Somalia Prepares for One Person, One Vote Polls by 2020 with meetings but with no concrete plans

Do you think a one person one vote by 2020?

• No

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be the first one to celebrate an electoral succes for Somalia but 2020 is utopian in the current situation and even the qoute from the head of electoral head proves that the person has limited clue of obstacle faced:

"Halima Ismail Ibrahim, the chairperson of the Somali National Independent Electoral Commission, said, "I know many Somalis are asking each other with the current crisis, how can one-man, one-vote be achieved? But we believe if we work hard on it, it can work. We also believe, as the electoral commission, we are ready and we know we can handle such an election. It is important we start working on this process as early as possible.”

There is need for concrete plan and EVEN more important this this articulated in due time to the public and make the rules as simple as possible.

Source: https://www.voanews.com/a/somalia-p...52.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We have too many commissions and chair persons for useless organisation that will never get off the ground and costing alot of money. I dont believe this will happen. What makes up Somalia is regional tribal governments who cant stand one another and are controlled from addis. This is just the gov trying to look legit.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
I hope but I don't think so. If safety isn't 100% achieved in every part of southern Somalia then it wouldn't be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts