Somaliland hopes Brexit will pave way for UK to grant international recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Britain’s looming departure from the EU may be a fraught issue at home, yet in one corner of the Horn of Africa hopes are harboured of a very definite Brexitdividend.

The government of Somaliland believes the impending split marks a pivotal moment, one that will free the UK to grant the self-declared state the international recognition it has been seeking for more than 25 years.

“I think Brexit will make it much easier for the British government to make up its mind,” said Somaliland’s foreign minister, Dr Saad Ali Shire.

“Under the EU, all the members have to abide by the EU policy regarding Somaliland. Britain did not have much leeway to make up its own mind. Being out of the EU [means] they can do whatever they want. I think it’s good for us. I think they will have the flexibility in their foreign policy.”

for the rest of the article https://www.theguardian.com/global-...t-international-recognition-berbera-port-deal

Apollo

VIP
Britain doesn't care at all about Somaliland. It's a totally pointless region from their perspective. Also, the UK has its own problems with Scotland. It is in no mood to stir up breakaway sentiment around the world.

Wa Kuwa like prostite begging the world for shelter and giving pussy by the pound to everyone in hopes some one will actually go home with her.

Siilland

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Britain doesn't care at all about Somaliland. It's a totally pointless region from their perspective. Also, the UK has its own problems with Scotland. It is in no mood to stir up breakaway sentiment around the world.

Shhhhh don't ruin their fantasy. Recognition is just around the corner! It's been what, 22 years? Any day now!:drakelaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending