Somalis Different Forms Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Have you guys noticed there seems to be different types of corruption in Somalia and it seems to be very tribal also. For example the Darod don't tend to enrich themselves, yes there is a few exceptions to the rule but their corruption is about feeding it to their tribe the best contracts, best jobs, best positions, and so forth. But it's hardly about the individual himself. Where-as the hawiye it's all about himself and feeding himself and yes there are exceptions to this rule but it's quite similar. Corruption levels tend to be far higher when a clan is safe in his territory then outside of it, I have noticed that a-lot. Their seems to be no fear once among your people and people tend to do some wild shit and get away with it knowing their gonna get back up.

Should we switch the leaders of each capital of each region to different tribes who aren't majority in that city so the locals can counter-check them?

Darod seem to be huge on cronyism, nepotism type of corruption. Where-as hawiye is far more individual and me me me type of corruption. I don't know too much about the Isaaq though, are they just middle ground between the two forms of corruption?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
That seems to be what I see since the 90s till now, the hawiye are very much BLATANT type of corruption, something you can see with your own naked eye and his wealth changing and his assets and business investments. It's right out there no concealment at all. Where-as the Darod is a more, I'll take care of my people type of corruption, more low key and tries to conceal it far more. They play a more COLLECTIVE type corruption and want the tribe to do well also, where-as the hawiye is just about himself type of corruption.

But as for government, they are far more genuine in seeing one the darod then hawiye. They really gained nothing from civil war but losses of wealth, to see a govt through can mean they reclaim alot of it back through a justice system. Hawiye is the other way around, more to lose thru a govt and hence why all anti govt ideas like warlordism, islamism, all originated from mogadishu and spread to the rest the country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending