Somalia's reliance on livestock has hampered economic growth. ( my piece)

I think their is currently a gap in the market for this for a few reasons:

1. Difference in taste. The bananas from Somalia were said to be the most tastiest according to the Italians. Family members of mine who are well travelled agree.
2. Most bananas worldwide are cloned from the Cavendish bananas. This makes Somali bananas unique and offers variety to consumers.
3. Cavendish bananas are prone to diseases which will be difficult to control as they are cloned.

Video explains my points in further detail if you want to understand more on this:

Somalia's lazy approach to livestock more like. How about utilising every part of the animal to make as many products as possible. Soaps, hides (fashion), camel milk exporting etc, etc.

Every single thing that is produced and grown in Somalia needs to be fully developed and used.

For instance, Bari has date farms, but I only see people eating dates, I don't see other date products being made and sold.

Somalis have the same uncreative approach to business in the diaspora, where they just open the same; dirac shop, meat shop, internet cafe and daycare.

I love seeing the new industries that are popping up, like the Chicken farm in Garowe, the dairy farm etc, etc.

Somalis need to start thinking outside of the box, that's where the money lies, not in over-saturating the market.

Somalia's lazy approach to livestock more like. How about utilising every part of the animal to make as many products as possible. Soaps, hides (fashion), camel milk exporting etc, etc.

Every single thing that is produced and grown in Somalia needs to be fully developed and used.

For instance, Bari has date farms, but I only see people eating dates, I don't see other date products being made and sold.

Somalis have the same uncreative approach to business in the diaspora, where they just open the same; dirac shop, meat shop, internet cafe and daycare.

I love seeing the new industries that are popping up, like the Chicken farm in Garowe, the dairy farm etc, etc.

Somalis need to start thinking outside of the box, that's where the money lies, not in over-saturating the market.

How about you start an idea! It's no use blaming everyone on how dumb their ideas are when u haven't even done something.

Got a clever unique idea start it!

I plan doing just that insha allah.

Trending

Latest posts