Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Distance sports are more popular.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to ask this question I had for a long time to my Somali brotha living in the West (England, Canada and the US) :

Why these 3 countries, with a significant Somali population, don't seem to produce any athletes of Somali descent, especially football players?

I know you're gonna say Moh Farah and other distance athletes. But I'm talking about popular sports. I know for a fact football is popular in the Somali communities, so it cannot be a cultural thing. Every time I look at English countries I see bruh from Nigeria or Ghana but rarely from East Africa. France produces so many African talents in comparison. I've heard it could be a health issue or a body type thing, but yet France and Belgium produce a lot of maghrebi players who are not really that athletic.
Is it families who don't push their kids to play this sport at a professional level?

Please give me your thought about this and if possible arguments.

Cambuulo Tonight

Poultry in motion
I'm amateuer/semi pro footballer. I'm not blessed with blistering pace and/or insane stamina but my technique is quite good.

It takes a lot more than you think to make a world class professional football player. Also you shouldn't compare football to athletics. It is too complicated, too tactical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending