Somalis and mouth breathing

Mouth breathing is not genetic. It is a habit that individuals acquire, which was not common in the past. For goodness sake, the Apache natives of the US used nasal breathing to increase their endurance during long and tireless runs. Children were trained to breathe through their noses.

Somalis moved away from their old way of life, which is why they look different today. Back home, people are not a monolith but should be re-schooled that mouth breathing is bad for your health with negative health implications. I digress. Many did not retain old practices, such as proper spacing between children or long-term breastfeeding for up to two years. Hence why faces are changing and becoming narrower. They also used to chew on frankincense resin gum. Their food was not processed, and they did not consume processed sugar. Also, wheat was not a staple in their diet consumed to the degree it is today (especially those from the countryside). From what I recall the Geri Kombe avoided it as did the Samaroon who used to sell it the Habeshis/Ethiopians instead. Perhaps understanding the issues that came from it.

Please elaborate on this walaal- that Gadabuursi would not eat the wheat they grew? Which crops would they eat most? Maize, sorghum and corn?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't see it. Similar eye shape maybe and Somali-esque.
Both very beautiful maasha Allah.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I didn’t grow up around a lot of Somali people but I noticed ever since I was a kid that (no offense) smthn about somali people felt off putting asf. Especially fobs but I noticed even a lot of Somalis born and raised in the west (who live in somali communities) gave me the same vibe sometimes. I couldn’t put my finger on it for the longest time ever and recently I finally connected the dots- it’s the mouth breathing.

CLOSE your DAMN MOUTHS if you’re not eating or talking, that 💩 of leaving your mouth hanging open all day long is just nasty asf! It makes me so uncomfortable. Don’t y’all mouths get dry when it’s open like that all day? I just got off a crowded train during rush hour and there was a single somali woman she was the ONLYY person I saw with her mouth 👄 hanging open the whole damn time (20+ minutes) It gives me the heebie jeebies!! And I’m not saying this for no reason. It’s known fact that mouth breathing from childhood will mess your face up

View attachment 328252

View attachment 328253
Please raise your kids right- teach them to breathe with their mouth CLOSED !!!!!
Thank God Allah blessed me with a strong jawline. What can differentiate your neck from your chin just by doing shrugs . You get well define jaw and well masculine thicker neck. I did hell sport in my highschool years and weight room was a must for extra strength. Please join a gym and do heavyweights. Your boy did football during fall and baseball during spring 😂😂😂

Last edited:

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
Thank God Allah blessed me with a strong jawline. What can differentiate your neck from your chin just by doing shrugs . You get well define jaw and well masculine thinker neck. I did hell sport in my highschool years and weight room was a must for extra strength. Please join a gym and do heavyweights. Your boy did football during fall and baseball during spring 😂😂😂
:qri8gs7: