Somalia’s right bear arms

ReerGarissa

Your feet look like two sacks of shit
Should Somalia’s constitution allow the citizens the right to bear arms?

Since the government-cannot protect life and property, should the citizens be empowered?

This will also ensure the government cannot subjugate the people like the kacan government.

In America, the government fears its people, in Africa the people fear their government. The right to bear arms may balance this.

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
I think it should be under a strict system. Only those who have gone through military service and are enlisted in the reserves should be allowed to own a firearm.

ReerGarissa

I think it should be under a strict system. Only those who have gone through military service and are enlisted in the reserves should be allowed to own a firearm.

Why?

I want the same system as America.

Imagine if everyone had a pistol when shabab attacked Elite hotel today. They would be killed immediately instead of whats happening now .

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
Why?

I want the same system as America.

Imagine if everyone had a pistol when shabab attacked Elite hotel today. They would be killed immediately instead of whats happening now .

We are not like america, we have a qabyaalad problem. Imagine if every qabiilist could walk to the store and buy a gun that easily, if we make people enlist in the military of Somalia then much of the qabiilist mentality will be gone and they will be more loyal to all Somalis instead of just their qabiil.

American gun culture wouldn't work in Somalia.

Americans (especially Whites) bear arms to protect & preserve the Union & Constitution. Whereas, Somalis in Somalia will just misuse their weapons to kill innocents in the name of qabiil & religious extremism.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Americans have an ideology and gun culture that keep them in check.

We don't.

Abaq

VIP
I believe in the eternal right to bear arms. Back in the day, ever man was armed with at least a dagger, if not a spear as well, every waking moment. People didn't go around randomly killing people just because they could. Why should things be different now?

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Somalia already has an open gun policy in effect any man can carry a gun almost anywhere in the country. I don’t believe this has helped anything but fuel clan wars and militias.

ReerGarissa

We are not like america, we have a qabyaalad problem. Imagine if every qabiilist could walk to the store and buy a gun that easily, if we make people enlist in the military of Somalia then much of the qabiilist mentality will be gone and they will be more loyal to all Somalis instead of just their qabiil.

I disagree. Somalis are more like Americans than you think. Every qabil should be armed for self defense the same way american militia are armed.

Somalia has qabil, America has right wing militias, kKK types etc.

A strong military is very bad idea in Africa because it is always used against civilians.

ReerGarissa

American gun culture wouldn't work in Somalia.

Americans (especially Whites) bear arms to protect & preserve the Union & Constitution. Whereas, Somalis in Somalia will just misuse their weapons to kill innocents in the name of qabiil & religious extremism.

compare Somalia to America of the 1800s. It fits