somalians have stockholm syndrome

alien

📍outer space
VIP
FC32C5C6-B48F-4FFA-87F4-AF6FBB5C1E2E.jpeg

I don't at all agree with having a Monarchy (especially not in the 21st Century) but I've always liked Lizzie.

It's informed by historical incidents, so it's understandable that some people feel altogether very differently about Queen Elizabeth II -- particularly in relation to what she and her family represented during the colonial era...

..I still think there's room for decorum and grace; saying RIP at the passing of an old woman doesn't mean that you agree with British imperialism; it just means that you understand that this phenomenon of assessing historical events and incidents almost entirely through a moral lense is actually quite recent and a tad bit indulgent.

As a teenager, I used to take pride in the fact that my people took a great deal of land when we arrived in the South in the 13th-15th centuries; how in the world do I reconcile that with a condemnation of those that just executed that same action on a much grander scale?

Hypocrisy much?

:drakewtf:

I literally had this face :tocry: when I found out that the only reason smaller ethnic groups even held any territory around us in our heartland was because of theTsetse fly.

Yes, I was an imperialist

:browtf:

Shouldn't the takeaway be that we (global South) were conquered because we were (and continue to be) unbearably weak?

Perhaps we should start a full spectrum project to expose, shame, discriminate, suppress and neutralise those that enable this revolting weakness in the here and now.

My painfully long rant is over. Thank you for your Angel-like patience, so here's a digital rose and a digital box of chocolates for you to gawk at.

Rose GIF

Valentines Day Love GIF by kate spade new york

Last edited:

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Boqorada and the Government of UK were never anti Somali, they encouraged Somali nationalism.
The British even invented the concept of greater Somalia.
they were clearly more pro ethiopia and kenya that pro somali.

people should be more critical of the monarchy, even if the queen is dead. if we choose to remember the queens legacy, we should remeber all of it.

Yes, but what do we materially gain from that?

I think reparations are a fairy-tale, and thank God for that; the thought of collectively coming up solely as a consequence of their contrition and grace is vomit-inducing. I think I might just hurl.

What we should remember is that weak people get conquered, fleeced, abused and humiliated.

I want the spotlight on our Mooryaans rather than on foreign Vandals that did what they were supposed to do; our 'leaders' all deserve to be forced against the wall and hit with 57mm autocannons until there is nothing left but hair, teeth and eyeballs.

I don't care about lecturing Cadaans, Carabs or anybody else that took advantage of this God-forsaken and shamefully weak continent.

they got to live a comfy life because of colonisation. her crown is adorned with the spoils of war. they have yet to give reparations to any of their former colonies. they intentionally denied somalis the right to self determination when they "gifted" our land to ethiopia and kenya. this caused mass migrations, deaths and genocides against somali people rebelling.

Yes, the strong prosper and the weak suffer, so what's new?

Military strength has always determined the material conditions of every population.

Why should that particular moment in history be treated any differently?

Don't get me wrong, history matters, but it should be used as a guide to avoid pitfalls and to plug gaps in security rather than as a tool for expressing grievances or as a battering ram for reparations.

Trending