Somaliland tells Somalia: We don't want your aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
Why would a 'country' call themselves Somaliland when there is another country called Somalia?

tenor.gif

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Why would a 'country' call themselves Somaliland when there is another country called Somalia?

tenor.gif
It is the name that the British colonialists gave that region. Same as Italian Somaliland but now it's only Somalia. It is easier for them to become recognized using the claim they have on the British Somaliland Protectorate. If the British colonialists had called it something else the government would most likely adopt that name as well.

Human

It is the name that the British colonialists gave that region. Same as Italian Somaliland but now it's only Somalia. It is easier for them to become recognized using the claim they have on the British Somaliland Protectorate. If the British colonialists had called it something else the government would most likely adopt that name as well.

Yeah, former country, Djibouti, was called French Somaliland and they are separated from Somalia but you don't see them calling their country 'French Somaliland'.

Many politicians and geographers do not recognise Somaliland as well as Somalia not giving them the classificiation of being a 'country'.

I would say Somaliland is a federal state but they are not a country at all. If they were a country, we would see them do whatever they like without the consent of Somalia but as Somalia is where sovereignty lays that means Somaliland will continue being under the sovereignty of Somalia.

No point Somaliland hypothetically making their region seem like a country when it will only be a federal state. They should stop all the chatter of 'SOMALILAND IS A COUNTRY' or 'HAPPY SOMALI LAND INDEPENDENCE DAY' when they should be focused on helping Somalia as they are part of Somalia.

I rest my case.
:mjpls:

N

nadia

Yeah, former country, Djibouti, was called French Somaliland and they are separated from Somalia but you don't see them calling their country 'French Somaliland'.

Many politicians and geographers do not recognise Somaliland as well as Somalia not giving them the classificiation of being a 'country'.

I would say Somaliland is a federal state but they are not a country at all. If they were a country, we would see them do whatever they like without the consent of Somalia but as Somalia is where sovereignty lays that means Somaliland will continue being under the sovereignty of Somalia.

No point Somaliland hypothetically making their region seem like a country when it will only be a federal state. They should stop all the chatter of 'SOMALILAND IS A COUNTRY' or 'HAPPY SOMALI LAND INDEPENDENCE DAY' when they should be focused on helping Somalia as they are part of Somalia.

I rest my case.

I dont remember Somaliland asking Somalia consent for the UAE port deal nor do i remember Somaliland asking Somalia consent for establishing their own passport.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe

I've noticed almost every somali lacks this basic knowledge. Also the fact that before the colonialists came it was always known as Dhulka somaliyeed and by the Arabs Ardu Somaal which means Somaliland. It's actually the most historically accurate and authentic name for our country

Human

I dont remember Somaliland asking Somalia consent for the UAE port deal nor do i remember Somaliland asking Somalia consent for establishing their own passport.

That's deals to do within their own federal state so that is fine. But, when it comes to bigger political or economic issues that would drastically affect Somalia, Somaliland, without a doubt, has to go to Somalia.

The make up of Somalia, I would say, is similar or perhaps the same to the US's federal system. All 50 states have their own federal system and they are in charge of whatever happens in their federal regions. But, when there is a political, economic or social change that would happen to the US, this would always be decided in Washington DC by either the President or Congress.

Did that help?
:bell:

N

nadia

That's deals to do within their own federal state so that is fine. But, when it comes to bigger political or economic issues that would drastically affect Somalia, Somaliland, without a doubt, has to go to Somalia.

The make up of Somalia, I would say, is similar or perhaps the same to the US's federal system. All 50 states have their own federal system and they are in charge of whatever happens in their federal regions. But, when there is a political, economic or social change that would happen to the US, this would always be decided in Washington DC by either the President or Congress.

Did that help?
:bell:

Yes i understand but the UAE port deal was a big deal even Somalia objected to the notion but still went ahead this gets to show Somaliland does not need Somalia permission give me one example that we asked for their consent?

Human

Yes i understand but the UAE port deal was a big deal even Somalia objected to the notion but still went ahead this gets to show Somaliland does not need Somalia permission give me one example that we asked for their consent?

This explained everything

giphy.gif

Another reason to why they will never get recognized :abuxyga: everyday they keep showing their true colors and true reasons as to why they even wanna be a country to begin with

N

nadia

This explained everything

giphy.gif

Exactly you have nothing to say because is the truth we dont need Somalia permission never did and never will. Somalia cant even get permission for themselves lool.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤

I rest my case.
Yes because French Somaliland changed the name of the country to Djibouti. Who knows, Somaliland might do the exact same thing after they get recognized. To early to tell.

Somalia has pretty much no say in what Somaliland does. Past events have proven that such as the UAE military base in Berbera. The Berbera port concession to UAE company DP World. Somaliland buys weapons under the radar from countries such as UAE and Ethiopia. Somalia and Somaliland currently is two different entities. They have very little relations, It doesn't fall under the same category as Puntland for example which is a federal state.

The thing that makes Somaliland very difficult to take actions against is because of the legal claim they have on the land and the state. This is because of the fact that they once were recognized as a country in 1960 by 35 countries, including all five permanent members of the UN Security Council welcoming its sovereignty.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
I've noticed almost every somali lacks this basic knowledge. Also the fact that before the colonialists came it was always known as Dhulka somaliyeed and by the Arabs Ardu Somaal which means Somaliland. It's actually the most historically accurate and authentic name for our country
Yes but I was just pointing out one possible reason for why they call themselves Somaliland. If the colonialist called them something else they would most likely adopt that name in hopes of possibly hastening their recognition they want from the IC.

Human

Exactly you have nothing to say because is the truth we dont need Somalia permission never did and never will. Somalia cant even get permission for themselves lool.

Nadia, are you part of the Somali government?

Where is the evidence that Somalia can't even get permission for themselves? Such a sweeping statement to make without anything to back you up.

Well, Nadia, that UAE port deal was illegal and corrupt. If the international community knew about that deal, Somaliland would have to pay severe sanctions for what they did. What Somaliland did was a violation of Somalia's sovereignty. Somaliland must respect sovereignty and they must not go against the wishes of Somalia. In reality, if Somaliland does not listen to Somalia, a Somalia official can potentially go to a political organisation which will easily hold Somaliland accountable. There is no point of Somaliland fighting like petty children trying to claim sovereignty when Somalia has the ultimate sovereignty.

https://www.tesfanews.net/somaliland-uae-deal-corrupt-illegal/

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤

Where is the evidence that Somalia can't even get permission for themselves? Such a sweeping statement to make without anything to back you up.

Well, Nadia, that UAE port deal was illegal and corrupt. If the international community knew about that deal, Somaliland would have to pay severe sanctions for what they did. What Somaliland did was a violation of Somalia's sovereignty. Somaliland must respect sovereignty and they must not go against the wishes of Somalia. In reality, if Somaliland does not listen to Somalia, a Somalia official can potentially go to a political organisation which will easily hold Somaliland accountable. There is no point of Somaliland fighting like petty children trying to claim sovereignty when Somalia has the ultimate sovereignty.

The whole world knows of this deal. Somalia can not contest Somaliland when it comes to legalities as I told you before. Otherwise Somalia could hold the UAE accountable for transgression of their sovereignty but why have the not done that? Because they would lose any claim against Somaliland in international courts. Somaliland and Somalia are not even communicating currently.

Their relations are minimal to non-existing. You have this misconception that Somaliland is like Puntland who freely wants to be a part of Somalia. This is not the case.

N

nadia

Does Somalia have a functioning government? Does Somalia ask their own permission to withdraw AMISOM and other foreign troops? i can go on and one but is best if i dont. I dont care if the port deal was corrupt it just gets to show Somaliland can cooperate with foreign nations without the inteference of Somalia. See how desperate Somalia wanted to intervene and stop the deal from happening but subsequently failed to do so once again showing Somaliland is capabale of dealing with big political matters. And like i said if you did have the overall "ultmate sovereignty" you would have somehow stopped the deal but that didnt happen.

Human

The whole world knows of this deal. Somalia can not contest Somaliland when it comes to legalities as I told you before. Otherwise Somalia could hold the UAE accountable for transgression of their sovereignty but why have the not done that? Because they would lose any claim against Somaliland in international courts. Somaliland and Somalia are not even communicating currently.

Their relations are minimal to non-existing. You have this misconception that Somaliland is like Puntland who freely wants to be a part of Somalia. This is not the case.

Does Somalia have a functioning government? Does Somalia ask their own permission to withdraw AMISOM and other foreign troops? i can go on and one but is best if i dont. I dont care if the port deal was corrupt it just gets to show Somaliland can cooperate with foreign nations without the inteference of Somalia. See how desperate Somalia wanted to intervene and stop the deal from happening but subsequently failed to do so once again showing Somaliland is capabale of dealing with big political matters. And like i said if you did have the overall "ultmate sovereignty" you would have somehow stopped the deal but that didnt happen.

No, it's the fact that Somaliland is still part of Somalia so they must still abide to international and national rules when it comes to sovereignty. As Somaliland is not a country, they should still listen to Somalia. I understand they could not listen to Somalia but they should only do it in a way that does not go against Somalia's sovereignty.

Quite sad that corruption is still prevalent in Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts