Somalia military parade 1971

The year 1977, where Somalia was at its peak in military and economy, during the Somali galbeed war, there was one big last military parade showing its might as the strongest military in the whole of Africa. The army which was sending shiver down habasha spine a couple of months before the war, and Kenya was so scared that nfd could be the next target aswell. Kenya and Ethiopia was so scared that they did joint military pack agreement to protect their fake colony border till this day even.

You can blame The Crazy Barre, for Destroying Our Army. Economy, and Country.
Army, yes to a degree (everyone defected to their clan due to his arrogance and paranoia)
Economy, yes
Country, that is debatable - I'll explain below

Not defending him, the capital and most places other than some parts Burco and Hargesia were intact. When rebels entered Xamar, they took advantage by stealing resources, killing people, taking property. Even pipes and street lamps were melted down and sold for profit. There was no real plan on what to do after he was ousted.

Siad Barre should've stepped down and let Umar Ghalib lead the country until an election was done after 1988 as he was planning to do before changing his mind.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Single biggest mistake Somalia / Barre did. You don’t give advanced weapons to people who have spent more then a millennia killing each other en masse.

iftiina

Spoilers Queen
Wow, my moms time! she always recalls these military parades well, she told me she only saw siad barre one time and it was one of these parades.

Also theres not alot of distinction between somali macalins now before then, they still would beat your ass back then lolol

Highly unlikely, he was a commie from the start
nah he wasn't, he never even read the communist manifesto and was disgusted when he found out Marx was Jewish. It was just easier to get weapons from the Soviet Union for any country back in the day hence why so many countries align with them. All they had to do was follow the "soviet" model. Somalia never followed any commie policies like Ethiopia such as land grabbing, destroying churches/mosques and forcing everything to owned by the state. On the contrary the Somali state would provide farm land to people and built the most masjeds in Somali history. As for economics It followed a mix model like Sweden and Norway but with brutal authoritarian rule. Siyaad was an egomaniac who wanted to be a sultan to Somali people.

FjyeaB3WAAIctc8.jpg
state etc

Abaq

VIP

The year 1977, where Somalia was at its peak in military and economy, during the Somali galbeed war, there was one big last military parade showing its might as the strongest military in the whole of Africa. The army which was sending shiver down habasha spine a couple of months before the war, and Kenya was so scared that nfd could be the next target aswell. Kenya and Ethiopia was so scared that they did joint military pack agreement to protect their fake colony border till this day even.
I'm amazed at the beauty of the people then. Prominent cheekbones, perfect hairlines, strong jaws. Our phenotype has really changed in the last 30 years

The soviets would've always gone with the much larger Ethiopian population. It was 68 iq move to be in the same bloc as your enemy. I would've been the biggest booty clapper for the west in Africa till i destroyed Ethiopia.
US was backing Haile selassie, SRC allied with the Soviets. Mengistu came into power 1974 and followed us and courted USSR. In a sense 300IQ from the Xabashi oeasent Mengistu.

Trending

Latest posts