Somaliland had a chance to elect a true reformer and patriot, but squandered it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
The man I refer to is Mudane Jamal Ali Hussein. This Harvard Educated banker and Citi Bank CEO has solid international experience and educational credentials.

The thing I really like about this guy is his practical advice to young people on how to make it in the west. He doesn't believe in this victim narrative being pushed by leftists in the west. This is a guy who pulled himself up by his bootstraps and created his own wealth.

Listen to his lecture below :

I'm getting Egal 2.0 vibes from this video he gave on South African TV about Somaliland a couple years back. Helps that they are also both Ciise Muuse (HA) as well :denzelnigga:.

All I have to say is shame on UCID and Ina Ali Waraabe for denying him his shot at the presidency. We could have really made inroads into cleaning up all the musuqmaasuq in SL if he won. The only mistake he made in my books was to join the sinking ship that is Kulmiye.

Now we are most likely going to get Musa Behi who is going to be a disaster. God help SL Wallahi.

Last edited:

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
jamal was a bad politician.
Just because someone is well educated it does not mean they have to be good at politics.

Jamal was no different to Muse Bixi, Cirro or Faisal Ali Waraabe.
He spent 90% of his time bashing the government, non of the other opposition candidates were as bad a him.
All he did was point fingers at kulmiye.
If only he used his energy in a positive way.
He was too negative to become the leader.

:siilaanyolaugh:

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
I doubt he would've been different from any of these clowns we have right now. Let's face it, We (Isaaqs) lack seasoned Politicians. Despite his background, he continued same old tolnimo mentality of seeking support from his tribe, he could've targeted the Youth, those who desperately wanted change.

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
jamal was a bad politician.
Just because someone is well educated it does not mean they have to be good at politics.

Jamal was no different to Muse Bixi, Cirro or Faisal Ali Waraabe.
He spent 90% of his time bashing the government, non of the other opposition candidates were as bad a him.
All he did was point fingers at kulmiye.
If only he used his energy in a positive way.
He was too negative to become the leader.

:siilaanyolaugh:

Negative campaigning is a proven and effective method of winning elections.

The nice guy almost never wins in politics. Even guys like Obama who pass the likability test have surrogates and proxies act as their attack dogs and do the dirty work that needs to be done to win.

Also would you rather have an uneducated clan instigator like Musa Behi who's main hobby is chewing Khat? Or the investment banker rubbing shoulders with the global business elite who could actually build a credible case for SL independence. I know which one I'm picking. :manny:

Last edited:

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
I doubt he would've been different from any of these clowns we have right now. Let's face it, We (Isaaqs) lack seasoned Politicians. Despite his background, he continued same old tolnimo mentality of seeking support from his tribe, he could've targeted the Youth, those who desperately wanted change.

Isaaqs had great politicians. I don't know how you can say this with a straight face. Mohamed Haji Ibrahim Egal (AUN) was one of the great Somali politicians who selflessly helped to spearhead the formation of the union with the south in 1960.

Don't confuse that great history with this current crop in SL that are useless dameers that are only interested in their next meal.

Last edited:

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Good leader need charisma.
Muse Bihi is 100x more charismatic than Jamal.
Every time I heard Jamal on TV is voice would make me go to sleep.

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
No. I am an Awdalite.

Wait. I don't get it. Musa Bixi when he was interior minister in SL in the 90's actually sided with Samaroon in land disputes against Jibril Abokor (HA) in Gabiley region. He legit helped your clan and stabbed us in the back.

You should love this guy unless i'm missing something here.

I get why Garxajis hate him, but why Samaroon?

Wait. I don't get it. Musa Bixi when he was interior minister in SL in the 90's actually sided with Samaroon in land disputes against Jibril Abokor (HA) in Gabiley region. He legit helped your clan and backstabbed his own.

You should love this guy unless i'm missing something here.

I get why Garxajis hate him, but why Samaroon?
Lol this guy killed people in Dilla and Borama.
He now wants 6 little deegaans of ours and many more things that were in a leaked letter recently. Cadow weeyi

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Isaaqs had great politicians. I don't know how you can say this with a straight face. Mohamed Haji Ibrahim Egal (AUN) was one of the great Somali politicians who selflessly spearheaded the formation of the union with the south in 1960.

Don't confuse that great history with this current crop in SL that are useless dameers that are only interested in their next meal.

That was one of his biggest mistakes as a PM of the state of Somaliland in the 60's even he admits it. Let's stick to poetry, we don't make great politicians sxb.

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
That was one of his biggest mistakes as a PM of the state of Somaliland in the 60's even he admits it. Let's stick to poetry, we don't make great politicians sxb.

Don't be so self defeatist,

Of course, in hindsight after 1988 it seemed like a massive mistake to join. He was a great politician in my opinion because he could have easily ruled an independent Somaliland had they not joined the union and went their own way. Remember he put his ambition aside and didn't even become PM until 1967.

He even admitted that he was implementing the will of the people who wanted unity at the time, or as he called it the "winds of change" by joining the south. He is incomparable to the xoolo we have today, a true Geesi Geesi Dalay AUN to President Egal.

See here his interview with Djibouti state television:

Bohol

VIP
By the way Jamal is a hidden tribalist for those that don't know the whole reason UDUB
collapsed is because of him. Both the HY and Gadabursi UDUB supporters told him to
piss off when he demanded UDUB party be handed over to him because his uncle created
it Lol (forgetting what made UDUB successful in the elections was HY and Awdal numbers).
Now those communities shifted to WADANI party which is secure from outside meddling.

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
By the way Jamal is a hidden tribalist for those that don't know the whole reason UDUB
collapsed is because of him. Both the HY and Gadabursi UDUB supporters told him to
piss off when he demanded UDUB party be handed over to him because his uncle created
it Lol (forgetting what made UDUB successful in the elections was HY and Awdal numbers).
Now those communities shifted to WADANI party which is secure from meddling.

UDUB was created by Egal though :banderas:. He's the reason we have multi-party democracy today. I think the party died because HY wanted to create their own party from scratch. Gadabursi are in all 3 parties because they supplement the governing coalition, it's like an unofficial, symbolic rule that they take VP role no matter who wins to ensure minority representation.

Did you know that Dahir Riyaale (VP at the time) wasn't even supposed to take over when Egal died? It should have been the speaker of the parliament who took over in a caretaker role as prescribed in the SL constitution. SL doesn't have VP succession like some republics.

Wadani is the best of a bad bunch in my opinion.

Bohol

VIP
Never

UDUB was created by Egal though :banderas:. He's the reason we have multi-party democracy today. I think the party died because HY wanted to create their own party from scratch. Gadabursi are in all 3 parties because they supplement the governing coalition, it's like an unofficial, symbolic rule that they take VP role no matter who wins to ensure minority representation.

Did you know that Dahir Riyaale (VP at the time) wasn't even supposed to take over when Egal died? It should have been the speaker of the parliament who took over in a caretaker role under the SL constitution. SL doesn't have VP succession like some republics.

Well Jamal destroyed that party's legacy easily by coming with the my adeer created
it nonsense. Majority of reer Awdal belong to Makahiil (same clan as Dahir Riyaale
and current WADANI VP candidate Mohamed Ali) they are largely part of WADANI
party. UCID is not a serious party. If UDUB survived then WADANI wouldn't have
been created the old UDUB alliance would have continued but now it is the same but
with a different name and this time it is Arap that is part of it instead of CM.

Last edited:

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
Well Jamal destroyed that party's legacy easily by coming with the my adeer created it nonsense. Majority of reer Awdal belong to Makahiil (same clan as Dahir Riyaale and current WADANI VP candidate Mohamed Ali) they are largely part of WADANI party. UCID is not a serious party.

I agree that's a bad look. He should know better than to come with qabil, as educated as he is.

UCID is perpetual third place, the stepchild of SL politics :russ::mjlol:

It's also interesting how rapidly changing clan alliances are in SL politics. What is true today probably wont be the case in 20 years or so.

Check out this chart from the British Somaliland elections in 1960: Cisse Musa were allied with Garxajis interestingly, and this was Egal's coalition if you can believe it.

Bohol

VIP
I agree that's a bad look. He should know better than to come with qabil, as educated as he is.

UCID is perpetual third place, the stepchild of SL politics :russ::mjlol:

It's also interesting how rapidly changing clan alliances are in SL politics. What is true today probably wont be the case in 20 years or so.

Check out this chart from the British Somaliland elections in 1960: Cisse Musa were allied with Garxajis interestingly, and this was Egal's coalition if you can believe it.

SNL looks like WADANI party (we have HY, CG and Araps all in that party now + Gadabursi). We are creating a guaranteed winning formula
of SNL.

:russ:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending