Can someone post what the official federal constitution of Somalia states regarding the requirement to form a federal state.
If they mean 2 complete gobols then it's bad news for khatumoFound it. It is 2 regions or more.
Article 49: The Number and Boundaries of the Federal Member States and Districts
1. The number and boundaries of the Federal Member States shall be determined by the House of the People of the Federal Parliament.
2. The House of the People of the Federal Parliament, before determining the number and boundaries of the Federal Member States, shall nominate a national commission which shall study the issue, and submit a report of its findings with recommendations to the House of the People of the Federal Parliament.
3. The nomination of the commission referred to in Clause two shall be preceded by the enactment of a law by the House of the People of the Federal Parliament, which shall define:
a. The responsibilities and powers of the commission;
b. The parameters and conditions it shall use for the establishment of the Federal Member States;
c. The number of the commissioners, requirements of membership, nomination methods, office tenure, and their remuneration.
4. The number and the boundaries of the districts in a Federal Member State shall be determined by a law enacted by the parliament of the Federal Member State, which must be approved by the House of the People of the Federal Parliament. • Federal review of subnational legislation • Subsidiary unit government
5. Federal Member State boundaries shall be based on the boundaries of the administrative regions as they existed before 1991.
6. Based on a voluntary decision, two or more regions may merge to form a Federal Member State
It doesn't have to be absolutely 2 complete regions however yes it sucks for Dhulos because they majority live in one regionIf they mean 2 complete gobols then it's bad news for khatumo
Do you a official updated map of the current federal statesIt's to prevent mini-states popping up everywhere but it hasn't helped. We are still pretending Galmudug is a functioning state. It should be a federal government to take charge but the FG is a moryaan infested trap and nobody can trust those people to run anything let alone their own affairs.
Yes it's indeed 2 or more regions. We are dealing with people that have no morals, no respect for any agreement. You shake hands today and tomorrow they will break their promises. No honour whatsoever.
The reason why I am so invested in this section is to remind my people to never return or regret the path we've taken. #NoRegrets
More or less midgaan mj@Starscream this explains why Khaatumo wasn't recognized.
Article 48: The Structure of Government
1. The structure of the government in the Federal Republic of Somalia is composed of two levels of government:
a. The Federal Government Level;
b. The Federal Member States Level, which is comprised of the Federal Member State government, and the local governments. • Municipal government • Subsidiary unit government
2. No single region can stand alone. Until such time as a region merges with another region(s) to form a new Federal Member State, a region shall be directly administered by the Federal Government for a maximum period of two years.
The notion that the south is more diverse and therefore can't work together is a bogus claim tbh. Ahlu Sunnah and Galmudug can't work together and they're from the same subsubclan. They failed their people and regions but don't want to admit so they come up with excuses. We are dealing with people that threatened to burn down Daynille if a convicted killer gets executed, nacalaa kuyaal subhumans.The south is more diverse though hence more volatility. I am surprised federal states can work in the south.
It's also incredibly stupid because it gives more representation to the most nomadic clans. Gaaljecel can claim representation inThe south is more diverse though hence more volatility. I am surprised federal states can work in the south.
On this map there's "contested areas". Since you need 2 full regions, Galmudug can't exist without northern Mudug which is PL so they want to claim it otherwise the alternative is joining Hiiraan but the problem with them is that they don't want a majority HG state. However it gets even crezier because HG in the rest of Galmudug has been unable to form a administration since 2006 and there's been infighting forever. It's a shitshow right now