Somaliland Announces 6.2 Million Population

The population of Somaliland is ~3.66 million.
880,000 Gadabursi and 2.78 million Isaaq.

This is what you get if you use the 2014 PESS and the 2020 SLDHS Somaliland Health & Demographic Survey to make your projections.
800k Samarone what is this guy smoking. Isaaq are 3.5 mill including all our people from Sool/Sanaag and also in Awdal. Isaaq goes up to 4 mill once adding our population in Ethiopia & Djibouti.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
800k Samarone what is this guy smoking. Isaaq are 3.5 mill including all our people from Sool/Sanaag and also in Awdal. Isaaq goes up to 4 mill once adding our population in Ethiopia & Djibouti.

The problem you have is we know how much land Isaaq inhabit. It’s ~88k sq km. For you to have a population of 4 million, your population density would have to be 60% higher than the average for Somalia. While there is evidence that Isaaq have a population density ~30% higher than Somalia’s average, there is no evidence of their population density being 60% higher than the nationwide average.

Given the low fertility I expect that population density to be rising faster in the rest of the country.

Awdal’s population in 2014 was 673,000 and 35% were nomadic. Awdal reminds me of Mandera County. It is urban, rural and nomadic all at once.

The problem you have is we know how much land Isaaq inhabit. It’s ~88k sq km. For you to have a population of 4 million, your population density would have to be 60% higher than the average for Somalia. While there is evidence that Isaaq have a population density ~30% higher than Somalia’s average, there is no evidence of their population density being 60% higher than the nationwide average.

Given the low fertility I expect that population density to be rising faster in the rest of the country.

Awdal’s population in 2014 was 673,000 and 35% were nomadic. Awdal reminds me of Mandera County. It is urban, rural and nomadic all at once.

Ignoring all the figures you posted, the population density is definitely higher than many parts of the country. Especially Puntland which is pretty empty.

Puntland certainly bring down the average population density of the country.

Population census in .So is just an estimation on a wide scale and larger margin of error, with very little accuracy critical to demographics data tabulation, for the population is largely either nomadic or concentrated in rural areas, as would be expected.

On the case of SL, one question I have been asking myself was: to where have all the nomads and rural villagers between Hargeysa and Burco disappeared? I drove through that route a few times over the years, and there are not many nomads or villages, but a few, to be seen with the exception possibly being if one was to take the old direct route by khat traders, as been told, cutting through Oodweyne. But the question remains: where have all the nomads and villagers in between gone? And outside of Hargeysa, where are the other 5 million people living? Historically, Togdheer of its Hawd/Western parts, was the hub for nomads, but sadly not any more. True, most residents of Hargeysa now are not natives to the city nor their families, but surely not to that extreme migration. Or is it?

It is quite the opposite between Hargeysa and Awdal region. Barring that, one sees not many, till one has reached Caynaba through Nugaal to Mudug, where one encounters more nomads and rural villages, and even more so through the route connecting Galkacyo to Garacad (I have seen and interacted with more nomads and villagers in the 150 mile drive than between Hargeysa and Burco, 200 miles).

In DDS, from Jigjida to Galdogob traversing through Dhagaxbuur, Bookh and Bursaalax are what one would expect, a beautiful 500 mile drive, full of nomads and rural land, a lovely part of the country.

Last edited:
Reer 400k seething :kendrickcry::mjkkk::mindblown:

Somaliland has more than 6.2 million, this is Muse Bihi's tactic to look small and vulnerable to beesha calaamka. SL is at least 9 million if not 10. :fittytousand:

Somaliland has three cities, puntland has 14.

Nacnacda meesha la dhaaf. 14 kulaha. The only towns in PL worth mentioning are Garowe, Bossaso and... half of Galkacyo, rest are irrelavant.

Somaliland on the other hand, Hargeisa, Burco, Berbera, Gabiley, Borama, Ceerigabo and the disputed city of Las Canod.

NidarNidar

Punisher

The Gadabursi live amongst each other be it in Awdal or in Awbare(the most populated district) and Dembel districts, we are one and we have no infighting, everything is settled through our xeer laws, and the estimated population is 2 million.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
I doubt somaliland has the capabilities to even do a census on one town forget the region

Trending

Latest posts