Somaliland economy in big trouble hargreisa city council have not been paid for two months

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bad news we are now seeing the effect of 5 years of drought .The situation is being made worse by the mayor and his deputy who are the most corrupt politician in somaliland. If action is not taking against them somaliland would be in danger of collapse. How can a country survive if it doesn't pay it workers , now it may be hargeisa city council workers but it may move to other sectors. How can somaliland certain it control in the east if it can pay for hargreisa city council workers. This is the game changer the government needs to be honest with the public about the difficulties it faces so that the public can be won over.

Silky

操你的媽媽
Horta when was the last mayoral election. The electoral system must allow for the quick ouster and removal of incompetent leaders otherwise it's not fit for purpose

Last election was in 2012 local election was suppose to happen last year , unfortunately it did not happen so now the election is scheduled to happen next year may I hope it does happen and no more delays but with somaliland you never know. The most important thing now is to remove the mayor and his deputy from office I believe they are national security threat if they have stollen money meant for workers this should not be tolerated. They have been accused of stealing land in hargreisa I think this is more dangerous.

Somaliland economy mostly relied on the livestock exports and that died down too.
The situation is being made worse by corrupt politician especially the mayor and his deputy in hargreisa despite the drought the government budget for local government has not changed so where has the money meant for workers gone, no wonder hargreisa is full of rubbish if you don't pay your workers they don't work .I am worried this may spread to other sectors like security and if that happens we are finish.

No, @Mohi is right about Hargeisa corruption. I hope the locals fix the problems, inshallah.
In the recent budget the teachers got pay rise and they have been paid so it is seems the problem is with hargeisa if the situation is because of luck of money muse bixi would not have authorise the pay increase so the issue is with the mayor and his deputy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending