Somaliland Gov. Ministerial cabinet donate one month salary to Help fight Coronavirus

With the level of competency demonstrated by the Somaliland government you have to wonder why the international community has not give them a seat on the U.N. But then again if you understand the history of the rebel movement SNM you will come understand that not all is well and that outside forces shaped the events from 1980-1990.

With the level of competency demonstrated by the Somaliland government you have to wonder why the international community has not give them a seat on the U.N. But then again if you understand the history of the rebel movement SNM you will come understand that not all is well and that outside forces shaped the events from 1980-1990.

CIA declassified docs on the SNM counted them out and was betting on Siads Regime to win and remain in power. SNM being a homegrown natural movement is why they succeeded

CIA declassified docs on the SNM counted them out and was betting on Siads Regime to win and remain in power. SNM being a homegrown natural movement is why they succeeded

I am talking about the origin story of the SNM. Before they called themselves SNM they use the term four. If you study the relationship between SNM and Mengistu you will get a better understand as to why Somalia was driven to self destruct. Rebel movements that form overnight are not organic.

I am talking about the origin story of the SNM. Before they called themselves SNM they use the term four. If you study the relationship between SNM and Mengistu you will get a better understand as to why Somalia was driven to self destruct. Rebel movements that form overnight are not organic.

They were called afaraad and it was formed to rebuke the incursions from the Dabar goynta Isaaq movement who were armed by Barre. So yes, it was organic and it wasn't over night. The Isaaq elders wrote letters to Barre about these issues and he made things worse by arming his clansmen. All of this doesnt happen over night as you put it. It's a last method after trying all others and being pushed to the edge. Anywho this isnt the topic so make a thread and I'll debunk you there

They were called afaraad and it was formed to rebuke the incursions from the Dabar goynta Isaaq movement who were armed by Barre. So yes, it was organic and it wasn't over night. The Isaaq elders wrote letters to Barre about these issues and he made things worse by arming his clansmen. All of this doesnt happen over night as you put it. It's a last method after trying all others and being pushed to the edge

I am not blaming Isaaq clan elders for rising up against barre after they wrote letters to him about the tensions in the north. I am talking about the method that was employed to show discontent. Barre was a dictator and like all dictators was going to do anything to stay in power. The SNM got funding from outside forces. Those forces wanted to see Somalia self destruct and the SNM wanted to remove a dictator. Guess who got their wish, it was not SNM.

I am not blaming Isaaq clan elders for rising up against barre after they wrote letters to him about the tensions in the north. I am talking about the method that was employed to show discontent. Barre was a dictator and like all dictators was going to do anything to stay in power. The SNM got funding from outside forces. Those forces wanted to see Somalia self destruct and the SNM wanted to remove a dictator. Guess who got their wish, it was not SNM.

The funding was by and large by Isaaq, and we were based out of our traditional lands in Ethiopia From Harta sheekh to Gashaamo. Your narrative of foreign funding is ironic since Siyad barre himself was being funded by the Americans solely to carry out this war against snm. The dictator was removed and Isaaq who were being wiped out by the SNA and clan militias have been in peace since ever since. I call that a win, a big fucking Win. Might be a loss for Somalians who almost wholeheartedly aided Barre against us:mjdontkno:

The funding was by and large by Isaaq, and we were based out of our traditional lands in Ethiopia From Harta sheekh to Gashaamo. Your narrative of foreign funding is ironic since Siyad barre himself was being funded by the Americans solely to carry out this war against snm. The dictator was removed and Isaaq who were being wiped out by the SNA and clan militias have been in peace since ever since. I call that a win, a big fucking Win. Might be a loss for Somalians who almost wholeheartedly aided Barre against us:mjdontkno:

What you express is a limited victory. Sure Barre received aid money from America and soviet Union. But Somalia has been aid dependent country since 1960. If you understand the concept of problem-reaction-solution you will get a feel as to what happened to Somalia. Barre came to power in 1969 after the democratically elected president was murdered. There was no serious enquiry to investigate the events that lead up to the assassination of a president. Egal and Addan where then arrested and Barre's military junta moved in. The Isaaq population did not show discontent at this point. In fact nobody resisted Barre when he closed parliament and the supreme court. Barre is the root cause of this yet many Somalis never showed any intelligence and asked important questions. Who is really supporting this man and why? How come he made serious mistakes that upon reflection seem like he acted on purpose. Mistakes like invading western Somalia region of Ethiopia. Entering the Arab league without a serious reason. relaying on aid money and not developing a real economy.

Events like these were engineered from the outside (soviet union) and America played a role as well. Remember the events that are happening now in Syria happened before in Somalia. The program is the same but the country is different. These leaders that end up destroying their countries are following a plan given to them by NATO. Otherwise any rational person would have governed in the best interest of his or her people.

Actually anti Isaaq Northerners were Afweyne's biggest supporters, not Southerners excluding MX. Sugarcoating 80s historybis done to please Afweyne's Northern dabadhilif to promote Somsliland unity. The reality is Northern fuqush were defeatef SNM plus Ciisa abd some Samaroon. The rest agreed to peace after losing

Trending

Latest posts