/trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.