Somalia livestock population

I asked chatgpt what is Somalia livestock population, because I couldnโ€™t find it using google ๐Ÿ˜‚

Chatgpt said we have
  • Cattle: 12,810,000
  • Sheep: 25,780,000
  • Goats: 27,980,000
  • Camels: 8,050,000
  • Poultry: 44,000,000

I also asked for Ethiopia and Kenya livestock numbers or populations

The Kenyan numbers is
  • Cattle: 19,783,000
  • Sheep: 17,103,000
  • Goats: 31,039,000
  • Camels: 3,235,000
  • Poultry: 45,575,000
The camels obviously belongs to us somalis, and I think a good chunk of these livestock to belong to us too.

and lastly the Ethiopian one
  • Cattle: 59.5 million
  • Sheep: 32.8 million
  • Goats: 33.4 million
  • Pigs: 1.9 million
  • Poultry: 60 million
Including 1.1 million camels ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด

in conclusion Somalia have one of the largest populations of livestock in the world comparing to our small population, but the most surprising was how much poultry we had, because I always thought Somali back home didnโ€™t eat chicken.

With big livestock numbers how come worlds view of Somalia is as hungry country ๐Ÿ˜ญ this narrative need to die

I asked chatgpt what is Somalia livestock population, because I couldnโ€™t find it using google ๐Ÿ˜‚

Chatgpt said we have

The Kenyan numbers is
The camels obviously belongs to us somalis, and I think a good chunk of these livestock to belong to us too.

in conclusion Somalia have one of the largest populations of livestock in the world comparing to our small population, but the most surprising was how much poultry we had, because I always thought Somali back home didnโ€™t eat chicken.

With big livestock numbers how come worlds view of Somalia is as hungry country ๐Ÿ˜ญ this narrative need to die
Outside of a few business men, no one keeps chickens. Most of the chicken on sale is from Brazil.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
You used chatgpt as a source ๐Ÿ’€
Either way if somalis can learn sustainable grazing methods we could shadow every other nation when it comes to camels.

Here is a interesting video about it

Either way if somalis can learn sustainable grazing methods we could shadow every other nation when it comes to camels.

I asked Chatgpt to use the FAO as sources for the numbers because they are the most reliable source

I really donโ€™t care about farming itโ€™s bit overrated. Livestock is more important and profitable

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
I really donโ€™t care about farming itโ€™s bit overrated. Livestock is more important and profitable
The video is about how livestock graze sustainably not farming

Garaad diinle

๎€š๎€ž๎€ข๎€œ๎€  ๎€ ๎€Ÿ๎€ก๎€๎€›
Somali community in sudan own and take care of camels in the capital city of khartoum. They're teaching sudanese the somali way of camel pastoralism. They're also teaching them to consume camel milk as somalis do in somalia. The man in the video is the owner of hashi company. He is developing the area and expanding his business.

Last edited:
Somali community in sudan own and take care of camels in the capital city of khartoum. They're teaching sudanese the somali way of camel pastoralism. They're also teaching them to consume camel milk as somalis do in somalia. The man in the video is the owner of hashi company. He is developing the area and expanding his business.

MashAllah, expanding the geeljire lifestyle to outsiders. May this gesture leave a great legacy and appreciation of Somali contribution in the region :rejoice:

Internet Nomad

VIP
Thereโ€™s definitely more camels in DDS then Somalia proper geeljire lifestyle is realer over there

I have a feeling that you may be hinting at something that could be accurate. Somalia has a higher urban population, which stands at almost 50%, while that figure is closer to 20% in DDS (based on stats from a little over 10 years ago). The rest are a mix of pastoralist and farmers. Which then could make sense.

But when you look up the actual population, Somalia's have much more camels than Ethiopia. Hmm :cosbyhmm:

Internet Nomad

VIP

There is a lot of camels is Australia maybe someone should claim them. Its a big business opportunity

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Chatgpt said we have

The Kenyan numbers is

Why is sheep separated from Cattle? I wanted to know the number of Goats :gnzbryw:

I have a feeling that you may be hinting at something that could be accurate. Somalia has a higher urban population, which stands at almost 50%, while that figure is closer to 20% in DDS (based on stats from a little over 10 years ago). The rest are a mix of pastoralist and farmers. Which then could make sense.

But when you look up the actual population, Somalia's have much more camels than Ethiopia. Hmm :cosbyhmm:
Thatโ€™s what I was getting at Somalia has a higher urbanization rate and also has areas which arenโ€™t suitable for camel rearing thatโ€™s why Somalis on the coastline are fishermen the land in DDS is also more suitable for camel herding

Garaad diinle

๎€š๎€ž๎€ข๎€œ๎€  ๎€ ๎€Ÿ๎€ก๎€๎€›
There is a lot of camels is Australia maybe someone should claim them. Its a big business opportunity
Agreed. Australia has no use for them and in fact on the contrary they contribute to the destruction of the australian wild life habitat and disturbs the delicate balance of the environment. The australian government tried to shoot them down and i recall a young somali geeljire from the south recorded a video protesting their action and asking them to send these camels to somalia.

He said "we've been hearing human right for way to long what about animal rights"? These camels in australia would be welcomed in somalia especially after the three years drought that the country experienced. They would replenish the camel population of somali.

Last edited:

Trending