Somalis hailing from Fertile lands are impoverished.

All of the west and America was initially an agrarian society. Sure with trade that's pointless but it's important to get our numbers up and to do that you need an abundance of cheap nutrient dense food.
All western societies were dirt poor when they were feudal agricultural societies, the industry age changed the west. War maxaa ku haayo sxb? something that is worth 1 dollar by the kilo and the effort that goes into producing a kilo of it doesn't tell you this is not a economic driver.

Work out how much time is spent to produce a kilo of banana and then multiply that across a year using 8 hour work day multiplied by 50,000 workers. You can see what your net-gain is. It's going to be in the millions range not even billions. A good GDP needs to produce products that earn in the billion range

It's quit sad these kids who think farming is going to make a country rich. All third world countries share common theme, their all FARMERS. They produce a product that is worth nothing to the world and is over supplied. They wasted their hours and years going in a circle on a cheap product and remain in poverty.

Farming in history was different like say thousands of years ago, it created civilizations. But it wasn't farming that made them a civilization, it was the fact they were settled down and had their food/water source covered which allowed them time to do other things(real economic activity) that created civilizations. I wish the same for Somalia, let's cover our food source so it gives us the energy to focus on other economic products that are highly expensive. Let's not become like africa that hasn't created any industries beyond farming, that's when farming is useless. Farming whole purpose is to give u food so you can continue to explore other highly lucrative industries not to use farming as your main industry. No civilization existed on farming alone. That's why the west was broke when it was purely farming just like africa is. Farming isn't going to make anyone rich but it allows to focus your time/energy to create new industries like industrial age and factories of the west. It was this that caused the west to boom not because their farmers. LOL

Africa would be first world country if agriculture mattered in economics.

Last edited:
I cringe 'economically' speaking when I see Puntlanders farming. It would've been better to open the turdibi route to ogadeniya and let them farm for us and open 'back up route' to 'Hiiran' let them farm for us. Even open up a third route for safety reasons if we are worried someone will cut the supply of fruits/vegetables to 'jubaland' thru bosaso and kismayo shipping. We shouldn't have entered this industry, economically speaking it makes no sense whatsoever.

More boats out fishing would produce higher GDP for us as fish is expensive, we spend less time and can produce far more fishes then farming products which takes months of our time. War waxaa lagu xisabtamaya maxad malinti soo saarta not 3 months anymore. They want to put a 'money figure' on how much your product is worth a day and the time u put in. Shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt we are so behind.

Puntland economic model should be.

More fishery investment. Better technology, Better fisherman training. Better fishery infrastructure like refrigerations. Investments into Fishing plants to sort out the fish and package. We sell it raw to 'bulk warehouses' which will be cheaper, if we package, we can find partners in any country business and sell at market rates.

More Livestock investment and infrastructure. Dams, Dams, Dams. Wells, Wells, Wells. We should introduce 'feed' like 'grains' for them rather then eating leaves. Factory investment to cut up into parts and package, find gulf customers and restaurants and sell at the market level not at the warehouse level.

We should employ our low level people into these industries who refuse to go to school. We need BANKS in Puntland, I've said this 100 times. This will be the machine that fuels our business environment. Set up a big bank with multiple somali investors to give loans to puntlanders who then invest into a start-up of their choice or expertise or ideas. This will ensure our start up businesses are growing yearly cuz locals now have a source of capital to begin their business. Most of people who take the loans can secure the loan against a family property so this shouldn't be a problem in terms of risk for banks.

Last edited:
Well food security is fine, every nation needs to feed itself but don't turn around and say this will be our main economy when all we should be doing is creating food self sufficiency not saying this the economic star of Somalia when it's not and never will be. It's unskilled trade, it's heavy on time/effort which are critical. White people measure you what you spent 8 hours producing compared to them and if your whole nation spent the year just farming and made this their main economic industry, you are seriously a bum for life. No nation that is agriculture based is first world country, that is a fact. It's easily explainable, you won't get rich selling something that is worth 1 by the kilo.

Even if you had the whole world market for yourself, you still collect enough revenue to make your people rich. Agriculture would be good industry if the whole world was dry and Somalia was the only farms left. I can understand then supply/demand. But in today's world. No way.
It shouldn't be our main economy. We need to have multiple sources for food stuffs for future diplomatic spats with nations. Otherwise I agree with your premise - gutter tier nations in Latin America and Central Africa rely on food exports.

I cringe 'economically' speaking when I see Puntlanders farming. It would've been better to open the turdibi route to ogadeniya and let them farm for us and open 'back up route' to 'Hiiran' let them farm for us. Even open up a third route for safety reasons if we are worried someone will cut the supply of fruits/vegetables to 'jubaland' thru bosaso and kismayo shipping. We shouldn't have entered this industry, economically speaking it makes no sense whatsoever.

More boats out fishing would produce higher GDP for us as fish is expensive, we spend less time and can produce far more fishes then farming products which takes months of our time. War waxaa lagu xisabtamaya maxad malinti soo saarta not 3 months anymore. They want to put a 'money figure' on how much your product is worth a day and the time u put in. Shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt we are so behind.

Puntland economic model should be.

More fishery investment. Better technology, Better fisherman training. Better fishery infrastructure like refrigerations. Investments into Fishing plants to sort out the fish and package. We sell it raw to 'bulk warehouses' which will be cheaper, if we package, we can find partners in any country business and sell at market rates.

More Livestock investment and infrastructure. Dams, Dams, Dams. Wells, Wells, Wells. We should introduce 'feed' like 'grains' for them rather then eating leaves. Factory investment to cut up into parts and package, find gulf customers and restaurants and sell at the market level not at the warehouse level.

We should employ our low level people into these industries who refuse to go to school. We need BANKS in Puntland, I've said this 100 times. This will be the machine that fuels our business environment. Set up a big bank with multiple somali investors to give loans to puntlanders who then invest into a start-up of their choice or expertise or ideas. This will ensure our start up businesses are growing yearly cuz locals now have a source of capital to begin their business. Most of people who take the loans can secure the loan against a family property so this shouldn't be a problem in terms of risk for banks.
3 decently sized fishing trawlers and a processing plant and you will rake in millions a year. Your banking idea already exists via dahabshiil/salaam bank and other hawalads. People have a very negative view of debt in Somalia, so few use the services.

3 decently sized fishing trawlers and a processing plant and you will rake in millions a year. Your banking idea already exists via dahabshiil/salaam bank and other hawalads. People have a very negative view of debt in Somalia, so few use the services.
Dahabshil and salam I don't think are banks. Banks are were money is 'stored' not 'transferred'. You don't own the money being transferred, that's not your capital basically. The billions that dahabshil is worth is more about how much 'transfers' occurr not what dahabshil owns. I wouldn't think they would have capital to loan.

Dahabshil and salam I don't think are banks. Banks are were money is 'stored' not 'transferred'. You don't own the money being transferred, that's not your capital basically. The billions that dahabshil is worth is more about how much 'transfers' occurr not what dahabshil owns. I wouldn't think they would have capital to loan.
They and telesom both have a lot of cash due to dahab/zaad. Not heard about teleosm loaning money but they do invest the money in projects.

There is litterally no country that has become rich by selling meat. First of all raising a camel calf takes 3-4 years and you get 800-1000 dollar for 4 years work.
:bell:
And if you take all the expenses into account lets say you are making 400-600 from one camel in 3 years.

While with modern agriculture you can feed 875 ppl for 1sqkm of farmland. Somalia being close to the equator has 12 month growing season, which means more can be prodused. One farm can produce 3 yields and certain crops 4 yields in one year. Wich means in Somalia 1 sqkm farm can easily produce food for more than 1400 ppl
Screenshot_20190619-230552_Samsung Internet.jpg
this image shows how much food one 1sq km can produce for different societies. 1sq km of land can provide lifelyhood for 1 hunter gatherer, 22 pastoralist/nomads, 175 in early (5000 years ago) farming community and 875 in modern agriculture. And these are estimations for Northern/Central Europe wich has half of Somalias growing season.

3 to 4 Farms are popping up on a steady pace in shabelle valley. I will post videos to show these ignorant Puntlanders, the development happening in middle and lower shabelle valleys agriculture.

There is litterally no country that has become rich by selling meat. First of all raising a camel calf takes 3-4 years and you get 800-1000 dollar for 4 years work.
:bell:
And if you take all the expenses into account lets say you are making 400-600 from one camel in 3 years.

While with modern agriculture you can feed 875 ppl for 1sqkm of farmland. Somalia being close to the equator has 12 month growing season, which means more can be prodused. One farm can produce 3 yields and certain crops 4 yields in one year. Wich means in Somalia 1 sqkm farm can easily produce food for more than 1400 ppl
View attachment 74299 this image shows how much food one 1sq km can produce for different societies. 1sq km of land can provide lifelyhood for 1 hunter gatherer, 22 pastoralist/nomads, 175 in early (5000 years ago) farming community and 875 in modern agriculture. And these are estimations for Northern/Central Europe wich has half of Somalias growing season.

3 to 4 Farms are popping up on a steady pace in shabelle valley. I will post videos to show these ignorant Puntlanders, the development happening in middle and lower shabelle valleys agriculture.
Fucking hell. Industrial agriculture and meat production will make individuals wealthy and reduce dependency on imports - increasing food security.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fucking hell. Industrial agriculture and meat production will make individuals wealthy and reduce dependency on imports - increasing food security.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I compleatly agree meat, agriculture and fishing sectors are Somalias biggest assets along with the +70% young population, if there is no oil found. These sectors are what will make our ppl wealthy in the long run. I just dont like how this @DR OSMAN down plays the amount of potential in Somalias agri bussiness.

I compleatly agree meat, agriculture and fishing sectors are Somalias biggest assets along with the +70% young population, if there is no oil found. These sectors are what will make our ppl wealthy in the long run. I just dont like how this @DR OSMAN down plays the amount of potential in Somalias agri bussiness.
I think his point was that it's not as profitable as other industries when looking at exportation... You have many countries competing for a relatively small pie. The money is in the export of niche crops and the domestic market.

I think his point was that it's not as profitable as other industries when looking at exportation... You have many countries competing for a relatively small pie.
But it really is profitable, I would argue that agriculture is Somalias biggest asset after fishing sector. We have India wich is struggling to feed its population (wich is still growing) as a potential market. We are close to them than the big agri goods exporters (US, Netherlands and other EU countries and Brazil). We have same advantage in Middle East. We also have countries who will experience big population booms in East Africa like our neighbours Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda, who will depend on Tanzania or us, if Zimbabwe or South Africa dont get their shit together in the next decade.

Sesame, sunflower seeds and lemons are in high demand in the Turkey, the Gulf and India. And they all grow very well in Somalia.

But it really is profitable, I would argue that agriculture is Somalias biggest asset after fishing sector. We have India wich is struggling to feed its population (wich is still growing) as a potential market. We are close to them than the big agri goods exporters (US, Netherlands and other EU countries and Brazil). We have same advantage in Middle East. We also have countries who will experience big population booms in East Africa like our neighbours Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda, who will depend on Tanzania or us, if Zimbabwe or South Africa dont get their shit together in the next decade.

Sesame, sunflower seeds and lemons are in high demand in the Turkey, the Gulf and India. And they all grow very well in Somalia.
Interesting perspective. Any major corn/grain producers in southern Somalia? I've read about the seasame exports.

Interesting perspective. Any major corn/grain producers in southern Somalia? I've read about the seasame exports.
Rise fields are being developed in Jowhar. My grandma (who grew up in janaale, Southern middle Shabeelle) used to grow corn and grain along with papayas and other fruits, in tgeir family farm. I assume if SouthWest state invests in those farms and start producing what ever is in demand, we can easily turn it into a exporting powerhouse.

Why is 60% of Somali economy 'livestock'? In terms of what we sell our camels/sheeps/goats for and what you sell in a year with agriculture, you do the maths? 1 kilo of tomato, for all that expenses u put in like labor costs, machinery costs, you can see why I do not promote this beggers industry. White people own ranches of livestock, they don't allow mexicans to take this sector? why is this? cause it's lucrative.

You ever see white people using mexicans or refugees to do look after their livestock? NO. White people do this work which Puntlanders do because it's lucrative sxb.

They use southies, mexicans, and central africans for backbreaking work in the farms in the west. Even australia uses islander labour to do this shitty job in agriculture. White people don't waste their time in industries with no money to be made ONLY YOUR KOONFUR ASS DO. No wonder u begging in Puntland. U ever see Puntlander refugee in the south?

@Loyan is insane to compare livestcok to bananas loooooooooool. How much will a kilo of meat cost you compared to a kilo of banana? how much wasted costs are involved ant 6 months of backbreaking work. Yes you stick to farming, I agree the south should, that's why their on average poorer the northerners. But what I am against is Puntlanders joining this silly industry. It's good for you, cause we will continue to keep our edge on southerners by engaging in high profit industries like fishing, livestock, and frankincense, while you pick you damn apples waryaa.

Ok let's do this math. It's simple. Tell us the yearly maximum yield you can do. We will put a price on your product for the year. I will compare how many camels I need to sell to match you. U will see walllahi 1000 camels will cover the whole products you produce in a year. U can't compare, no comparison. Livestock-Fishery-Frankincense. No wonder MJ were rich in Somalia, it didn't happen by chance. It's because they chose high profit industries.

The reality is the SOUTH has no economic future. They are stuck in a low profit industry, it will continue to be poor. While the average puntlander is engaging in high profit industries like camels, frankincense, and fishery. You will never rich mexican farmer, nor will u ever see a rich southie. That's why their poor sxb, it's not cause of them be southerners, it cause of the industry they CHOSE.

Last edited:
@Loyan If I am so wrong, @SlimFarax would come in and blast me for my conclusion. No wonder Somalis always ask you about your wealth, they ask 'xoolo' ma lee dahay. They don't ask you 'beero ma lee dahay' to determine your wealth status. Even rahanwayn have realized to get out of this industry and become small time traders in major cities and lifting themselves out of poverty. Before that they were just a bunch of 'taag darane' but as @SlimFarax teaches dadka TAAG DARAN, taageera weligine loooooooooooool cuz he supports all the liberal mumbo jumbo shit in our Somali anthem. Cuz his little lefty social justice warrior and believes all Somalis are equal.

But don't forget the rich guy is being forced to SUPPORT U your taag darane ass cuz we are built up wealth wise. When we sold our 'xoolo' in the 60's the whites saw we bought properties immediately and entered education and began settlements. Look if a farmer sells his farm, he will be in a damn 'camp' and the lower class of a city. This all makes sense to me, why power was put in the hands of the upper class livestock herders, it's just pure science even slim farax won't dispute this conclusion.

Just look at an average farmer life and look at average nomad. The clothes are different, the shoes are different, the lifestyle difference and wealth difference is immediately measurable. A nomad can sell his livestock and buy a property(hanti) immediately, can a farmer sell his tomatos and buy a property? no. Even if he sells his land it's so REMOTE with no services he will get BASIC pennies for it.

There is a reason why the poorest among us are farmers when you go to somali towns. They are the under-class, there is reasons for this, it's not because of racial superiority it's because they wasted their lives on an industry that turn overs nothing.

If my family today sold their livestock. We already worked it out. They would get 5 properties for it in any city in Puntland. They would blend in and join the 'average' class of Puntlanders. The problem with farming is, it's owned by a few at the top while the majority are just picking apples, they have no real asset to convert to join a middle class, hence they walk in with their 'dacas' filling up the city camps. It's due to their industry, no fault of their own. This isn't the same for a nomad. He will buy a property immediately, he won't be living in camps, he can then pursue city living like education or another industry of his choosing. This isn't radical theory I am proposing, it's basically obvservable to the naked eye. The only time a nomad will join the 'camp living' is when his livestock die due to drought, this is the only time, you will see them at the bottom close of a city. But if their smart and take care of their animals, they have a real commodity to convert into assets in the city. This is the average nomad I am talking about. You got RICH nomads who can buy out 'businesses' on top of buying properties to live in the city.

The Nomad was always better off then the Farmer. It's just a fact, it's why we control Somalia and not farmer societies.

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
@Loyan If I am so wrong, @SlimFarax would come in and blast me for my conclusion. No wonder Somalis always ask you about your wealth, they ask 'xoolo' ma lee dahay. They don't ask you 'beero ma lee dahay' to determine your wealth status. Even rahanwayn have realized to get out of this industry and become small time traders in major cities and lifting themselves out of poverty. Before that they were just a bunch of 'taag darane' but as @SlimFarax teaches dadka TAAG DARAN, taageera weligine loooooooooooool cuz he supports all the liberal mumbo jumbo shit in our Somali anthem. Cuz his little lefty social justice warrior and believes all Somalis are equal.

But don't forget the rich guy is being forced to SUPPORT U your taag darane ass cuz we are built up wealth wise. When we sold our 'xoolo' in the 60's the whites saw we bought properties immediately and entered education and began settlements. Look if a farmer sells his farm, he will be in a damn 'camp' and the lower class of a city. This all makes sense to me, why power was put in the hands of the upper class livestock herders, it's just pure science even slim farax won't dispute this conclusion.

Just look at an average farmer life and look at average nomad. The clothes are different, the shoes are different, the lifestyle difference and wealth difference is immediately measurable. A nomad can sell his livestock and buy a property(hanti) immediately, can a farmer sell his tomatos and buy a property? no. Even if he sells his land it's so REMOTE with no services he will get BASIC pennies for it.

There is a reason why the poorest among us are farmers when you go to somali towns. They are the under-class, there is reasons for this, it's not because of racial superiority it's because they wasted their lives on an industry that turn overs nothing.
This is actually the biggest heap of shit I've ever had the displeasure of rading. Sure the menial labour is one thing but in every civilised country beero is a source of IMMENSE wealth

Civilized as in NOT somali

Boers in Africa are dying over their farmland. Farming is one of the most lucrative industries.

Obviously people don't have others look after their livestock. People can run away with livestock which ahs been a dhaqan in somalia for centuries.
You can hardly do the same thing with land

Honesty ina adeer, if you dont know what you're talking about, don't talk. Smh

Trending

Latest posts