Somaliland/South Yemen Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
Somaliland and South Yemen share history all they way back to the Roman Greek periods.Himyar traded with Northern Somali coastal city states.Then when Islam was founded they brought Islam to our coasts and the Shafici madhab.Trade and relations continued through time whether under the Abbasaids,Ayyubids, and Ottoman dynasties ruling over both our areas.Then in the 1800s we were both under the protection of England who needed that strategic waterway to bring,goods,ships and people between England and their crown jewel colony of South Asia.The British made Aden which was insignificant fishing village and a shell of it's past glory back on it's feet and with British help,Red seaand Gulf of Aden trade was booming again.Both people were going across both ways.

Now South Yemen like Somaliland got Independence,and out of being ignorant of their fellow countrymen(South Somalia and North Yemen) joined a union.Only to be betrayed,Somalilanders in 1980s fought off the south attained independence while South Yemen tried in 1994 but Ali Abdullah Saleh sadly crushed them.The world should recognize us both as we are a fair and honest bunch unlike our evil neighbours.

South Yemen
2000px-Divided_Yemen.svg.png

somaliland_map.jpg

Do you want federalism? NOOOOOO!!!! Revolution till the death!
It's in our interest to accept the southern yemenis refugees.As of now Saudi backs their fighters and inshallah will recognize them and then us.We will have a Gulf Of Aden brotherhood.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
While you reer konfuur start fuming at the mouth enjoy this skit made to show the brotherhood between Somalis and Yemenis(I think these are Northern Yemenis tho)

I see what you did there
Nigga snuck qadiyada somaliland in there so smoothly :lolbron:

On a serious note though you're speaking up for the plight of Yemen but are overlooking the truth of the matter and that is the entire Jaziratul Arab belongs to the house of ibn Saud and his sons. If the Iranians seek to further spread their sphere of influence into Arab lands through the use of proxies in the form of Arab Shia populations then we can witness what is currently happening in Yemen also happen in Bahrain next. There might be many kings/dictators in Arabia but only one royal family goes with out answering to anyone other than the hegemonic Americans that keep the balance of power and status quo in the region in a favourable climate for US imperialism.

Bottom line is Saudi royal family equals American allies in the region so all the rhetoric of spreading freedom & democracy/human rights etc.. Comes after supporting ones allies even if the said allies are enacting what can be classed as war crimes & also crimes against humanity in The Hague court or any other international criminal court

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
I see what you did there
Nigga snuck qadiyada somaliland in there so smoothly :lolbron:

On a serious note though you're speaking up for the plight of Yemen but are overlooking the truth of the matter and that is the entire Jaziratul Arab belongs to the house of ibn Saud and his sons. If the Iranians seek to further spread their sphere of influence into Arab lands through the use of proxies in the form of Arab Shia populations then we can witness what is currently happening in Yemen also happen in Bahrain next. There might be many kings/dictators in Arabia but only one royal family goes with out answering to anyone other than the hegemonic Americans that keep the balance of power and status quo in the region in a favourable climate for US imperialism.

Bottom line is Saudi royal family equals American allies in the region so all the rhetoric of spreading freedom & democracy/human rights etc.. Comes after supporting ones allies even if the said allies are enacting what can be classed as war crimes & also crimes against humanity in The Hague court or any other international criminal court
The Iranians officially claimed Bahrain as a part of their sovreign territory since independence.They tried their usualy bullshit but saudi came in with 30,000 tanks and infantry and helped the bahraini sunni emir crush the revolution.As for Yemen,it's situation is so fucked and complex.As of now the Southern tribes,the Gulf and AlQaeda are allied to continue pushing the Houthis back North where they came from.Houthis still control Sanca.The only group militarily standing n the way of southern independence Ansar Al Sharia who as of now control Hadhramout together with their tribes and have taken control of Abyan. Here is the map:

Shaher_Abdulhak_And_Nada_Nasser_YemenMap3.jpg

right now Aden the capital is shared between the failed official govt,Southern Seperatists and Ansar AlSharia.ISIS here and there attack all three of them.It's in Saudi interest to support the Southerners against AlQaeda and ISIS after the Houthis are finished.It' in Sland interest as well.We don't want Jihadis controlling coastal cities across from us(They already control two coastal provincial cities).Our region is getting dangerous.It's in both Saudia and Somaliland interest to see a free south capable of standing up to those northerners(who hate saudis and are zaydi shias) and to the Jihadis in order to have stability in the region.US will see the light in this for sure.

@Waranle "Saudi backs their fighters and inshallah will recognize them and then us"

Have you any reason to think that would happen?? Honestly? When has Saudi ever even hinted at that? The Arab League have made it abundantly clear they will not accept Somalia being broken up. SA in particular has gone out of its way to sabotage Somalilands economy in the past. Stop imagining there is some brotherly feeling between Somaliland and SA. SA, like all of the arab states, will be one of the very last to recognize Somaliland.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
If they recognize the separation of one Arab league nation(Yemen) then the same can be done for Somaliland especially since we are a functioning govt.This will be beneficial for both of us since they can have influence on both coasts of the Gulf of Aden.Iranian ships must beware!

If they recognize the separation of one Arab league nation(Yemen) then the same can be done for Somaliland especially since we are a functioning govt.This will be beneficial for both of us since they can have influence on both coasts of the Gulf of Aden.Iranian ships must beware!

In order to think like that you must ignore a great deal about the reality on the ground, about what has happened in the past, about what is likely to happen in the future. You must imagine that SA thinks and behaves very different to how they have done in the past and are doing now. Regardless, you can think what you want oc, but I think this is very naive line of thought.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
The only thing they have in common is that they will never get independence, if you want to call that brotherhood so be it.

Somaliland is as real as narnia won't happen anytime soon

I know this is a common trope on somali twitter, but it doesn't really mean anything. The Somaliland government do control most of the territory they lay claim to, they hold elections and are recognised as the government by most of the people. Regardless of what you and I think, there are people who are invested in the very idea of Somaliland, and there are many of them. Not recognising this, or pretending it's not a reality, does not bode well for reconciliation, which is what I assume you want.

I know this is a common trope on somali twitter, but it doesn't really mean anything. The Somaliland government do control most of the territory they lay claim to, they hold elections and are recognised as the government by most of the people. Regardless of what you and I think, there are people who are invested in the very idea of Somaliland, and there are many of them. Not recognising this, or pretending it's not a reality, does not bode well for reconciliation, which is what I assume you want.
It's just banter. I don't think any of shacabka Somalis really care about Somaliland. It's just the nationalists who do want to see Somali Republic rise from it's ashes.

Apollo

VIP

Problem with the Somaliland project is the global consensus in International Relations. If you are not of strategic importance to a super power in the security council the only way you can get recognized is if the country you break from gives the green light.

Sadly they are forever doomed.

@Waranle

Have you no shame? Wasn't South Yemen who betrayed us and joined Ethiopia and attacked Somali forces? Why would you call them your brothers but have cuqdad on fellow Somalis.

Problem with the Somaliland project is the global consensus in International Relations. If you are not of strategic importance to a super power in the security council the only way you can get recognized is if the country you break from gives the green light.

Sadly they are forever doomed.

This is absolutely true, which is why I am very nervous how this will all end. There is no honesty or seriousness in the negotiations between somaliland and somalia, and there probably won't be any time soon. It seems to me that a war is completely inevitable, which is a shame just on the face of it. But a particular shame because it's totally and completely avoidable.

We share more history than you and they went against Somalia in 1977 and Allied with Rthiopia. South Yemenis are less Arab and more African and we could support their independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending