somalis are so cringe for this i’m sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
:russ:
This is the kinda limited nonsense I'm talking about. They work together to elevate themselves. It is all about Oromo.
I dont know what dhaadi is on but a strict oromo muslim would take his somali brothers side in a argument of religion and injustice/ war (fighting against islam is haram) but if it is over land or bs like then a oromo muslim would take his oromo brothers side.

same should go with a somali.

if a Somali kills a oromo man the somali clan should immediately try to make peace with there oromo muslim brothers before doing anything, and should pay the mag. but if it is like the Gaal Gurey, Will waal war were both forces line up and are ready then this shouldn't apply.

I 100% agree with him that Muslim from any country is near me than kafir somali. If you leave Islam you are not Somali anymore
F that crap. Even an atheist Somali who is a patriot and a good person will always be close to me ethnically and culturally than anyone else. Muslims, like the rest of humanity, are tribalist people who almost always prefer their own over others. A Pakistani will be for Pakistanis, an Arab will be for Arabs, a Turk will be for Turks, an Iranian will be for Iranians etc regardless of whether their are believers or not.

I 100% agree with him that Muslim from any country is near me than kafir somali. If you leave Islam you are not Somali anymore
The feeling is not mutual. Cause other Muslims 9 times out of 10 will choose their non Muslim counterparts over you. I see it all the time. Even timojilec Muslims who get smoked by Hindus in India will feel closer to them when they’re in the west lmaoo

I’m not even exmuslim but I find it so cringe how Somalis are the only ones that say this. Must be an inferiority complex. Because all these other Muslims feel closer to a gaal of their culture over you

F that crap. Even an atheist Somali who is a patriot and a good person will always be close to me ethnically and culturally than anyone else. Muslims, like the rest of humanity, are tribalist people who almost always prefer their own over others. A Pakistani will be for Pakistanis, an Arab will be for Arabs, a Turk will be for Turks, an Iranian will be for Iranians etc regardless of whether their are believers or not.
You can't be Somali patriot without being religious. Unlike other ethnicities, the Somali identity is intertwined with Islam.

Michael Mariano wasn’t a patriot?
He did a lot of hard work building the nation, and I commend him for that. An analogy could be like how our language and culture are tied into our identity. You can help build your country, but to be a real patriot you have to embody all aspect of the Somali identity.

Yami

Chief of Madow Rights Movement, E-Y18629 Cushite
He did a lot of hard work building the nation, and I commend him for that. An analogy could be like how our language and culture are tied into our identity. You can help build your country, but to be a real patriot you have to embody all aspect of the Somali identity.
Bro no offence if you put this line of thinking into any other ethnicity it sounds ridiculous.

“Malcom X was not a patriot of African Americans because he was a Muslim convert. To be a real patriot you must embody all aspects of the Black identity in America (Christianity).”

“George Habesh wasn’t a patriot for the Palestanian people because he was Christian. To be a real patriot you must embody all aspects of Palestinian identity (Islam).

Yet I’ve never heard anyone say that. Because it’s weird. They were clear patriots to their people, & so was Michael Mariano to Somalis.

Bro no offence if you put this line of thinking into any other ethnicity it sounds ridiculous.

“Malcom X was not a patriot of African Americans because he was a Muslim convert. To be a real patriot you must embody all aspects of the Black identity in America (Christianity).”

“George Habesh wasn’t a patriot for the Palestanian people because he was Christian. To be a real patriot you must embody all aspects of Palestinian identity (Islam).

Yet I’ve never heard anyone say that. Because it’s weird. They were clear patriots to their people, & so was Michael Mariano to Somalis.
My point was Somalis are unique in this. Black Americans have a significant amount of both Christians and Muslims, and even then religion is not a core part of their identity. Their identity revolves around their past as slaves, jazz, rap, etc. Palestinians/Arabs also have a significant population of Christians and Jews. My argument is that the Somali identity is unique in that it is very closely tied with religion.

Yami

Chief of Madow Rights Movement, E-Y18629 Cushite
My point was Somalis are unique in this. Black Americans have a significant amount of both Christians and Muslims, and even then religion is not a core part of their identity. Their identity revolves around their past as slaves, jazz, rap, etc. Palestinians/Arabs also have a significant population of Christians and Jews. My argument is that the Somali identity is unique in that it is very closely tied with religion.
How is our ethnic identity uniquely tide with Islam? Do we speak Arabic? Does our nisbah end with Al Hijazi?

Internet Nomad

☆𝐏𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠☆
Islam is such a pivotal aspect of Somali culture that i would have more in common with a Muslim Oromo than a Somali Murtad.

The food we eat or don’t eat
The clothes we wear and modesty
Our morals and behaviour
Religious holidays

And much more i share with a Oromo Muslim than a Somali murtad.

Also Murtads are insufferable when it comes to islam more often than not. The only thing i share with a murtad is ethnicity.

Also as muslims life is a test. Allah will not give us extra points because of our ethnicity.

Once you realise that you wont have a grand importance on your ethnicity. What matters most is your morals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending