Somaliland GDP Report 2012 - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Somaliland’s GDP increased by 10.6 percent from 2012 to 2017
Somaliland’s GDP amounted to 2,573 million USDollars in 2017, while GDP per
capita amounted to 675 US Dollars. The growth of real GDP, at constant 2015 prices,
was close to 11 percentfrom 2012 to 2017– an average annual growth rate of 2
percent. However, real GDP decreased by 1 percent in 2017 due to a substantial
decrease of exports of livestock.
Figure 1: Real GDP-growth 2013-2017, percent
Sources: CSD, 2017
The share of household final consumption expenditure of GDP was just below 100
percent for the years 2012-2014, then increasing to about 110 percent in 2017. The
share of gross fixed capital formation increased from 10 percent in 2010 to 18 percent
in 2017, while the share of exports decreased from 23 to 8 percent from 2012 to 2017.
Imports make up40-45 percent of GDP.

Exports amounted to 202 million US Dollars in 2017.The major export product is
live animals with a share of the total decreasing from 91 percent in 2012 to 73 percent
in 2017. The volume decreased by 45 percentfrom 2012 to 2017 due to a decrease by
51 percent of exports of live animals. Frankincense is also an important export
product. Expenditure by non-residents in Somaliland is recorded as exports of
services and account for 5-10 percent of the total.
Figure 6: Exports 2012-2017
Sources: CSD, 2017
Imports amounted to 1,154 million US Dollars in 2017 with the volume increasing
by 19 percent from 2012 to 2017. Consumer goods made up close to 50 percent of
imports with a share of food and beverages at 36 percent. Capital goods made up 39
percent of the total. The remaining 13 percent include industrial supplies and fuels.
Imports as recorded by the Somaliland Customs cover about 25 per cent of the
estimated total imports with shares of product groups as depicted in Figure 7b.

Full report can be found:http://www.somalilandcsd.org/somaliland-gdp-report-2012-2017/

Not Somalia no matter how much you say it.

But do check the Somaliland Central Statistics Disagreeme website one of the few that is updated and quite useful
It’s a typo saxib

Even so 2% per year is slow even for a developing country

Nice to see that the economy is diversified from livestock

That’s slow for a developing country like Somalia

It should be at least 5 times that amount.

The economy is largely based of livestock as well for a place like somaliland which is almost 100% desert.:noneck:

I used to use somaliland as an example that Somalis weren’t completely brain dead people, but this is ridiculous.

At this rate no Somali region will ever leave the 3rd world.:farmajoyaab::farmajoyaab:

SirLancelLord

VIP
It’s a typo saxib

Even so 2% per year is slow even for a developing country

Nice to see that the economy is diversified from livestock

Economy is slow die to miss management and high taxes in the port you'll be ostomy close to $2k in taxes/feesto bring a car in.

Hardly anything is exported and anything that is imported can be made in country.

SirLancelLord

VIP

The economy is largely based of livestock as well for a place like somaliland which is almost 100% desert.:noneck:

I used to use somaliland as an example that Somalis weren’t completely brain dead people, but this is ridiculous.

At this rate no Somali region will ever leave the 3rd world.:farmajoyaab::farmajoyaab:

We're under the wrong leadership imagine how much money hargeisa made in taxes that could've solved all the cities problems but we have incompetent unpatriotic and corrupt leaders

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

Djibouti has been doing very well these past few years and their future is brighter than ever.
https://www.porttechnology.org/news/world_bank_lifts_djibouti_55_places_in_doing_business_index

I think IOG got Alzheimer's and someone else took over.
:russ:

both PL and SL are getting robbed on frankincense we should way much from it.

PL will soon release its report as well.

SirLancelLord

VIP

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Economy is slow die to miss management and high taxes in the port you'll be ostomy close to $2k in taxes/feesto bring a car in.

Hardly anything is exported and anything that is imported can be made in country.
I heard that the taxes are so high in Berbera, some people in Somaliland use Bosaso instead because it's cheaper even with trucking fees included.
:faysalwtf:

SirLancelLord

VIP
I heard that the taxes are so high in Berbera, some people in Somaliland use Bosaso instead because it's cheaper even with trucking fees included.
:faysalwtf:

Yes that's what I did. About a few hundred to get my car of the ship them for sometime to drive to Las Anod I registered it there got my plates then drove to Burco

Djibouti has been doing very well these past few years and their future is brighter than ever.
https://www.porttechnology.org/news/world_bank_lifts_djibouti_55_places_in_doing_business_index

I think IOG got Alzheimer's and someone else took over.
:russ:

Djibouti has one of the lowest HDI in the world, lower than even a country like Malawi which has a poverty rate of 80%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

All because the fat president wants to enrich himself and those around him, while ignoring his population.

Amazing how much could change for Somalis if they had a competent leaders.

VIP
DpZN9btXoAAOb47.jpeg

inflation is qac.

Djibouti has one of the lowest HDI in the world, lower than even a country like Malawi which has a poverty rate of 80%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

All because the fat president wants to enrich himself and those around him, while ignoring his population.

Amazing how much could change for Somalis if they had a competent leaders.

He's a doqon with 2 years left. You're absolutely right

The new wealth goes in his pockets

Africa o Africa, how I pity thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending