• This website is being maintained/upgraded and may have some downtime or errors.

Somalis in law field (Law School edition)

Desert Flower

I Specialize in Buuq iyo Qeylo.
VIP
I plan on applying to law school this cycle and hope to start next year Insha’Allah. I’m looking for Somalis who would be interested in law, or if you know anyone currently in the field. I haven’t come across Somali lawyers, and am curious as to why we don’t pursue the field as much as compared to nursing, social work or engineering.

Yukon_Niner

Civic nationalism is de way
VIP
Not in law but I hope it goes well for you

Oh yeah I've seen Somali solicitors and lawyers in the UK. It was only a few times though.

RasCanjero

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I plan on applying to law school this cycle and hope to start next year Insha’Allah. I’m looking for Somalis who would be interested in law, or if you know anyone currently in the field. I haven’t come across Somali lawyers, and am curious as to why we don’t pursue the field as much as compared to nursing, social work or engineering.
They're too busy working 200 hours a month. Even the law students are self isolating in a library somewhere.

Not to pull you off though. It's a rewarding career as long you're able to graduate from a decent school otherwise it's clerical hell until you retire to a cozy gov job.

My sister is a lawyer, and she'd told me she'd only recommend Law as a career if you can either get into a top school and you are certain it's the career you want to pursue.

Law is a very saturated field, so only do if you know you can stand out and be good at what you do, otherwise, you risk being burnt out or worse, unemployed.

Good luck :nvjpqts:

Last edited:

Desert Flower

VIP
My sister is a lawyer, and she'd told me she'd only recommend Law as a career if you can either get into a top school and you are certain it's the career you want to pursue.

Law is a very saturated field, so only do if you know you can stand out and be good at what you do, otherwise, you risk being burnt out or worse, unemployed.

Good luck :nvjpqts:
Thanks. Btw where are you located? It’s not as saturated in Canada and every school here is good, there isn’t really a top school (maybe UofT or UBC).

Desert Flower

VIP
They're too busy working 200 hours a month. Even the law students are self isolating in a library somewhere.

Not to pull you off though. It's a rewarding career as long you're able to graduate from a decent school otherwise it's clerical hell until you retire to a cozy gov job.
Thanks. It’s something that I wanted to do as a kid, but then I was pulled into a different direction and now I’ve realized that it’s what I actually want to go into.

I was thinking about it but it's not really related to my bachelors and I'm tryna work after :rejoice:and not do another 4yrs

I got a cousin who went through York's Law School and he's doing well for himself :mjlaugh:

Any specific area you want to get into? My friend's girlfriend works in criminal law and they deal with some absolute schizos. It's either unintentionally hilarious or just dark wallahi.

SuleymanPitt

Anti Fragile
VIP
My dad's friends daughter works in law. Don't have her contact details yet but a lot of somali girls in the UK go for law.

I'm not in law.